Game-Labs Forum

Give each nation a flavor.

I'd like to see the spanish SoL's modeled more on galleons... the brits and dutch and all them nasty euros can have their ships modeled after the standard SoL's.

US can have large 4th rates, the connies, essex and such.

Give the norwegians viking ships!

Pirates can get up-gunned, crewed and faster versions of the smaller sloops, cutters and brigs. The heavy rattlesnake for example.

Just like them yachts I see cruising around in-game?

Lets not get into this argument, but a yacht can easily defeat a long boat any day of the year... a galleon also gets sank by an evenly sized man of war of the 18th Century.

The bonuses should be small enough to make a difference for a good captain but not handhold a bad one.

Possible suggestions:

Accuracy bonus with round.

Accuracy bonus with chain.

Open sea speed bonus.

Reload bonus.

Nation exclusive ships.

Nation exclusive econ bonuses.

Exclusive access to different types of officers.

Here is a big one, endgame goals and bonuses such as rewards for XP above last level, rewards for PvP victories, etc. Potbs had end game missions that gave good loot and mods. This game could use some variety and maybe some side quests and story telling.

I'd like to see the spanish SoL's modeled more on galleons... the brits and dutch and all them nasty euros can have their ships modeled after the standard SoL's.

US can have large 4th rates, the connies, essex and such.

Give the norwegians viking ships!

Pirates can get up-gunned, crewed and faster versions of the smaller sloops, cutters and brigs. The heavy rattlesnake for example.

Please no....

• Like 2

While I dont like the suggestions of spanish galleons or vikings ships I think the first idea wasnt bad either.

I´ll give my suggestions:

Dutch: a % decrease of the price when you buy or trade suplies and resources.

Spanish: a % decrease at building, repairing and upgrading fortifications. Maybe an increase of moral of the ships when boarding.

French: a % decrease of the resources that you have to gather to create an assault fleet.

British: a % decrease of the needed labour hours to craft a ship.

Trading bonus was already discussed somewhere but i think abuse is very possible.

I just don't see why this would be needed. For it to matter it would have to be a tangible benefit that means something, but if it does it could influence the balance of power leading to a power dominating - such as if in Intrepido's suggestion GB, an automatically high population nation (due to the RN's fame), has even readier access to ships as their crafters can create them quicker, could then dominate sea battles, as having to replace lost ships would be quicker. Such a benefit could also draw more crafters, leaving fewer in other nations than there might otherwise be. If the benefit has no real effect then there is no point putting it in. I think, and this is just my uneducated thought, that it would be a double-edged sword that would direct time and resources away from where they're needed elsewhere.

Edited by Rikard Frederiksen