Game-Labs Forum

Please Stop PB Log camping before it starts

I'm not a PB fanatic, so my opinion is fairly empty and worthless.  But isn't a PB set to be fair? 25vs25, so relatively equal between the attackers and defenders?  Not to mention the cannon towers or whatnot?  So the screening fleets, while I'm sure they're fun, kind of prevent the port battle from actually happening.  

Again, I'm not a port battle person personally, but those are just my questions on it.

• Like 2

Some suggestions based on what I have read so far.

Increase PB Join timer to 2 mins for both attacker and defender. This will also allow for defenders to also be tagged by screeners of attacking nation [why should all the benefits be for defenders].

Cooldown when sunk/surrender. You cannot leave port for 5 mins after you are sunk or surrender. This stops the defender Yolo, respawn, repeat problem.

I still think the best solution (for logout before port battle) is to restrict it to logging out outside the region/county. If it is RED county you are in, you have to sail outside it.

Edited by lokii

I'm not a PB fanatic, so my opinion is fairly empty and worthless.  But isn't a PB set to be fair? 25vs25, so relatively equal between the attackers and defenders?  Not to mention the cannon towers or whatnot?  So the screening fleets, while I'm sure they're fun, kind of prevent the port battle from actually happening.  

Again, I'm not a port battle person personally, but those are just my questions on it.

Actually, as someone who's not a PB fanatic, your opinion matters more than you think. Screening is the big opportunity for the nation's captains at large to participate in port battles, rather than just the best twenty-five players. As a screener, any ship you bring can be useful, any skill level can contribute, and while your odds aren't good for surviving a broadside from a ship of the line, even your lowly Snow can be a tremendous help by keeping that ship of the line tagged into the screening battle. Or that junk brig of yours can be fireship fitted and glory in the flames.

With their allies, the Danes, or any small faction, can easily get their twenty-five first rates to the battle behind a screen of French, Spanish, and Swedish ships. We saw a port battle in Brazil screened effectively by every coalition member except the Danes, which defeated a very large Anglo-Dutch screening force AND the 1st rate fleet. These were great opportunities for us to get on Nation chat, call for all-hands, bring new captains into the teamspeak, and have them participate in something amazing.

But if a 25v25 fight of Bronze-age "champion combat" is where the devs take us, we'll see Achilles and Hector have their duel while the great masses of players have nothing to do. And that's sort of where we are now; screening is a bitter joke and people are losing interest in Realm v Realm because it appears to be focused on exploits and elites.

• Like 2

Not sure if this has been preposed or what - 

Issue is battle logging, players are logging out and in areas to skip screnes as back in my QA testing for games companies I came across some simular issues when it came to PvP in MMO style games so for this game I have an idea that should easily work.

Solution I prepose as a mechanic - Players have to leave from a friendly or neutral port using a "conquest" buff simular to the "Smuggler" one, this enables that player to enter a port battle however this flagging system is turnbed off should that player log out of the game at any given point.

Meaning players have to travel to the port battle from an Allied/Friendly or Free port with the "conquest" falgged on them, I find this a good solution and one that could be done I am sure.

Let me know what you think. ^^

( EDIT :- Yeah there might be more mechanics that need to be changed in reguard to this idea but this is one simple solution to one of many mechanics that might need adjusting for it to work I get that. Maybe I should create a more detailed mechanic preposal post.)

From Salzi - NEKO King and lord of Pickles.

Edited by Salzi
  • Like 3