Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] August 28th 1716, General Court Martial of Komandør fox2run

Skully

General Court Martial Verdict  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Members of Council, what is your verdict in the matters on Komandør fox2run?

must be put on record that the pirate Skully was at 15 second, 15 second, from Christianstead heading E and i was waiting for a fellow captain to make a mission...

dear captains i see no gank here.

Where it not that the record shows I was attacked by genoveffo. :)

btw that explosion kill all the men in the surprise did you get the kill?

Nope, the moment your ship goes down you can't get anymore kills it seems. I think I'll need to file a bug. :D

First off I'd like to applaud Skully for a well-made joke. Very nice touch in both wording and lay-out.

Secondly I'd like to add to Twigs statement above that even though we captains of the sea, can't hang a fellow "officer" even though the evidence of high treason is both damaging to Fox2Runs good name and reputation, but also convincing enough to demand the harshest punishment allowed by the laws of the sea. I do hope that Fox2run considers why of all those who have bothered to vote on the topic 77% voted in favour of a public hanging. Reasons ofcourse doesn't matter to the dead, but as we unfortunately does not have the capacity to carry out said sentence we're forced to hope, and appeal to Fox2runs' good senses and pray he sees the errors of his evil ways or forever joins the unholy brotherhood of pirates.

Thirdly, and it's only a minor detail, to my knowledge the prize for fox2run to join said unholy brotherhood of pirates, have now risen to 47 millions.. I myself believe I've donated 3 millions to the noble cause of purging the Danish-Norwegian nation of a dishonorable officer of ungentlemanlike conduct.

Regards Bearwall

Dear jury and fellow captains

Even though I do not recognize this mob-trial of yours, I will hereby put forward the defence in honor of cap. Skully!

Not many players have insight in the juridical system, it seems. How can the jury vote, when the defence hasnt even made a single statement? Its absurd. A theater based on gossip. How many of you guys have actually been in the combat-situations on my side? How many have been in the debate, where I actually defended the play-style of us - the non-TS community? How many of you have simply just casted a vote becourse TS-persons told you to do so, or just becourse of the fun of it? Many voters havent even seen me in the game. Think twice, dear jury, before you doze around with the influencal votes of yours like that. Every accusation made in this "case" its completely empty, taken out of a context, and just underlines the very thin ice, this free-rider Skully has based his trial upon. 

The defence will hereby make its statement. Please delete your votes, read this and THEN you can vote again.

First. With treachery, by admittedly attacking a French ally.

At the time (before the new alliance system) any enemy vessel where red and a viable target. I used that opportunity to make damage on these, enemy vessels. In this case you have to ask yourself who is making the treachery here. The ones who make deals AND FRIENDSHIP on TS speak with the ENEMIES and get so used to them that they want to prevent the rest of us to attack them - or - the captain who simply engage enemy tonnage when ever he sees fit. Any and all independent jury would put the leaders of the 3 clans: DANVE, RDNN and VIE to the rope! I have even seen players statements on how to support the enemy instead of our very own landsmen!

Second. With inattention to the progress of the enemy, with treachery, with incapacity as a Komandør respectively; by admittedly joining Port Battles with under-classed ships.

In that one case I had every right to join the PB. The PB was “The second battle for Macao”. In the “First battle of Macao” I joined in a Ingermannland. I took a duel with a Santissimad Trinidad and almost sunk the guy. He turned away and got rescued by 3 (THREE!) Santis that made life hard on me. Needless to say my odds where very low. At that time our team consisting of a mix of ships from different clans started to evade the enemy and rescue THEMSELVES and their ships.

My duel with those 3 Santis took about 10 minutes which saved enough time for the other players to ESCAPE and run away with their ships. Several Santis got away. I heard no criticism for my valour in combat nor my participation in battle with an underrated ship. In “The second battle of Macao” we had an overwhelming force outside the harbor and met NO OPPOSITION whatsoever. I joined the EMPTY PORT BATTLE in my 2ND rate ship of the line. Hence I had the rewards when the forts where destroyed. I took those as a compensation for my servere loss and heroism in the first battle.

