Game-Labs Forum

[PvP2] - US Call For Unity

Cpt Blackthorne

ALL CALL TO THE US NATION: Join the cause and liberate the US east coastline!

It has come to the attention of many PBers that the US is lacking untiy among the fleets (clans). I hear often the phrase "too many chiefs, not enough indians." I tend to disagree with this, but completely agree there is a lack of unity. If you watch this recent 1st rate PvP battle on the PvP1 server, you will see there were plenty of clans represented in the battle, yet all of them followed the commands of one caller. Well done PvP1 Brits.

Please watch this video and train your fleet members in this manner:

We have recently had meetings which included leaders from multiple fleets over this need for unity and have made nominations of generals / commander in chiefs and combat officers / callers. I am asking all fleet leaders if we are still in this agreement and that we have agreed to a joint TS server.

The general consensus was appointing Minnow and [FEAR]oldcrankyman as our generals in charge of general map strategy. Their objective is to suggest ports that we need OPs in. They'd also appoint combat callers for our PvP and PB engagements. Current suggestions for combat callers are [WATCH]Nyurtle and [uSCCG]WH Knight; others have been suggested also; contact Minnow or oldcrankyman if interested.

It is imperative that not only do we have unity among the fleets, but also that we have a supply chain of ships needed for our Rear Admirals and Commodores. We need a list of level 49 and 50 crafters who will commit to building 1st rates, not just for their own clan, or to horde them in their shipyards, but to supply our PvPers and PBers.

So what is needed of you, the respected US sailor?

• Always keep an OP in Charleston.
  • Always keep one OP free to set up in location selected by our generals.
  • In these suggested OPs, always have on hand one 1st rate and one 4th rate ship.
  • Always bring the proper rate ship to battle.
  • If you are a level 49 or 50 crafter, always offer to build ships at a reasonable price for Rear Admirals and Commodores.
  • If you are not a level 49 or 50 crafter, always offer your labor hours and materials to the high level crafters for 1st rate ships.
  • STOP selling 1st-3rd rate ships at free ports!
  • Always offer discounts on 1st-3rd rate ships to US citizens before selling at a US port.
  • STOP losing your 1st-3rd rate ships in missions! Reserve 1st rates for PvP and PBs.

The only way the US will recover from this rat scourge is with unity among the fleet leaders. Can this be achieved before we collapse any further? As one nation unified we will!

If you are a US fleet leader and agree with this, please submit your agreement in writing as a reply. TY.

Edited by Cpt Blackthorne
  • Like 2

Oftentimes, getting hit hard is a good thing, believe it or not.

Let's be frank, the US on PVP2 is overextended. We suffered this same problem on PVP1. Frankly you're faring a lot better than we did.

Edited by EricKilla
  • Like 3

Erick is right the US have so many ports that they don't know what to do. Pirates have shown initiative and given the Dutch and French back ports so new players joining the game can level and craft and trade and have a good time.

I have mentioned numerous times in global why did the US take Spain's ports? They only had a few and US had 160 or so at the time.

I can tell you from a Pirate point of view we don't care about ports we just want to fight you guys because we are sick of empty PB's hence why the big battle at Key West happened. Did you ever think we wanted to plant the flag? Do you think we want the ports the only way US fight is if we pull a flag because you guys have become so obsessed with land.

Talking to other US players who have left to go Pirate or other nations they are over your in house politics over there. I suggest appointing crankyman as your nations leader as I've been told numerous times he thinks he is, plus we love taking his first rates and watching him type crap in global. Very inspirational stuff.

Edited by Loco Bandito
  • Like 2

Erick is right the US have so many ports that they don't know what to do. Pirates have shown initiative and given the Dutch and French back ports so new players joining the game can level and craft and trade and have a good time.

Indeed and good show mates.

I have mentioned numerous times in global why did the US take Spain's ports? They only had a few and US had 160 or so at the time.

There were many reasons, none of them valid imho. I want Spain back on the map and hope that the rest of the US will agree and comply to the terms stated in the thread below:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/15374-meeting-of-nations-to-discuss-small-nation-sustainability/?p=286069

I can tell you from a Pirate point of view we don't care about ports we just want to fight you guys because we are sick of empty PB's hence why the big battle at Key West happened. Did you ever think we wanted to plant the flag? Do you think we want the ports the only way US fight is if we pull a flag because you guys have become so obsessed with land.

:) And we are seeing the results of such obsessions.

Talking to other US players who have left to go Pirate or other nations they are over your in house politics over there. I suggest appointing crankyman as your nations leader as I've been told numerous times he thinks he is, plus we love taking his first rates and watching him type crap in global. Very inspirational stuff.

I like how you said rat scourge. Havnt the Brits been taking boats off you guys or is it just the rats? Kinda curious. Or is the hatred just rats?

