Game-Labs Forum

captain veyron and the world of tommorow

i believe we are loseing ourselves here,your trailer says there be no classes,no ranks,and we will have a huge big world to explore and to conquer,this world you are makeing is not of this earth,your dezyneing ships that were already made long ago,,when you could of used them as a model and dezyned ships of your own,for this game,you talk of nations already known to us of this earth,but this takes away our quest to build a nation on our own,trailer says writeing our own story,,building our own empires,,so all we need from the developers is the world and its mechanics,and then its up to the players to fight,and build,and to gather allies,you take away from our game experiance the freedom to build a nation,it might take years for a clan to gather support and be diplomatic enough and strong enough t0  emerge as a super power,,some people will econ,,and use that to build thier empire and alliances ,while at the same time there be pirates out there,and explorers mapping the known world,then u have adventures finding gold and treasure of all kinds, and all these things will intertwind as the game goes on to actually see the 1st nation arise and the 1st super power in the game,all we need from the developers is the world,the game mechanic,,the quests,,the resources,the abilitys to econ,war,trade,,the rest shud be up to the players and the game will continue as another world of tommorow,and we the people will be its dezyner and carve the future as time goes by.so are you willing to give up the world of tommorow a world that has to be built,a world that has to be explored,for a world that was already written long ago forceing and restricting our future, playing old battels lost long ago when we cud be fighting new exciteing ones,i rest my case

What good is it to rest your case if no one reads your case? Please make some effort to write in sentences. There isn't a language in the world that uses double commas instead of periods.

focus on what i said instead of correcting my punctuation.

If one was to focus on what you have said then I would say that many if not all would find it as disagreeable as your punctuation. I do not wish to create any animosity although I shall state that I disagree with your post immensely. The time period in which this game is set was electric and it is because of what the nations were doing and the way they were enforcing their actions that made it so. If you do not wish to follow with a nation and the ideals of Empire's that are pre-created as the history of the period denotes then i really don't think that this is a game for you. Many people shall come to this game due to the history that it is based upon. I know that myself as a military historian in my own time focusing upon this era finds the game almost a dream come true due to its historical accuracy and political backdrop. Now if you were to have bland nations that we could create our Empires on then you may as well do away with the historical aspect of the game also. I would have no desire to create a nation of my own nor see ridiculously named nations; why don't you go and play a sci-fi game if that is your desire. This I hope is a game for the maturer gamer as immature gamers played a large role in bringing games such as PotBS to its knees (of course the dev team played a huge role too).

I personally didn't wish to dignify this post with a response however I just want to state my utter opposition to your idea.

• Like 2

I think all he really asks for is an Age of Sail Eve. My fear is that when the world is fantasy then the sailing and ships will become fantasy in how they handle, their power, their speed and maneuverability as well. By keeping the game loosely historical than there is an argument to keep the ships historical as well. I'm not absolutely repellent of Veyron's wishes but you have to do one or the other. Both could be fun but NA has chosen a historical route I believe and that will be great fun.

• Like 2

i believe we are loseing ourselves here,your trailer says there be no classes,no ranks,and we will have a huge big world to explore and to conquer,this world you are makeing is not of this earth,your dezyneing ships that were already made long ago,,when you could of used them as a model and dezyned ships of your own,for this game,you talk of nations already known to us of this earth,but this takes away our quest to build a nation on our own,trailer says writeing our own story,,building our own empires,,so all we need from the developers is the world and its mechanics,and then its up to the players to fight,and build,and to gather allies,you take away from our game experiance the freedom to build a nation,it might take years for a clan to gather support and be diplomatic enough and strong enough t0  emerge as a super power,,some people will econ,,and use that to build thier empire and alliances ,while at the same time there be pirates out there,and explorers mapping the known world,then u have adventures finding gold and treasure of all kinds, and all these things will intertwind as the game goes on to actually see the 1st nation arise and the 1st super power in the game,all we need from the developers is the world,the game mechanic,,the quests,,the resources,the abilitys to econ,war,trade,,the rest shud be up to the players and the game will continue as another world of tommorow,and we the people will be its dezyner and carve the future as time goes by.so are you willing to give up the world of tommorow a world that has to be built,a world that has to be explored,for a world that was already written long ago forceing and restricting our future, playing old battels lost long ago when we cud be fighting new exciteing ones,i rest my case

well some dont have vision or backbone to create a future to build an empire ,,all this takes time and real vision,and intelligence to be a diplomat and know when to fight,,some just want it laid right down the rosy garden for them,,cant help those people,,however why i brought this up is more viable than u think becouse star citizen is comming,,most likley the game of the year,,and to compete,against that,the new generation of online games has to be good,,this is why i stepped up the voltage.and maybe your old ways and instant gratification may kill a game even faster in the future,