Yet I met criticism unheard of for this. Any and all supreme commander would have honored my value in battle instead. Not all players sacrifice their ships so others may flee the battle (as cowards?).

‘Third. With neglect of duty, with disobedience respectively; by admittedly not following Orders in such Port Battles.

No such thing as disobedience is possible in a debate over how to approach a port battle. I have the RIGHT to join ANY port BATTLE without the use of TS. If I am gonna be guilty in this, then NO PLAYER WITHOUT TS would ever be allowed to join a port battle. That would rule out MOST of the community. TS is in no way A DEMAND to play NA!

Fourth. With general misconduct, with griefing respectively; by not showing the expected social behavior of a Danish officer.

This accusation is based on a single question where I ask how I – as a player -  can force others to join a port battle I paid for. Needless to even think of this claim as anything remotely serious.

Furthermore I can only say to you - that actually have fought on my side - to remember the many battles and situation where the enemy has been met with furious heroism and destructive power of my guns. Hundreds of ships and thousands of enemy seamen have found their watery grave when they have met me under the coulors of the danish nation! That being the swedes, brits, french, dutch, US, spains or pirates alltogether. To hang or excommunicate such a tactical destructive power to any ENEMY nation would be a servere mistake.

I have never made any suspecious contact or collaborated with enemy nations or players unlike the majority of the members of the 3 clans DANVE, RDNN and VIE which did not accept the common enemy status given to us by the creators of the law in which we fight under: THE MIGHTY DEVELOPERS OF THIS game. Given these circumstances the defence can only underline the importance that those 3 clans cowardly and suspecious contact with the enemy in the mist of war will be subject for further inquiries in the future. Needless to say that they will do anything to prevent such a step... I can only challenge forward a plea for this court to remove the members of those clans from the jury as they are not independent whatsoever.

By the defence of Supreme Commander of VGK 

fox2run

Edited by fox2run
  • Like 2

May I remind the Komandør that he has no right to appeal or question the proceedings.

However I'll allow the proceedings to hold his statements, and give every Captain a chance to interrogate the accused in a manner of his or her own preference. :)

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/courts-martial-desertion-british-army-17th-20th-centuries/

Actualy you just proved to me in every! single! point! that it was right to vote to hang you up.

I will wrote in red and caps : LIKE THIS so that it is better readable and better allocatable.

Dear jury and fellow captains

Even though I do not recognize this mob-trial of yours, I will hereby put forward the defence in honor of cap. Skully!

Not many players have insight in the juridical system, it seems. How can the jury vote, when the defence hasnt even made a single statement? Its absurd. A theater based on gossip. How many of you guys have actually been in the combat-situations on my side? How many have been in the debate, where I actually defended the play-style of us - the non-TS community? How many of you have simply just casted a vote becourse TS-persons told you to do so, or just becourse of the fun of it? Many voters havent even seen me in the game. Think twice, dear jury, before you doze around with the influencal votes of yours like that. Every accusation made in this "case" its completely empty, taken out of a context, and just underlines the very thin ice, this free-rider Skully has based his trial upon. 

TRUE! I NEVER FOUGHT ALONGSIDE YOU, BUT WE ALREADY DISCUSSED ABOUT IT AND FROM THAT I DECIDED THAT MY VOTE IS RIGHT AND LEGIT!

The defence will hereby make its statement. Please delete your votes, read this and THEN you can vote again.

First. With treachery, by admittedly attacking a French ally.

At the time (before the new alliance system) any enemy vessel where red and a viable target. I used that opportunity to make damage on these, enemy vessels. In this case you have to ask yourself who is making the treachery here. The ones who make deals AND FRIENDSHIP on TS speak with the ENEMIES and get so used to them that they want to prevent the rest of us to attack them - or - the captain who simply engage enemy tonnage when ever he sees fit. Any and all independent jury would put the leaders of the 3 clans: DANVE, RDNN and VIE to the rope! I have even seen players statements on how to support the enemy instead of our very own landsmen!

I ALSO SEE YOUR POINT HERE, BUT STILL, JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN (!) YOU SHOUDN'T DO EVERYTHING - THIS GAME IS/WAS ABOUT FREEDOM LIKE ALMOST ANY SANDBOX GAME. YET, EVEN THOUGH YOU CAN SHOOT YOUR MOTHER IT ISNT RIGHT TO DO SO - SAME PRINZIP HERE!

