Payed my dues, teleport plz

I died (/surrendered) in battle.  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Where am I allowed to go?

• Nearest friendly port (current)
    • Any friendly port
    • Any owned outpost
    • Own capital

At the moment, if you surrender or die, you get teleported to nearest friendly port.

I think we can extend that to teleport to nearest friendly port, any outpost or capital. At the choice of the player who lost his dura.

The goal is to minimize wasting a player's time after he lost his ship.

Please comment if you see potential exploits or any other issues.

potential exploit  -not too heavy, can be considered extra improval by many people- , virtual teleport to any friendly/outpost/capital from any other port  .....

-you take a free cuter

-attack an IA

-surrender

and voila

• Like 3

The "Teleport to Capital" exists to get any player unstuck from a bad situation, like being stranded in a far away land.

Other than that keep a Outpost slot open to cover emergencies when going into enemy territory without any nearby outpost.

I do not see any need to change the current system.

• Like 6

Well now that the cat is outa the bag i think we should just have teleports from anywhere to anywhere. Thats where its going anyways. Just eliminate the need for open world all together, unless you just want to sail, and be done with it.

We should be able to teleport to the port battle, then teleport back to any base, teleport back from any others battle we are in, teleport trade ships and war ships wherever we wmt to.

The goal it seems is to minimize all downtime and create the ability to just do only what you want to so this should finally fix all these problems. Otherwise everyday there is another topic on " let me teleport here" for us to consider.

Lets be fair and just do them all.

Well now that the cat is outa the bag i think we should just have teleports from anywhere to anywhere. Thats where its going anyways. Just eliminate the need for open world all together, unless you just want to sail, and be done with it.

We should be able to teleport to the port battle, then teleport back to any base, teleport back from any others battle we are in, teleport trade ships and war ships wherever we wmt to.

The goal it seems is to minimize all downtime and create the ability to just do only what you want to so this should finally fix all these problems. Otherwise everyday there is another topic on " let me teleport here" for us to consider.

Um, no. I'm for teleporting to a capital, bc you can get lost, and teleporting yourself between outposts. Nothing more than that. The biggest pain in sailing time is using a basic cutter to set up an outpost in a free town across the map. But once that is done, sailing isn't bad. If you get attacked & sent to the nearest friendly port, you should not be too far from where you were, just sail back. If you are afraid of being attacked, tp back to the capital. If you took hours to sail there, then set up an outpost in a nearby free town. I have all outposts unlocked & in use, and only 1 is at a pirate port, Mortimer. The rest free towns, some for hunting players (although I haven't started hunting solo, yet), some for gathering supplies. Edited by Anne Wildcat

Teleport to Capital was intended when you get stuck, as stuck in geometry :) It was somewhat not intended to what it ended to be used for. And it horribly focuses populations around capitals instead of having communities move to regional capitals.

That's my take on it.

• Like 3

This is purely about teleporting after you lost a dura. So looking at your cat, it is dead.

• Like 1

Um, no. I'm for teleporting to a capital, bc you can get lost, and teleporting yourself between outposts. Nothing more than that. The biggest pain in sailing time is using a basic cutter to set up an outpost in a free town across the map. But once that is done, sailing isn't bad. If you get attacked & sent to the nearest friendly port, you should not be too far from where you were, just sail back. If you are afraid of being attacked, tp back to the capital. If you took hours to sail there, then set up an outpost in a nearby free town. I have all outposts unlocked & in use, and only 1 is at a pirate port, Mortimer. The rest free towns, some for hunting players (although I haven't started hunting solo, yet), some for gathering supplies.

Im simply being facetious since this is the direction the game has gone and continues to go. I am against all teleport exept the 3 hour cooldown to capital.

I am only suggesting these options because every day someone says the game is to hard and takes to long and ask for a teleport to or from somewhere.

What i REALLY wish they would do is make a old school mmorpg server for those players who remembers what its like back in EQ,SWG or vanguard when not only were we in a fictional computer world but we all felt like we were part of it.

Players didnt simply grind to top level or vest gear, they all had roles to play and enjoyed them. We had places where thousands of players over time had designated as a trade hub and would all gather there as a real community to talk , to sell or buy things, to hire people for help. All the things we COULDA DO here but do not.

Trust me whem i say i only suggest the teleport thing because its going to happen so it might as well be now.

This is purely about teleporting after you lost a dura. So looking at your cat, it is dead.