That's quite the statement that some don't have vision or backbone. Now when I play Napoleon Total War, or any of the Total war series then I am looking to create my own Empire. Now as you have delivered a bit of a barb there I shall say that I have experienced you in PotBS and seen the youtube video made in your honour; and I hardly think that you are one to comment upon diplomacy, intelligence or when to fight however that is another topic entirely that I shan't delve into as I shan't venture to that level. You don't enter a historical game though with historical nations and then state that you want those nations to become Black, Blue and Yellow team for example. Also who is not to state that diplomacy or other options shall not be included in this game. If you want to create separate nations though then who shall be the leaders of those nations? Is it just going to become one huge troll-fest where basically you have to deal with egocentrics? Your posts are becoming far fetched and away from where these forums should be. You have gone from female crewed xebecs in naught but scant clothing to space styled national conquest. I think that we should try to keep the forums a tad more sensible.

focus on what i said instead of correcting my punctuation.

Captain. We have a goal here to make a great game.

Giving feedback in an unstructured way requires deciphering and wastes a lot of time we could spend discussing your ideas.

In addition to that it shows lack of respect to your fellow captains. If you don't want to spend time structuring your thoughts no one will spend time reading them.

The tone you used in your reply is inappropriate. It is not a play forum it's a development forum. Next time make sure you focus on what you say and how you say it please.

• Like 1

That's quite the statement that some don't have vision or backbone. Now when I play Napoleon Total War, or any of the Total war series then I am looking to create my own Empire. Now as you have delivered a bit of a barb there I shall say that I have experienced you in PotBS and seen the youtube video made in your honour; and I hardly think that you are one to comment upon diplomacy, intelligence or when to fight however that is another topic entirely that I shan't delve into as I shan't venture to that level. You don't enter a historical game though with historical nations and then state that you want those nations to become Black, Blue and Yellow team for example. Also who is not to state that diplomacy or other options shall not be included in this game. If you want to create separate nations though then who shall be the leaders of those nations? Is it just going to become one huge troll-fest where basically you have to deal with egocentrics? Your posts are becoming far fetched and away from where these forums should be. You have gone from female crewed xebecs in naught but scant clothing to space styled national conquest. I think that we should try to keep the forums a tad more sensible.

i had programming problems over at potbs took portulus over a month to fix,you people took something out of context and illegaly posted that..but here you wont be able to hide behind ur magic tricks and drinks and super invulnerable clickes ok,,and i actually outsailed all of you,,here its good sailing and gunnery and good battel tactical, so you and ur buddies just bring it on,,you start anything over here i promise ill finish it,but im sorry for you,you just dont have vision enough to build anything,

Captain. We have a goal here to make a great game.

Giving feedback in an unstructured way requires deciphering and wastes a lot of time we could spend discussing your ideas.

In addition to that it shows lack of respect to your fellow captains. If you don't want to spend time structuring your thoughts no one will spend time reading them.

The tone you used in your reply is inappropriate. It is not a play forum it's a development forum. Next time make sure you focus on what you say and how you say it please.

roger that,,just know these people are from potbs and they are the ones that killed the game set up new player to be ganked and played all sides of the war,,i exsposed them, and they have been hammering me ever scince,,and they have started it over here,,kick me out of the game if you want to but im not backing down from these barn yard hillbilies

i am not from potbs. I have no stomach for those who want a game where they can play a fantastical pirate who rules the world.

i want it the way it really was in this period. That is to say nations controlling the world and there privateers.

Nations competing for the seas . Which is exactly why the devs have real world nations setup for people to align there character to.

• Like 3

look fellas all i said is that the trailer said no classes,no levels,we can write our own history,,so do we really want to be set in the old ways,in presets? or go for the future of gameing and truley build the empires, thats all,,im fine with the game as it is,but with tuff competition opening, it may be prudent to take another look,and approach,once the game is set,thats it,you cant  change the game due to innovations of technology.and we may find other games leave us behind is all.

Veyron in potbs I was one of the people who actually tried to help you. Now with regards to visions to build things then I can assure you that I have had both the foresight and the follow through. Your attacks here are not warranted and personally you are showing your true character by doing them. Generally the people who make these grand claims and attacks upon foresight etc are small minded people. I suggest that you tone down your verbose and arrive at the point. We shall see whom can outsail whom here and who has the grander foresight. In PotBS I helped players in a nation and helped to build that nation long before you arrived in a game. I have no intention of trying to embellish myself for that however want to point out that a degree of respect for fellow people in both these forums and the games that you play is a must and should you not satisfy that then you shall become as disliked here as you were in pirates. Many of us were polite to you there and offered every bit of help that we could and you threw it in our faces. You cannot expect people to put up with that attitude. In addition I would like to add that I was one of the Brits who fought for only Britain and despised other activities so be careful about accusing one of fighting for all sides as I invested numerous hours in fighting for a nation that is constantly a huge task in potbs.

• Like 3