Game-Labs Forum

graphics card requirements

@Lyn

I just checked your GPU and by the looks of it you wont be able to run Naval Action reliably.

Your CPU is outdated as well and will struggle a lot with the requirements.

From what Ive seen your Laptop is pretty old by technical standarts.

Since potbs is very old you cannot compare this game to NavalAction at all. (other than the game's setting)

haha thought so i kinda doubted sence this pos couldent run archeage at all ehh its held me over fer about 2.5 years dispite a few factory resets mixed in there but thanks for the early warning but could it run it it would a upgrade be needed to run it?

I was thinking in buy the Nividia GTX 860 but i will save money if with the GTX 760 i can see the game in max resolution

erm there is no 800 seires GPU for desktop only mobile version. Do you mean 960? because those wont be out till next year. If you want to save up for a good GPU save up to buy a 970

Question then for the current testers, what would you assess as the minimum playable fps? I am interested because in other online games I play I find anything above about 30 playable and anything above 50 I can't tell the difference. But it does seem to vary from game to game.

from 30 to 50 there is a huge difference. try this, go play a FPS and play it on 30hz for about 5min, then in the same manner of game play turn it up to 50 or the max that your monitor will go. you will notice in the 30hz compared to the 50hz. going to 50 you will notice less studdering, higher refreshrate of frame loading, and it will be a lot smoother.

The game's minimu playability.. Its not a question wich is simple answered in fix numbers.

Check out how much frames your monitor produces per second. Still most common is 60Hz.

That means you should set your options that your game produces 60FPS.

It prevents your monitor to show you multiple frames. And altho you "should not" see the difference with all over 30FPS you clearly do.

The reason is motion blur wich is not simulated by any game on the market.

Low FPS make me sick. I cant stand the gitter that appears on the screen. Once I had a good gaming rig I never wanted to go back.

Strangely enough there are people who say "more is better" even out of the monitor's actual possibilities.(means they can see a difference)

As said I always look to have FPS around and over 60. NavalAction runs at 60-75FPS on my computer. With presets on "high".

Its the 2nd highest you can go.

If I set "ultimate" I come down to 30-40FPS. Wich I dont want.

Dont ask about the game's playability.

Don't mean to sound rude, I do not understand what you are saying, is it in the sense that we are not allowed to ask how "playable" this game is? The reason I say this is because if some of the people, including me, paid to play this game, so it would not be fair if a question of playbilty was arsied. Since if I bought this game and really do not have a estimante of what hardware I need or the knoweldge of the FPS I will be expecting then I feel cheaped out. Just due to the fact that I could not aquire the hardware I needed to play this game, and incase I do not have the hardware could buy this game a bit later until I have a playable computer. I have no intentions of being rude rather looking for clarification.

If it is true what you said then I do feel cheaped out. I then would say other companies will show/tell about what is expected before an Alpha/full release of the product, such as computer specs, how this game varies from others, and what the purpose to said game, inorder to gain a higher interest and convice people to buy said game,in which you have already accomplish by one this forum as well youtube channel. So to say "Don't ask about the game's playability" is in the same sense of saying, "The Asterion LPI 910-4 is the best on the market, Though you cannot inquire further question about the specifications of our new sports car." (Mean wile they have specs as well actual test drive videos). Understand where I am comming from it makes no sense to say it is good or inquire the product to be good with out giving some information about the product.

So yes if a person is going to spend $40 USD they might want to know what they are investing in, and for good PR you might want to say here is a taste but you must wait rather then "(Slavic acent)NO ONE WILL ASK QUESTION OF GAME IT IS GOOD!"

I think you totally unlinked my answer.

Question then for the current testers, what would you assess as the minimum playable fps?

Thats the question I gave my cents to.

And I stand by my saying.

If you wanted to know the minimum settings to actually launch and play Naval Action I can not provide facts/numbers.

All I can tell you is my personal experience.

To be on the save side I may say that any i5 with 4-8GB RAM will run the game perfectly fine. "Lower" end or older or AMD CPUS will run the game well.

Grafics wise there is a big questionmark. I know NVIDIAs 660 ti runs the game at good FPS and resolution/quality.

Whats the minimum requirement? devs said you need a directX11 capable card. No more spezifications made.

[my rig: i53570k@4.4GHz, MSI7950oc, stock clk. 8GB RAM1600(@1866clocked)]

I dont know if I am allowed to provide figures of my testing experience. Hence I dont want to risk making them public

I think you totally unlinked my answer.