Please reread and see wherw i say lets just get it overwith because every single day for months someone suggests a teleport for something. Thanks. Edited by Mrdoomed
  • Like 1

potential exploit  -not too heavy, can be considered extra improval by many people- , virtual teleport to any friendly/outpost/capital from any other port  .....

-you take a free cuter

-attack an IA

-surrender

and voila

Excellent point. It doesn't even have to be a cutter. It can be any multiple dura ship. (Although a very expensive way to move your Pavel. :) )

How about: if you lose your final dura, then you get the choice? Otherwise it remains "teleport to nearest friendly port".

The "Teleport to Capital" exists to get any player unstuck from a bad situation, like being stranded in a far away land.

Other than that keep a Outpost slot open to cover emergencies when going into enemy territory without any nearby outpost.

I do not see any need to change the current system.

It would also eliminate to keep one outpost slot available. Which I personally don't like (because the last slot is ridiculously expensive :P ).

I don't think the intention of outposts is to ensure you have such a teleport option.

Maybe we should even go as far, that you can teleport from any port, without an owned outpost, back to any owned outpost, while losing any ship in said port?

That way we can simply leave the current teleport to nearest friendly port alone. And eliminate this hogging of an outpost slot.

What do you all think of teleporting ships to outposts, with some kind of penalty attached? For instance, the ship has to sail in the OW risking capture, or maybe there's a period of time when you can't use the ship based on distance teleported?

What I'm getting at is that not everyone has the time, in the real world, to sail ships between outposts. So why not make it so you can delegate that task to your crew, to carry out while you're at work, changing diapers, etc.

There's got to be some middle ground between "teleport everywhere" and "teleport nowhere" that can preserve some historical integrity but also allow for a functional environment.

This suggestion only covers teleport after losing a dura, not teleport via "send to outpost".

My thoughts on "send to outpost" can be found at (among others):

1. http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14600-auto-travel-from-port-to-port/?p=270697
  2. http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14600-auto-travel-from-port-to-port/?p=275272

This suggestion only covers teleport after losing a dura, not teleport via "send to outpost".

My thoughts on "send to outpost" can be found at (among others):

1. http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14600-auto-travel-from-port-to-port/?p=270697
  2. http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14600-auto-travel-from-port-to-port/?p=275272

No, you misunderstand me.  What I'm saying is that I think the current system is good, and what you're proposing after losing that durability is to do the same thing we're doing now, which is to TP to outpost.  I realize it's another circumstance, but we're already doing that from any other outpost you desire, or from even winning a battle.

-you take a free cuter

-attack an IA

-surrender

and voila

fixable by requiring it be after loss or surrender to enemy player only... still slightly exploitable but not game breaking

No, you misunderstand me.  What I'm saying is that I think the current system is good, and what you're proposing after losing that durability is to do the same thing we're doing now, which is to TP to outpost.  I realize it's another circumstance, but we're already doing that from any other outpost you desire, or from even winning a battle.

What you describe is not the way it functions right now. You get (ship) TP-ed to the nearest friendly port.

If it was your last dura (so you completely lost your ship) and you do not have an outpost there, you are "stuck".

You then have 2 options:

1. Cutter away.
  2. Build outpost (10000 gold), avatar-TP to another owned outpost, (optionally) abandon outpost (5000 gold). (Like Hethwill says.)

Should we allow ship-TP on any dura, you get the exploit Eishen mentions. In other words, assets will be moving through warp-space at your advantage. It does have a price though, 1 dura.

Option #2 is just wasting an outpost slot. This should not be the intention of building an outpost. It is a creative work-around for the problem though. :)

So as we tally up the score, I think it boils down to:

1. For the price of, lets say, 50000 gold,
  2. We should have the option to avatar-TP from any port, in which you do not own any assets, to any owned outpost (potentially including capital).
Edited by Skully

2. We should have the option to avatar-TP from any port, in which you do not own any assets, to any owned outpost (potentially including capital).

I would limit to any friendly or free port ..... to avoid 1-leg smuggling travels

I would limit to any friendly or free port ..... to avoid 1-leg smuggling travels

That I would not consider an exploit, because you first need to sell everything, including your ship.

It would disappear into the magical NPC shipyard. :)

That I would not consider an exploit, because you first need to sell everything, including your ship.