(YOU COULD ALSO ATTACK A FRIEND - STILL YOU WOUDN'T CAUSE YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN MOVED TO PIRATE. BUT YOU WERE ABLE TO!)

Second. With inattention to the progress of the enemy, with treachery, with incapacity as a Komandør respectively; by admittedly joining Port Battles with under-classed ships.

In that one case I had every right to join the PB. The PB was “The second battle for Macao”. In the “First battle of Macao” I joined in a Ingermannland. I took a duel with a Santissimad Trinidad and almost sunk the guy. He turned away and got rescued by 3 (THREE!) Santis that made life hard on me. Needless to say my odds where very low. At that time our team consisting of a mix of ships from different clans started to evade the enemy and rescue THEMSELVES and their ships.

I THINK, YOU FOOL YOURSELF HERE. IF THE SANTI REALLY WANTED TO SINK YA, SHE ONLY NEEDS 2 UP TO 3 BROADSIDES TO HIT YOU. THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN TOOK A "DUEL" WITH HER. MOSTLY IN THOSE BATTLES, THE SMALL SHIPS ARE GETTIN IGNORED FROM THE BIG ONES CAUSE THEY NEED TO TAKE THE DMG OUT FIRST (SO THE OTHER BIG SHIPS)

My duel with those 3 Santis took about 10 minutes which saved enough time for the other players to ESCAPE and run away with their ships. Several Santis got away. I heard no criticism for my valour in combat nor my participation in battle with an underrated ship. In “The second battle of Macao” we had an overwhelming force outside the harbor and met NO OPPOSITION whatsoever. I joined the EMPTY PORT BATTLE in my 2ND rate ship of the line. Hence I had the rewards when the forts where destroyed. I took those as a compensation for my servere loss and heroism in the first battle.

Yet I met criticism unheard of for this. Any and all supreme commander would have honored my value in battle instead. Not all players sacrifice their ships so others may flee the battle (as cowards?).

IF YOU FIGHT AN ENEMY YOU WONT GO TO ANY PORTBATTLE - OR OPEN THE BATTLE AND JOIN LATER ON TO SEE HOW THE ENEMY MIGHT REACT. THIS IS A COMMON TACTIC USED. SO BY JOINING THE "EMPTY" BATTLE - WHICH SEEMS LIKE IT WAS LEFT EMPTY TO RETURN LATER ON, OF CURSE THEY ARE PISSED IF SOMEONE UNKNOWN IS IN THEIR PB.

‘Third. With neglect of duty, with disobedience respectively; by admittedly not following Orders in such Port Battles.

No such thing as disobedience is possible in a debate over how to approach a port battle. I have the RIGHT to join ANY port BATTLE without the use of TS. If I am gonna be guilty in this, then NO PLAYER WITHOUT TS would ever be allowed to join a port battle. That would rule out MOST of the community. TS is in no way A DEMAND to play NA!

WHICH RIGHT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN, YOU DONT GOT THE RIGHT. THIS DECISION IS NOT MADE BY YOU, IT IS THE DECISION OF THOSE WHICH PAID FOR THE BATTLE. AS I ALREADY TOLD YOU, PAY FOR YOUR OWN BATTLES OR ASK BUT DONT JOIN THEM BECAUSE IT IS POSSIBLE. AGAIN: YOU CAN SHOOT YOUR MOTHER BECAUSE YOU CAN.

Fourth. With general misconduct, with griefing respectively; by not showing the expected social behavior of a Danish officer.

This accusation is based on a single question where I ask how I – as a player -  can force others to join a port battle I paid for. Needless to even think of this claim as anything remotely serious.

