Game-Labs Forum

stuck in port

airwolf666

Ok, im lost and confused, which for those of you that know me, is not a far stretch from reality, but, i am just that, stuck in a port.

I am a US player and traveled to port royal in my trader lynx looking for goodies. So, I added my smuggler flag and off i went. Once i arrived, i noticed a ship i wanted to purchase, so, it informed me that to do so, i needed to sell my current ship so that i can purchase the new one, done. Afterwards,  i equipped it with cannons, mods and repair kits then off i go to teleport back to charleston. WRONG!!!! Now, it won't let me leave port and says that i am unable to leave an enemy port with a warship. Really? If that was the case, they, the DEV's should have coded it so that I would not be able to purchase a ship, but they didn't, and now, I am stuck in this port.

No, i am not going to sell my ship back that i paid 5.5 mil for for 125k. I have emailed the DEV;s as well as sent F-11 about every 3-6 hours for the past 2 hours asking for help getting my ship moved with no response, not even a kiss off reply. is this because the US and GB are not currently allied, and do i have to with till we vote to become allied again or am i going to just be stuck sitting in the port forever since i am NOT going to just throw 5.5 mil on a glitch. 

Like I said, if i had known that i would be stuck here, i would not of paid for this ship, but more so is the fact that i was allowed to buy it and wasn't informed differently till afterwards. I am not asking for something for nothing, I just want me, AND my new ship either able to leave port or have one of the DEV move it and me to another of my ports. 

If someone knows of another way to get me and my ship out, please, im all ears. its not like i have anything else to do but sit and wait.

thanks,

Airwolf666

Sell the cannon, put it back up for sale for 5M gold and grab a basic cutter.

thanks, but i am not going to do that, they need to fix it so that if we are not able to leave port with a new ship, then we should not be allowed to purchase it. guess ill just have to pvp 2 until they get off their butt and fix this, or most likelyl, ill just not play till its fixed and i can leave port. but thanks elric

Edited by airwolf666

If both nations are allies you can enter and exit their port at will.

Smuggler signals you as a "outlaw" therefore no exit the port in a warship.

No idea if both nations are allied. Can you turn off the smuggler checkbox if that's the case of being allies ?

If both nations are allies you can enter and exit their port at will.

Smuggler signals you as a "outlaw" therefore no exit the port in a warship.

No idea if both nations are allied. Can you turn off the smuggler checkbox if that's the case of being allies ?

no, you are not able to turn off the smuggler flag until you are in a  free port or one of yours, as far as being allied, im hoping that is true so i guess ill have to just sit and wait until the su and gb are allied again since it looks like the dev's are not going to do anything. thanks

Hey Airwolf, it's past midnight for most of the developers when you posted it, it's now 3 in the morning there.  You're frustrated, which is fine.  But don't you think it's a little unfair of you to accuse the developers of not doing anything after you posted something up in... 2 hours?

Wait until morning.  See what is said.  Relax.

• Like 1

Hey Airwolf, it's past midnight for most of the developers when you posted it, it's now 3 in the morning there.  You're frustrated, which is fine.  But don't you think it's a little unfair of you to accuse the developers of not doing anything after you posted something up in... 2 hours?

Wait until morning.  See what is said.  Relax.

maybe, but its already been over 28 hours, so unless they decided to sleep in another whole day, i dont think so!

How does one get 5.5 mil and not know the enemy port mechanics for buying ships?

And who pays that much for a ship even if it's a first rate?  I swear you nationals drive prices way to high over cost to make.

the first part is simple, when you are not allowed to buy or do something, they usually make it so you cant buy or do it with a warning

as for the second part, money is nothing when you have worked hard and saved, traded and done missions, i have over 50 mil, so 5 mil is nothing, as in most of this game, gold means nothing more than the ability to buy what you want, when you want. 

finally, its called, supply and demand, regardless what rate a ship is or mod, its what the market will  hold, but since you are just a lonely LT< maybe in time, when you have played this game awhile and rank up, you will find this out.

and have a nice day

buy a traders ship, put the ship you bought into your fleet sail out to the nearest freeport and sort it their

you are not able to add it too a fleet in a non national or free port, you are only allowed 1 ship, but thanks

Sell the cannon, put it back up for sale for 5M gold and grab a basic cutter.

Sounds like a very reasonable 'work around'  I've often found putting a high price 'sell contract' on an excess load of Resources, or on a "one-to-many" ship in order to hold it until I return a useful device.  

Would he then be able to return to the port, after US and Britain settle their spat and are once again official friends, and buy back his own ship at that price and sailing it away, thus getting his investment out, and satisfying the coding condition?

And, Ink:  Excellent point.  "The Duty to Warn" usually trumps any illusion that one should be prevented from making an expensive mistake.  