It would disappear into the magical NPC shipyard. :)

Not properly an exploit perhaps , but it speeds (to 2x) the process of smuggling goods (little traders are virtually free)  ...and I fear it would allow some abuse when paired with the proposed "hostility" system of port battles generation

• Like 1

Not properly an exploit perhaps , but it speeds (to 2x) the process of smuggling goods (little traders are virtually free)  ...and I fear it would allow some abuse when paired with the proposed "hostility" system of port battles generation

Good point, it might interfere with the hostility system. We can try that out when it is in and do the cutter away option.

I was talking to a trader about the option. He didn't feel very comfortable selling his golden speed ship with golden permanents. :lol:

• Like 1

What you describe is not the way it functions right now. You get (ship) TP-ed to the nearest friendly port.

If it was your last dura (so you completely lost your ship) and you do not have an outpost there, you are "stuck".

You then have 2 options:

1. Cutter away.
  2. Build outpost (10000 gold), avatar-TP to another owned outpost, (optionally) abandon outpost (5000 gold). (Like Hethwill says.)

Should we allow ship-TP on any dura, you get the exploit Eishen mentions. In other words, assets will be moving through warp-space at your advantage. It does have a price though, 1 dura.

Option #2 is just wasting an outpost slot. This should not be the intention of building an outpost. It is a creative work-around for the problem though. :)

You still misunderstand so I won't explain it to you anymore.  I have TP'd to all my outposts about 500 times since the change, and they are all over.  If you can't figure out how to do that I can't help you.  Your mechanic allows the same thing, choose to TP to one of your outposts.

I don't abandone them though, so I set them up and keep them.  It's handy later.

You still misunderstand so I won't explain it to you anymore.  I have TP'd to all my outposts about 500 times since the change, and they are all over.  If you can't figure out how to do that I can't help you.  Your mechanic allows the same thing, choose to TP to one of your outposts.

I don't abandone them though, so I set them up and keep them.  It's handy later.

Have fun after the patch. :P

It is your lucky day, but change is coming. :)

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14886-patch-99-officers-fishing-provisions-and-other-things/?p=276296

I'm not going to put up a screenshot showing me sitting in a friendly port while all my outposts are not showing a "teleport" button.

But I'm very curious how you do it (other than the method Hethwill outlined)?

What I usually do is all my sailing business then terminate at the closest outpost I have, usually the locations are planned accordingly.  Then TP to all my other outposts sequentially to do whatever business I have there, e.g. purchase goods for later or craft from buildings, etc.  We were sorta disagreeing to agree?  Cuz I think we were saying the same thing?  Two of your three recommended outcomes for surrender or die in your OP were: TP to outpost, TP to capital.  I can already do those if I don't die, upon being at the capital or an outpost or at the battle leaving screen if I win.  So I'm just saying it's natural, in the current config of the game.  If TP to outpost goes away again, it just means more sailing to accomplish the same goals.

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 1

Im simply being facetious since this is the direction the game has gone and continues to go. I am against all teleport exept the 3 hour cooldown to capital.

I am only suggesting these options because every day someone says the game is to hard and takes to long and ask for a teleport to or from somewhere.

What i REALLY wish they would do is make a old school mmorpg server for those players who remembers what its like back in EQ,SWG or vanguard when not only were we in a fictional computer world but we all felt like we were part of it.

Players didnt simply grind to top level or vest gear, they all had roles to play and enjoyed them. We had places where thousands of players over time had designated as a trade hub and would all gather there as a real community to talk , to sell or buy things, to hire people for help. All the things we COULDA DO here but do not.

Trust me whem i say i only suggest the teleport thing because its going to happen so it might as well be now.

Please reread and see wherw i say lets just get it overwith because every single day for months someone suggests a teleport for something. Thanks.

As I recall from my EQ days, the druid who could teleport and take people from place to place, was a VERY popular and financially successful character.  In a game that had huge grind built into its core design, they still understood that giving people a way to bypass and manage travel was a critical mechanic.

Besides, trying to compare a game like this, where everyone is a captain,of their own ship, ship class limited only by level, to a very role specific MMO design, is quite simply comparing apples to rocks.  A real comparison would be that a character had to be a deck hand, then midshipman, then lieutenant, then....

Maybe a couple of months of being a peg boy would cure you of thinking that more realism and less game should be built into the game.

That said, I wish they would do the same about a TP vs No TP server.  Then all this bickering could end and we would see just which model actually works for a game.  Oh, and I happen to think the current handling of death to nearest port is just fine. 

Edited by KrakkenSmacken