Game-Labs Forum

[PvP2] - US Call For Unity

Cpt Blackthorne

in the coming patch rats attacking rats and nationals attacking nationals will be gone..

Also how are pirates OP they have the same ships, the same mods, the same cannons, the same perks (with pirate hunter/pirate being the only difference, and the nationals win that contest 10% faster reload vs 1 kt faster) they have the same wood types to build ships out of.

So far the only difference between the two has been the pirates has been this:

This is what the USA playerbase does on pvp2

http://i.imgur.com/mqDbhY6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HQB1d32.jpg

(11 USA players sitting outside charleston doing PVE in SOLs and trincs

While this is happening

http://i.imgur.com/OYtgdkD.jpg

You can nerf pirates all you want but you're never going to nerf the stupidity out of the USA players, rats could be capping ports in snows the USA turnout is so pathetically low

• Like 1

Again -- it is the PURE BROKENESS of the pirates. that faction is so freakin OP it aint funny. and its killing the game. Maybe that will change with the allegiance patch .. doubt it.

Beat a horse enough times, and it will lay down --- sad but that is what has happened to too many US players -- constant onslaught by 2+ nations, with no other nation contributing to counter it ... and eventually people get tired of being the punch-monkey. Coupled with the stupid crap Pirate v Pirate (get out of battle free card)...yeah .. almost made me go pirate -- but I still have my dignity. (bout all I have, lol)

Stop whining about our faction being OP. You need to look into a mirror to see what's wrong instead of pointing fingers at the faction pushing your stool in. When you guys lose ports it's not to pirates attacking pirates. I'd say that's a good trade off for having to constantly worry about what US fleets are floating around that some loser in a basic cutter can use to halt our flag. And these port battles you're crying about are in your favor. We've had nearly half the forces in some and still won because you guys don't have your crap together. You buy grey boats from the shop and hop into port battles without a care. You have 2+ nations against you cause you're still the biggest faction on the server. Not just population, but ports as well(at least until reset =)

• Like 1

I wonder what they will cry about when pirates v pirates is gone in the next update. Also just to set record straight there was nothing about the pirates game mechanics wise which you USA players like to whine about that made ppl switch. Pirate faction has no advantage over the nationals in terms of game mechanics apart from the rat v rat..although this is really  no diff than tagging another national trade ship like so many of you USA like to do outside of Ctown to avoid getting tagged.

it was a combination of the following:

1. Pirates have been more organized, better communication when the USA calls for a PB and you ask "when are we leaving" one guy will say 10 mins, another will say 15, and a third will say 20...when you hop on whatever group is taking the flag TS...they are talking about grabbing the flag...before ANY of those time frames are even remotely close to passing

2. When there's a PB in USA the sentiment is "oh its just the bahamas" or "oh its just the gulf" or "We will just take it back later with a zerg"  "we have the most ports so who cares" etc etc. When theres a PB with pirates there are random people in nat chat asking "Where do i need to go to help" "Whats the TS info so i can join you guys" it doesn't matter where the PB is on the map, there are people offering to sling ships and even pay for newer players to get outposts just so they can participate in the fight. People join a pvp server to pvp...the USA on pvp2 doesnt pvp..the UK does...the rats do..

3. Overall national attitude towards its own players, on the pirate side people are generally more helpful and laid back, they'll help you sling a ship or get you a mod/ship at a discount...while on USA multiple times asking for a quick sling got the response "Just go find a trader to cap noob" etc etc.

4. NPG---this one is self explanatory though, or it should be

There's a reason whole clans are turning to other nats/going rat/going to pvp1 and that all the other nations are lining up to fight the USA and its not because you have the most ports* (I meant had* you no longer do :rolleyes:) or that you bring the biggest fleets (only if you count the AI boats you bring) or show up to fight (you almost never do)

Not to say ALL usa players are bad, there are plenty I dont mind fighting, and enjoy fighting/get along just fine with, its just that those players are few and far between and there's a never ending stream it seems of players I thoroughly enjoy sending to the bottom

Edited by Sickerthansars
  • Like 1

Again -- it is the PURE BROKENESS of the pirates. that faction is so freakin OP it aint funny. and its killing the game. Maybe that will change with the allegiance patch .. doubt it.

Beat a horse enough times, and it will lay down --- sad but that is what has happened to too many US players -- constant onslaught by 2+ nations, with no other nation contributing to counter it ... and eventually people get tired of being the punch-monkey. Coupled with the stupid crap Pirate v Pirate (get out of battle free card)...yeah .. almost made me go pirate -- but I still have my dignity. (bout all I have, lol)

I really would like to know how the pirates are op and are in need of a nerf, where are these supporting facts?

Nationals have the added benefit of massive fleets that sail up or past almost every single port. I've never seen a pirate ai fleet(we don't have them) with 16 Santi and 9 pavels. I've seen plenty of them all over the east coast with players often keeping close when they know theres pirates afoot. Yet I don't hear any pirates calling for nerf the national ai fleets. I hope the devs never remove the ai fleets. Sounds like sooner or later thats all the opposition the pirates will have from the us on pvp2.