SIMPLY BULLSHIT, YOU TRY TO TURN ALL ARGUMENTS TO FIT YOU BUT THAT DOESNT MAKE THEM VALUABLE. YOU CAN NOT FORCE ANYONE TO JOIN A BATTLE BUT YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO EXPECT THAT IF YOU PAY FOR A BATTLE, YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS CAN DO THAT BATTLE. YOU ONLY THINK ABOUT YOURSELF AND TOTALY IGNORE YOUR NATION AND WHAT THEY WANT. YOU TALK ABOUT BENEFITS FOR YOUR COMMUNITY WHEN YOU DO ACTUALLY EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO OFFEND THEM. STOP THIS SELFFISH SHIT! PLAY WITH YOUR NATION AND NOT AGAINST THEM! CAUSE THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW.

Furthermore I can only say to you - that actually have fought on my side - to remember the many battles and situation where the enemy has been met with furious heroism and destructive power of my guns. Hundreds of ships and thousands of enemy seamen have found their watery grave when they have met me under the coulors of the danish nation! That being the swedes, brits, french, dutch, US, spains or pirates alltogether. To hang or excommunicate such a tactical destructive power to any ENEMY nation would be a servere mistake.

I have never made any suspecious contact or collaborated with enemy nations or players unlike the majority of the members of the 3 clans DANVE, RDNN and VIE which did not accept the common enemy status given to us by the creators of the law in which we fight under: THE MIGHTY DEVELOPERS OF THIS game. Given these circumstances the defence can only underline the importance that those 3 clans cowardly and suspecious contact with the enemy in the mist of war will be subject for further inquiries in the future. Needless to say that they will do anything to prevent such a step... I can only challenge forward a plea for this court to remove the members of those clans from the jury as they are not independent whatsoever.

AS SAID ABOVE, YOU MADE IT EVEN WORSE THAT TO COLLABORATE WITH AN ENEMY.

By the defence of Supreme Commander of VGK 

fox2run

I have nothing more to say to this joke.

Twig

Edited by Twig
  • Like 2

I would like to ask Konteramiral Twig to cage his emotions. The Facts presented stand by themselves and need no further amplification.

I'm not near at the moment, or I would have offered you the pleasure of some Rum and Food to calm the nerves.

While the statements of Konteramiral Twig do not contain any further questions towards the accused, I'll let it stand in the proceedings as a reminder to every Member to show constraint.

I would like to ask Konteramiral Twig to cage his emotions. The Facts presented stand by themselves and need no further amplification.

I'm not near at the moment, or I would have offered you the pleasure of some Rum and Food to calm the nerves.

While the statements of Konteramiral Twig do not contain any further questions towards the accused, I'll let it stand in the proceedings as a reminder to every Member to show constraint.

But I am calm - I just used caps so it you can read it better :unsure:

Edit: Caps might be wrong in this place, the collor says it all - my bad -_-

Edited by Twig
  • Like 1

But I am calm - I just used caps so it you can read it better :unsure:

Edit: Caps might be wrong in this place, the collor sais it all -_-

:) It's not just the caps and the colors, but also the wording.

:) It's not just the caps and the colors, but also the wording.

hm you mean the signal words: "Bullshit" and "joke"?

I dont think they are wrong in that place - the wording is fine as it is. I used the last sentence cause I've already tried to explain everything to him.

And I wont do that anymore. Enough is sometimes enough <_<

I know that "joke" might be misunderstanded. The "joke" applies to the whole discussion. Not to the person!

Edit: the sample with "shoot your mother" is just a sample to explain my point.

Edited by Twig

I would, alongside Hethwell, like to know if there are any Captains that could make testimony to the accused lack of skill. The accused has presented a testimony that shows his prowess in combat. Can this be confirmed or denied? Is there any evidence of cowardice or incompetence in the fights he attended? If so, Captains, please step up.

At this point, I would find the accused guilty in all points but, "with incapacity as a Komandør respectively". The poll should reflect the different charges as separate points to vote on imo.

The charges, in all but one, can be summed up by saying that fox2run refuses to be a team player. What defense does Fox2run give of his general disrespect to the Danish goals as a collective.

And to the.. ahemm... "honorable" Pirate envoy of the Free Empire...

Am I meant, as a United States officer, to vote in a Danish court martial? I will abstain from the current vote until this issue is cleared up.

Thomas Pain,

TF, Commanding

Currently at sea somewhere off the North Cuban coast.

