Game-Labs Forum

Different sea states

If there's one thing this game really needs atm then it's differing sea states between instances, as sailing around in the same moderate sea everytime gets pretty annoying and dull in the end.

I'd suggest at least 4 different sea states to be randomly generated for instances, such as:

1. Calm (No waves, just ripples)

2. Moderate (1.5 to 2 m waves)

3. Rough (2 to 4 m waves)

4. High (Storm, 6 to 9 m waves)

Would add a lot to the immersion and fun of the game.

• Like 6

Agreed. Would be nice if this would come with a different wind system. (http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/16583-idea-for-new-wind-system/). Atm this is too much of a routine and too predictable. 
I would really love to see a system where there is a change these conditions change during the battle. This way when you are losing you can always hope for the wind/sea state to change. And when you are winning you always have a fear the wind/sea state change. Instead of knowing what will happen.

Great idea!

• Like 1

Can you imagine all the backlash though? As much as carebears already complain about having to sail 5 whole minutes just think of the rage if during that 5 minutes thier free cutters sails tore or took on water.

The ocean would get 10 feet deeper with fresh tear water.

• Like 1

If there's one thing this game really needs atm then it's differing sea states between instances, as sailing around in the same moderate sea everytime gets pretty annoying and dull in the end.

I'd suggest at least 4 different sea states to be randomly generated for instances, such as:

1. Calm (No waves, just ripples)

2. Moderate (1.5 to 2 m waves)

3. Rough (2 to 4 m waves)

4. High (Storm, 6 to 9 m waves)

Would add a lot to the immersion and fun of the game.

if they added this id prob be looking for the high waves just to sail in them LOL support however i think the storm waves in the carib atleast should go up to atleast 20 foot depending on what the hurricanes put out i also think rough and high should be swaped around if the added the bering sea should bump that up to 40 foot+ for that area