Blackthorne I commend this thread, and always appreciate when a player puts the effort out to bring their community together, it helps the server/game overall.....sadly and until its accepted by those within the US Nationality that there are those players and even a few clans who are more destructive than constructive for your side it will continue,and how they just spill out hatred on Global to other Nats ( I understand just good fun jabs, but a lot of it is down right pathetic, hence why so many despise the US )

I have had the pleasure of chatting with some of the US players who turned Pirate, ( and I really enjoyed fighting against them when they was US ) and it seems its the same story with all of them, they point to the destructive players and clans which also resulted in lack of organization.

Some months ago we as Pirates was in same boat as the US is in now, we even had those few who was like a cancer to the Pirate community, we was finally able to overcome the negativity of those players and the Nationals Bashing Pirates ( shoe is on other foot now ) but also was able to regroup as Pirates and make a focus in helping our side overall and actually start having fun and the result was not so much negativity anymore and having fun!!!

Hell I want the US to get it together, we have had some good fights, and lost some to, and its a blast....

• Like 1

Just wanted to address a couple things....

The reason you will find high level players in Charleston doing missions is because, that is how some of us make our money, and train and level the newer players. Some people sail for 2 hours moving resources to make money others kill NPC ships because you can loot upgrades and make just about as much money in the same time and train/recruit/level up newer players. And just because you snap a screenshot of some big ships at our capitol doesn't mean we spend all of our time up there.
Seems people who are not USA don't realize that we get a majority of the new players because on the USA server most new people will be joining their home country. So we have to spend more time helping the newer players out than other nations would. 

You guys say USA doesn't PVP but it isn't like we held the most ports for 4 months because we killed npcs to get them. Many of the ports were empty because people left them to go just like USA is now (the tides shift/ groups of players leave or change nations/conquest strategy changes to abandon regions etc.), but I can tell you from first hand experience that our nation has fought atleast 200 contested port battles even if just as many were undefended.

The Pirates are not OP and people need to get over this...

Black Clan is better than our clans divided and has proved it overall in many battles pvp wise. Not because we are unorganized or lacking strategy or because they have an advantage or we are handicapped. For most of our history there has been a lack of cooperation amongst the USA clans, because of lines drawn by clan tags that has kept us from concentrating our best players into one group under our best leaders. We've held the server so long that people have preferred to compete against each other rather than against our enemies because FRANKLY we havn't really had any that posed any real threat since the AUS clan left. We were able to overcome Great Brittain when they were the superpower without compromising on these circumstances because we had so many people. USA can no longer win without compromising under the current circumstance and is facing the same transitionary phase that GB had to when they had their capitol attacked. The same transitionary phase that the PIRATES went through when we seized all of their ports by their capitol and the USA will recover just fine as it passes through it's own inevitable Phase of transition.

Many of the perspectives of USA Nation seem to be unfavorably biased on the forums and if you've read this far you probably realized this already. Been playing this game for a while now and I can tell you that I've never seen more toxicity than with this NEW wave of pirate players who seemed to be portrayed on the forums as saviors of spain, the best mannered people, the most honorable engagers or just overall better people than USA players. Propoganda run rampant...typical pirate tactics effective on those seeking a simple explanation.

Edited by Nyurtle
  • Like 1

Just wanted to address a couple things....

The reason you will find high level players in Charleston doing missions is because, that is how some of us make our money, and train and level the newer players. Some people sail for 2 hours moving resources to make money others kill NPC ships because you can loot upgrades and make just about as much money in the same time and train/recruit/level up newer players. And just because you snap a screenshot of some big ships at our capitol doesn't mean we spend all of our time up there.

Seems people who are not USA don't realize that we get a majority of the new players because on the USA server most new people will be joining their home country. So we have to spend more time helping the newer players out than other nations would. 

You guys say USA doesn't PVP but it isn't like we held the most ports for 4 months because we killed npcs to get them. Many of the ports were empty because people left them to go just like USA is now (the tides shift/ groups of players leave or change nations/conquest strategy changes to abandon regions etc.), but I can tell you from first hand experience that our nation has fought atleast 200 contested port battles even if just as many were undefended.

The Pirates are not OP and people need to get over this...

Black Clan is better than our clans divided and has proved it overall in many battles pvp wise. Not because we are unorganized or lacking strategy or because they have an advantage or we are handicapped. For most of our history there has been a lack of cooperation amongst the USA clans, because of lines drawn by clan tags that has kept us from concentrating our best players into one group under our best leaders. We've held the server so long that people have preferred to compete against each other rather than against our enemies because FRANKLY we havn't really had any that posed any real threat since the AUS clan left. We were able to overcome Great Brittain when they were the superpower without compromising on these circumstances because we had so many people. USA can no longer win without compromising under the current circumstance and is facing the same transitionary phase that GB had to when they had their capitol attacked. The same transitionary phase that the PIRATES went through when we seized all but a few ports by their capitol and the USA will recover just fine as it passes through it's own inevitable Phase of transition.

