Game-Labs Forum

crew issues

love the crew managing patch. got one issue with it however.

i just fought a spanish indiaman 1v1 with no NPC's involved. i was sailing a frigate. it was a good fight. 

now i do not possess golden boarding mods and he had more crew than me. therefore i never had the slightest intention of boarding him or allowing myself to be boarded. i pounded his sails to slow him, and pounded his hull to sink him.

as he went down at last he surrendered right as the water line was overtaking his gun deck.

denied me the kill AND the ship AND saved nearly his entire crew.

that isn't fair. i sank him straight up and go no kill credit or gold reward. and he double wins by saving his crew from drowning. why did i bother fighting him if he could just pop out when he looses and deny me the kill credit and the capture

this is the same problem that plagued eve for years where titans and super carriers when they would self destruct and would deny the aggressors the kill credit. 

another potential issue is the 20% reload buff for pirate hunter, that is game breakingly insane.

the coward perk is ridiculous. its already challenging to keep enemies in fights. if i miss a single volley with my chasers they can pop out. this change makes it doubtful that i can even miss that one volley. PLEASE make escape mechanics distance from enemy as well as tagging related.

love the crew managing patch. got one issue with it however.

i just fought a spanish indiaman 1v1 with no NPC's involved. i was sailing a frigate. it was a good fight. 

now i do not possess golden boarding mods and he had more crew than me. therefore i never had the slightest intention of boarding him or allowing myself to be boarded. i pounded his sails to slow him, and pounded his hull to sink him.

surrender does not give kills because then it becomes very easy to farm kills with friends (multiplayer game .. causing a lot more problems than single player)

especially santisima kills - which can turn the tables in hostility levels in the future

to get a kill the ship must sink

• Like 1

May i suggest that you can't surrender when your sinking? 

This way, if you want to surrender, you must do it before your ship is taking on water and is in the process of sinking.

It would solve the problem of surrendering to deny the kill. And at the same time you can still save your crew by surrendering before your ship is actually going down.

• Like 4

surrender does not give kills because then it becomes very easy to farm kills with friends

especially santisima kills - which can turn the tables in hostility levels in the future

ok fine. please make it so that u cannot surrender when your ship is on fire, taking on water (be it through a few leaks or out right sinking)

that way IF he surrenders i get to cap the ship he saves his crew, and if he boldly decides to go down with the ship FORCE him to go all the way and give me the kill. what is currently in place allows for people to deny kills and caps which doesnt reward my effort in fighting him the first place. i cannot make him sink any faster than the game already does.

AND if they surrender before sinking i get to cap the prize which is currently denied 100% unless i have gold boarding mods and manage to grapple him.

May i suggest that you can't surrender when your sinking? 

This way, if you want to surrender, you must do it before your ship is taking on water and is in the process of sinking.

It would solve the problem of surrendering to deny the kill. And at the same time you can still save your crew by surrendering before your ship is actually going down.

The coward perk is ridiculous. its already challenging to keep enemies in fights. if i miss a single volley with my chasers they can pop out. this change makes it doubtful that i can even miss that one volley. PLEASE make escape mechanics distance from enemy as well as tagging related.

I will also second this, ships magically puffing into thin air at while in range because you're maneuvering after a chase is so disappointing. The coward perk makes it more so.

• Like 1

surrender does not give kills because then it becomes very easy to farm kills with friends (multiplayer game .. causing a lot more problems than single player)

Starting surrender should have the equal conditions as starting the leave battle timer.

So sinking or on fire should prevent you from surrendering.

• Like 1

simple, if the ship is taking on water its to late to surrender... like how you cannot run from battle while taking on water.

or on fire, because fire ship fitting, sail into enemy formation click surrender and lawl at devestation.

Edited by Khendon
  • Like 1

I do agree with the admin that surrender option shouldn't be an insta kill feature as a way to negate the meta game but taking the easy way out with a push of a button is just to easy

i am all for that surrender option cannot be used when on fire or sinking or both, so that people in situations like OP posted that are clearly defeated in the game cannot push the insta escape button

• Like 3

So you do have to sail over and assign crew if they surrender, and you cap what's in the hold when that happens. I don't feel quite as robbed now. :P

u do need to sail to it and claim it

HOWEVER if they surrender after ui have done sufficient damage to sink them you are fully denied kill, prize, and reward

• Like 1

BUt it did sink that is the point. It sank after it surrendered

• Like 1

BUt it did sink that is the point. It sank after it surrendered

VALID point!!!

i killed that ship. i killed the SHIT out of it. 

dont award me for him being a coward and surrendering...award me for his ship going under the water...i will wait. dont worry. if i cannot cap it i will sit next to it....do clip my nails, refill my drink, take a leak, ect....i'll wait for him to sink to get that credit....and if he surrenders to save his crew...fine its the ultimate abandon ship function. i am for it.

give

me

credit

for

wrecking

his

face. THANKS.