Thats the question I gave my cents to.

And I stand by my saying.

If you wanted to know the minimum settings to actually launch and play Naval Action I can not provide facts/numbers.

All I can tell you is my personal experience.

To be on the save side I may say that any i5 with 4-8GB RAM will run the game perfectly fine. "Lower" end or older or AMD CPUS will run the game well.

Grafics wise there is a big questionmark. I know NVIDIAs 660 ti runs the game at good FPS and resolution/quality.

Whats the minimum requirement? devs said you need a directX11 capable card. No more spezifications made.

[my rig: i53570k@4.4GHz, MSI7950oc, stock clk. 8GB RAM1600(@1866clocked)]

I dont know if I am allowed to provide figures of my testing experience. Hence I dont want to risk making them public

Ok I think there is a language barrier here. That is fine, then yes I do get where you are at so I am fine to make my claim. Though please be aware in the future about the comments I hinted to. You will run into a nightmare of PR and confusion by saying stuff "Dont ask about the games playbility" when the game is up to buy and there is already some avaible information around. Also it would help either myself or you to improve these language barriers for future conversation so that there is no miscommunication. Dont intented to sound rude or mad about anything just seeking for proper clarification and conversation to understand what you are trying to get at as well future individuals.

That being said, I think you are misunderstanding the content of what we are asking. the question "Question then for the current testers, what would you assess as the minimum playable fps?" he wants a summary of what to expect or get a basic idea to know what the individual needs. It is a broad question allowing for a broad awnser to be allowed. He is not asking any specific number he just wants a ball park figure to look at. Also to awnser a question about what to expect for ball park figures of a game, that mind you, you already have specs, gameplay, and conversation taking place between the devs to understand what to expect. It is highly improper to say "Dont ask about the game's playability." when you could of said, "That is a good question and to awnser it I would say between X and Y" (Which infact you already gave). Since people paid $40 USD and have not recieved a actually activation code it would be nice to have some sense of good PR to keep the buyers happy...

Since My itroducing sentence is making me an agry bird I edited it.

But the content still stays the same.

Its everyones own opinion and decision if he wants to play at 30 or at 60+ FPS.

My own experience is made clear in the last few posts.

Finally it all comes down to the person playing. s 30-60 enough or are you a FPS junky who wants the most ouf if it?

• 2 weeks later...

I am by no means very computer savy so forgive me when i ask this question.  Is the game programed in DX11?  Is this why is will not run on DX10?  I currently travel alot so my computer for gaming is a laptop with NIVIDIA 9600.  I have been trying to find an upgrade but have not had any luck.  I play War Thunder and WOT on this system just not at full settings just fine.  Is there a way around this or will i have to buy a new computer to play this game? :( :(   Would it be that hard to make it playable on less updated systems?  Once again appoligies if I am missing the obvious.

I have NVidia gtx460. I think it has dx 11.  I know my computer does, but I guess that is different than graphics card having it?  can anyone tell me if gtx460 is capable of running the game?  I'm thinking that it isn't, because I get nothing but blue background with boxes and text when I run the alpha.  I don't suppose it is possible for me to download the necessary version of dx11 instead of having to buy an entire new graphics card?  I know I need to upgrade, just don't have the funds.  I wish I had read the fine print in system requirements before shelling out my pre-purchase money....

I have NVidia gtx460. I think it has dx 11.  I know my computer does, but I guess that is different than graphics card having it?  can anyone tell me if gtx460 is capable of running the game?  I'm thinking that it isn't, because I get nothing but blue background with boxes and text when I run the alpha.  I don't suppose it is possible for me to download the necessary version of dx11 instead of having to buy an entire new graphics card?  I know I need to upgrade, just don't have the funds.  I wish I had read the fine print in system requirements before shelling out my pre-purchase money....

The 460 definitely supports DX11, so thats not your problem. I believe the 400 series, along with the amd 5000 series which I have, were the first set of gpu's to support it. I might be mistaken though.

If it did not support DX11, however, you would not just be able to download it. DirectX allows your game to communicate with your GPU in order to draw stuff on your screen. However if the hardware inside your GPU only knows how to receive commands in DX10 or below and your game only knows how to send commands in DX11, the GPU is not able to understand the game. The only way to fix that is to upgrade the hardware, and you cant download hardware.