• Like 1

I would, alongside Hethwell, like to know if there are any Captains that could make testimony to the accused lack of skill. The accused has presented a testimony that shows his prowess in combat. Can this be confirmed or denied? Is there any evidence of cowardice or incompetence in the fights he attended? If so, Captains, please step up.

At this point, I would find the accused guilty in all points but, "with incapacity as a Komandør respectively". The poll should reflect the different charges as separate points to vote on imo.

The charges, in all but one, can be summed up by saying that fox2run refuses to be a team player. What defense does Fox2run give of his general disrespect to the Danish goals as a collective.

Am I meant, as a United States officer, to vote in a Danish court martial? I will abstain from the current vote until this issue is cleared up.

Thomas Pain,

TF, Commanding

I Tenakha Kan of the French Navy can attest that I was Pursued relentlessly by the above mentionned accused while traveling in my racing Trader Cutter. Fox2run seemed oblivious of the sailing capabilities of his Surprise and followed me for about 10 minutes. While not technically a combat this can provide some hints as to the prowess of the accused

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 3

Thank you captain Tenakha. I am sure the courtroom appreciated the accurate description of short sightedness and obliviousness to elementary maritime and naval  action school teachings displayed by the accused.

• Like 2

Thomas Pain,

TF, Commanding

I should mention here that the ballot is unable to distinguish between Captains of different Nations. So at the moment all Captains are accepted into the Council as Members.

In future I'm hoping for more adequate scribes of clan "AI" to keep a better track and ensure only Captains of the same Nationality of the accused be able to enter a vote.

I Tenakha Kan of the French Navy can attest that I was Pursued relentlessly by the above mentionned accused while traveling in my racing Trader Cutter. Fox2run seemed oblivious of the sailing capabilities of his Surprise and followed me for about 10 minutes. While not technically a combat this can provide some hints as to the prowess of the accused

Its a completely different matter, Sir. Its personal. After I was helping your fellow countrymen versus a band of US-ships in a battle you kicked me out of the french forum using terms as "rogue" and something like that. Cpt. "Les Moines" (I think that is his name), can testify that. You, sir, is hard to distinguish from a shipworm in oversize! If I have the chance I will send whatever vessel you will be on down where it belongs. That is of course unless you draw back this whining testimony of yours and give me an excuse in front of the public. 

Edited by fox2run
  • Like 2

Its a completely different matter, Sir. Its personal. After I was helping your fellow countrymen versus a band of US-ships in a battle you kicked me out of the french forum using terms as "rogue" and something like that. Cpt. "Les Moines" (I think that is his name), can testify that. You, sir, is hard to distinguish from a shipworm in oversize! If I have the chance I will send whatever vessel you will be on down where it belongs. That is of course unless you draw back this whining testimony of yours and give me an excuse in front of the public.

Komandør fox2run, your conduct as an officer is already on trial here. Please refrain from impeaching yourself further.

Any Captain of your supposed stature is not to be drawn into scurrility of calling another officer "shipworm".

• Like 1

Komandør fox2run, your conduct as an officer is already on trial here. Please refrain from impeaching yourself further.

Any Captain of your supposed stature is not to be drawn into scurrility of calling another officer "shipworm".

Sorry, sir. I think you missed my point. Let me therefore elaborate in front of this court. I was simply giving an introductury lesson in the hardship of distinction of species according to the laws of Darwin. Besides we are talking about the rare "optional shipworm" here. 

• Like 3

After much thought and after Skully's response I have chosen to vote.

A court should be filled with impartial juries and no one is more impartial than the many Captains that are being asked to pass judgment on charges heard for the first time.

• Like 1

After much thought and after Skully's response I have chosen to vote.

A court should be filled with impartial juries and no one is more impartial than the many Captains that are being asked to pass judgment on charges heard for the first time.

I am amazed by the outcome of your verdict. From now on anyone in the forums can be subject to a trail just to have opinions... And for the rest there is no shadow of any evidence whatsoever. No screenshots from battles. No reports. Nothing. Just different opinions on stuff. Well.- This is no game-forum. This is communism in its purest form. Im out.

Edited by fox2run
  • Like 1