As a Early Access player, I consider my bottom line role as finding little 'features' like this ... and reporting them to the Devs so that they can add them to their "to do list." So, this would be an educational experience for me ... as I expect it has been for others who would prefer to learn from other's experience, rather than from their own.

~ HK~

Edited by HardyKnox

Very simple: Let someone from the nation owning the port help you....

put the ship on the market so he can take over.

Than meet again in a free port and reverse the trade.

Or even GIVE the ship to someone, get them to sail it out to a common port and GIVE it back...

BTW I'm totally trustworthy ;)

the first part is simple, when you are not allowed to buy or do something, they usually make it so you cant buy or do it with a warning

as for the second part, money is nothing when you have worked hard and saved, traded and done missions, i have over 50 mil, so 5 mil is nothing, as in most of this game, gold means nothing more than the ability to buy what you want, when you want. 

finally, its called, supply and demand, regardless what rate a ship is or mod, its what the market will  hold, but since you are just a lonely LT< maybe in time, when you have played this game awhile and rank up, you will find this out.

and have a nice day

you are not able to add it too a fleet in a non national or free port, you are only allowed 1 ship, but thanks

I'm a Curse so I think I'm pretty well ranked up.  Though unlike you I actually PVP and I know the mechanics of ports that aren't my Nations.   Something you apparently haven't learned in all that PvE grinding and making money you have.  Maybe if you get out there and sink a few times you wouldn't have so much saved up.   Again as the DEV's just posted there is a very big warning that you can't leave with combat ships in a port that is not of your Nation.

As some one that actually plays all features of the game (I'm almost maxed out on crafting) and have played both National and Pirate this is a mechanic that most of us find out very early in the game after loosing a port in a battles with others.   Next time read more carefully and maybe stop playing on PvE and  come play with the big boys....you know actually loose some ports and have fun.  Maybe even get a few ships sunk or sink some.

Or even GIVE the ship to someone, get them to sail it out to a common port and GIVE it back...

BTW I'm totally trustworthy ;)

can't trade ships unless you have an outpost in that port.

Got a workaround for you.... , put the brand new ship (sell cannons first)  in FLEET . Buy a trader-whatever and go out the harbor (remenber tagging the fleet to go wioth you. Enjoy freedom

Just tested this solution.  

Bought a warship and a trader in a Free Town where I had an OP .

Was able to add the warship to Fleet, sail the trader to a nearby Pirate owned port as US Smuggler with the warship in fleet.

Was able to sail out of the Pirate port with the warship in tow.

To truly test your situation, I tried to purchase a new ship in the non-OP enemy port, but it would not let me buy one in non-OP port until I got rid of the Traders Cutter I was in.  So, I tried removing the warship from fleet into the docks, to test buying a Trader and adding the warship back to the fleet.

No go, as "can only take ships in ports where you have an OP".

Would not let me drop the warship at non-Op dock.

Next, while still in non-OP enemy port, sold both the warship and the trader I'd brought there.

Leaving me with zero ships.

Bought a Lynx warship.  Added it to fleet.

Still not owning a second ship.

Bought a Trader Lynx, checked to make sure my Lynx warship was still in fleet and crewed.

Sailed them both out non-OP enemy harbor.  

Of course, to add the "new acquisition" warship to fleet, you'd need to remove all mods and weapons.

If you added perm mods you can't remove, could be a bar.

~ HK ~

~ HK ~

Edited by HardyKnox
  • Like 1

I just did that. I bought a warship in an enemy, non-free town, added it to fleet.

At time, that was the only ship I owned.

Then bought a local trader, made sure both trader and warship crewed and the fleet ship free of upgrades and weapons and left the enemy non-OP port.

~ HK ~

Just tested this solution.  

Bought a warship and a trader in a Free Town where I had an OP .

Was able to add the warship to Fleet, sail the trader to a nearby Pirate owned port as US Smuggler with the warship in fleet.

Was able to sail out of the Pirate port with the warship in tow.

To truly test your situation, I tried to purchase a new ship in the non-OP enemy port, but it would not let me buy one in non-OP port until I got rid of the Traders Cutter I was in.  So, I tried removing the warship from fleet into the docks, to test buying a Trader and adding the warship back to the fleet.

No go, as "can only take ships in ports where you have an OP".

Would not let me drop the warship at non-Op dock.

Next, while still in non-OP enemy port, sold both the warship and the trader I'd brought there.

Leaving me with zero ships.

Bought a Lynx warship.  Added it to fleet.

Still not owning a second ship.

Bought a Trader Lynx, checked to make sure my Lynx warship was still in fleet and crewed.

Sailed them both out non-OP enemy harbor.  

Of course, to add the "new acquisition" warship to fleet, you'd need to remove all mods and weapons.

If you added perm mods you can't remove, could be a bar.

~ HK ~

~ HK ~

so, i need to strip the warship, add it to a fleet, then buy a trader, click the fleet ship and i should be able to leave port?