Against me, the Brits seem to enjoy sinking me or getting sunk by others. I believe boarding is a rarity when battling Brtis, unless it's 10v2 for them, as what happened a week or so ago south of Serrana. I'm unaware of other's engagements with the Brits. And no, there is no hatred toward the rats. Disdain perhaps, but no hatred. :D

Edited by Cpt Blackthorne

it was 1 clan that wouldnt let spain get out of their port. Most US clans supported letting them get ports. We just dont have the option of attacking other US players like yall do to stop them.

then why do yall keep pulling flags at midnight and waiting for the last minute to buy the flags. Seems like you want to do 1 fight and after we show up for the fight you then wait for everyone that has a life and works to get off for you to attack again. So forgive me if i dont see how you can say your sick of empty PB's when thats what your going for with those attacks.

^ With smuggler flag, the US now has the option to prevent other US from taking Spanish ports. Simply set up a blockade as smugglers and freely attack without the risk of going pirate.

no you still dont. Just because you have smuggler on doesnt mean you can attack. If you do you still go pirate. Only they can attack you and not go pirate

The flag situation is pretty simple why we pull them at that time because we did not set them timers and when we have our big group together after a PB and another window opens its like well let's keep going. Hopefully new patch will fix this issue. Ain't we the lucky alpha testers.

Edited by Loco Bandito
  • Like 1

Eeehhh wait til you see the map tomorrow

I looked at it. You are fine. Considering that we (PVP1 US) had all of Florida and the gulf, a bit of the Bahamas and from La Guanaja to Baracoa, and we got turned around and reduced to, at our lowest, 3 ports, you're doing just fine. Be glad they can't bring their 1st rate fleet into most of your PBs. We were not so fortunate; there were many PBs (think 30+) where it was 25 1st rates (Pirates) vs 1-3 4th rates (US).

If I am to be frank, this is what I would do;  give the Gulf and Yucatan from your Southern-most port to Tordo to Spain, as well as that of Cuba that you own. Maybe keep a few ports as flag pulling outposts and what not. Enlist Spain as an ally, turn around and beat the fuck out of the pirates. By giving them so many ports, you instantly turn them into a power, one which will be very, very friendly to you.

You also encourage clans operating in the Yucatan to relocate to the East Coast and Bahamas, or encourage them to go Spain to populate your new ally. Better them go Spain when the going gets tough than the Pirates. 

Work with and support the Dutch, French, and Swedes to gain more ports. Curry favor across the map, and then cash in that which you have earned.

Edited by EricKilla
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You just lost nearly all of Unknown to Pirates. I'm not going, and I know one other who's staying. The lack of unity, and the pure broken nature of the "Pirate Nation" made them switch.

You mean lack of US unity made them switch.

You have to ask yourself why do they leave on their own accord?

• Like 1

You mean lack of US unity made them switch.

You have to ask yourself why do they leave on their own accord?

Again -- it is the PURE BROKENESS of the pirates. that faction is so freakin OP it aint funny. and its killing the game. Maybe that will change with the allegiance patch .. doubt it.

Beat a horse enough times, and it will lay down --- sad but that is what has happened to too many US players -- constant onslaught by 2+ nations, with no other nation contributing to counter it ... and eventually people get tired of being the punch-monkey. Coupled with the stupid crap Pirate v Pirate (get out of battle free card)...yeah .. almost made me go pirate -- but I still have my dignity. (bout all I have, lol)

Besides rat on rat mechanic, for me personally ........... playing potbs for almost 8 years, I participated in hundreds of pb's. I enjoy the rvr part of the game but I must wait until the mechanics change here. Sneak attacks, buying flags and mostly the times you can buy a flag have all but excluded me from any participation in the defense of USA ports or the attack of enemy ports because of RL responsibilities. No blame, just stating a fact.

Being an active GB player on PvP2 I have watched the mass exodus of US players to Pirate.   Unfortunately this is partly their own fault.  When you become the biggest zerg on a server expect to be targeted by everyone.  

It isn't really fun for anyone to go into a fight outnumbered 5:1.   And it isn't really fun fighting battles with no one coming to defend them.  

This is why there should be nation balance options and nerfs to the pirate faction.

no nerfs. let the game play out as it will play out.

• Like 1

Again -- it is the PURE BROKENESS of the pirates. that faction is so freakin OP it aint funny. and its killing the game. Maybe that will change with the allegiance patch .. doubt it.

Beat a horse enough times, and it will lay down --- sad but that is what has happened to too many US players -- constant onslaught by 2+ nations, with no other nation contributing to counter it ... and eventually people get tired of being the punch-monkey. Coupled with the stupid crap Pirate v Pirate (get out of battle free card)...yeah .. almost made me go pirate -- but I still have my dignity. (bout all I have, lol)

Honestly when US had 160-170 ports did anyone come here and say the game is broken?

Come on man enough crying Pirates got there shit together levelled through the shit storm of US camping Mortimer when we had 1 port.

Even Britain is taking ports off you but you cry about Pirates? or you guys just not turning up for there ports?

• Like 2

We are not OP, we have same boats as you, same timber choices, maybe its skill?