Many of the perspectives of USA Nation seem to be unfavorably biased on the forums and if you've read this far you probably realized this already. Been playing this game for a while now and I can tell you that I've never seen more toxicity than with this NEW wave of pirate players who seemed to be portrayed on the forums as saviors of spain, the best mannered people, the most honorable engagers or just overall better people than USA players. Propoganda run rampant...typical pirate tactics effective on those seeking a simple explanation.

if you're running missions to make the majority of your income, you're doing it wrong. I also wouldnt call it propaganda when there are current USA players, who complain about the same things all the "turncoats" do daily in global. And no one is more toxic than NPG baron, Elmo, JP Johns,

Edited by Sickerthansars
  • Like 1

Toxic?  Have you seen the crap the US players say to us that left?  Those are some of the same crap we heard in US chat when we where still US players.  It's the US guys that are toxic.  I don't see any of us Pirates on here crying about being OP and such.  Oh wait look who made some of those threads?  Pretty much the same folks being rude in global too.

Toxic?  Have you seen the crap the US players say to us that left?  Those are some of the same crap we heard in US chat when we where still US players.  It's the US guys that are toxic.  I don't see any of us Pirates on here crying about being OP and such.  Oh wait look who made some of those threads?  Pretty much the same folks being rude in global too.

welp on this topic i can only give my own personal perspective. Yes I've seen Jp johns go off the richter but i don't think i've even seen elmo or baron talk (not saying it doesn't happen). But I have noticed a particular group routinely insulting people (MYSELF) maliciously in response to nothing. This group just so happens to be NEW pirates and new to my experience on our once respectful server.

I hadn't seen US players act as immaturely as they did while interacting with the US players that went pirate. while trying to be unbiased in my opinion of the cause of it, the only variable I can isolate would be the NEW USA names that became the NEW pirates. I'm not saying this is a good way to figure out who was at fault in the emotional disputes that occurred. But after seeing some of those same players in the pirate nation still choosing to engage US players in chat resulting in the same outcome I'd say the NEW pirate players are providing the foreign element that didn't exist in the months i've seen these players in USA interacting with each other in chat. Maybe we can mark it up as bad chemistry in their bickerings between each other. But I can't honestly think what i've done to be called names constantly any time i get into battle with some of these same people and others who arn't involved in the New Usa vs Old USA players drama. neways hope it's over soon my ignore list is growing to a point where I confuse who people are arguing with anymore because I don't see so many of the pirates messages.

welp on this topic i can only give my own personal perspective. Yes I've seen Jp johns go off the richter but i don't think i've even seen elmo or baron talk (not saying it doesn't happen). But I have noticed a particular group routinely insulting people (MYSELF) maliciously in response to nothing. This group just so happens to be NEW pirates and new to my experience on our once respectful server.

"once respectful server" UNKN leaving USA to go rat is just the latest in a long list of clans/players that have done so or those that left to to to pvp1. The funny thing is they all say the same things, whether they are new pirates who just left, or players who left a long time ago when you ask them Why they left the USA...Disorganized, unhelpful, and way too many toxic people like Jp johns who they just wanna sink on sight/ people being mean spirited to them as new USA players.

The fact that at a "meeting" on TS to try and coordinate some stuff  for taking ports etc the leader of the largest USA clan on the server flat out said to other USA clan leaders and I quote "Whatever you guys do we're going to do the opposite, if you go right we're going to go left" sums up everything that is wrong with the USA on pvp2 and why so many USA players are/have been deciding to jump ship and play with other people. 

• Like 1

The pirates can be beat. Check out the PVP1 map. They held 120-140 ports total at one point; the entire Bahamas, US Eastern Seaboard up to Charleston, north side of Hispaniola, part of Cuba, the entire Gulf, and Central America down to Panama. They were pushed back to three ports the other day. Sure, the pirates have an advantage, but they are not as bad as you make them out to be.

Edited by EricKilla

The pirates can be beat. Check out the PVP1 map. They held 120-140 ports total at one point; the entire Bahamas, US Eastern Seaboard up to Charleston, north side of Hispaniola, part of Cuba, the entire Gulf, and Central America down to Panama. They were pushed back to three ports the other day. Sure, the pirates have an advantage, but they are not as bad as you make them out to be.

the pirates dont have any advantage nationals dont have lol other than currently pirate can attack pirate (thats getting removed in next update) and doesnt affect the ability to cap ports or not anyway. Its also no diff than nationals tagging a foreign ai trader/fleet to avoid combat either which happens just as frequently as rats attacking rats..

So please stop already with this "pirates have an advantage/can be beaten" as if you have to overcome some sort of built in game mechanic that buffs them to a level above anything nationals can do

Edited by Sickerthansars

I think the US whiners could be on to something. I spend alot of time hunting in thier waters and all i see is rear admirals in basic cutters everywhere i look.

Rear and flag admirals only seem to be able to sail basic cutters. I probably see 9 or 10 every time i patrol so there must be a bug.

Hope they get it fixed soon cuz im sure real players would never sail cutters all day for no reason.

• Like 2