Game-Labs Forum

La Santa Hermandad - The Holy Brotherhood, new Catholic military order/clan

It is with joy in my heart that I, Inocencio Botijo, Metropolitan Archbishop of Havana, announce the creation of the "Santa Hermandad" [sH], or, translated to your impious tongue "Holy Brotherhood", our new Catholic Military Religious Order, based in Havana.

The Santa Hermandad will patrol the Havana waters to cleanse them of the scourge of pirates, American, British and other clans, heretics, blasphemous, impious, deviant captains. The Santa Hermandad pledges obedience to His most Catholic Majesty, the King of Spain, and vows to defend all of the King´s possessions to the last drop of our blood.

By virtue of my previous excommunication decree, every act of violence committed upon these enemies of our King constitutes an act of self defence, and thus falls under the principles of "Just War", or Ius bellum iustum, and therefore, not only just, but necessary, desirable, and pleasing in the eyes of Our Lord. Jesus acknowledges the legitimate use of force, telling the apostles, "let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one" (Luke 22:36). Christians must not love violence. We must promote peace whenever possible and be slow to resort to the use of arms. But we must not be afraid to do so when it is called for. Evil must not be allowed to remain unchecked.

Enemy captains will be offered one chance to embrace the Holy Cross and renounce their heretic hostile intent, and, if they reject our generous pardon, be sunk, burnt, or taken as a prize. Captains found guilty of moral deviation, sodomy, lecherous acts, kidnapping nuns, plundering the riches of peaceful Spanish traders, or attacking the ships if His Catholic Majesty's Navy, heresy, witchcraft, apostasy, arianism, gnosticism, origenism, montanism,  marcionism, docetism, adoptionism, nestorianism, monophysitism, monothelitism, iconoclasm, anglicanism or protestantism, guttony, incest, pedophilia, lesbianism, adultery, onanism and masturbation, among other cults and abhorrent sins, will be summarily executed without trial, on site, by virtue of the authority invested in me by His Holiness the Pope.

Through the power of Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I exhort our enemies to renounce and forsake every source of sin in their lives. I ask you, Lord Jesus, to send forth an assignment of angels to destroy every demonic influence that may have contributed to their sinful behaviours.

I arise today through the power of the Lord Jesus Christ and ask that our Santa Hermandad, and the Little Sisters of the Holy Mojito, be blessed with your Holy Wrath, and become the tip of the sword of the armies of the heavens, which, following Our Lord's will, strike without fear at the wicked hearts of our enemies.  May our Catholic Warriors be filled with the Holy Spirit’s gifts of peace, patience, love, joy, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, humility, forgiveness, goodness, fortitude, discipline, truth, relinquishment, good self-image, prosperity, charity, obedience, a sound mind, acceptance of self, acceptance of others, trust,  wholeness, wellness, health, wisdom, knowledge, understanding, and the light and life of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Amen.

• Like 4

Wrong place to anounce a new clan.

Dear Brother CeltiberoCesar.

Thank you for your suggestion. This is not just the announcement of a new clan. This is news of the creation of an army of earthly angels that will cleanse the Naval Action map of pirate angloamerican sin, greed, heresy, sodomy and violence once and for all. The Santa Hermandad will defeat the enemies of our Catholic King and change the face of the Caribbean forever, for the greater glory of Our Lord, Jesus Christ.

As Metropolitan Archbishop of Havana I respond only to the religious authority of the Holy Mother Catholic Church, which I represent in Havana, and it seems, in all of the Caribbean, not to the Civilian authority which you and the Council represent. I have decided that this is the appropriate forum to make this significant announcement.

I, Inocencio Botijo, Metropolitan Archbishop of Havana, consider necessary to inform all of the different nations, clans, factions, both Catholic and heretic of these news, so they may adjust their behaviour accordingly. And you may do well, master CelitberoCaesar, not to contradict me in public again, if you want to avoid the unwanted attention of my diligent Inquisition Office, or a visit to my underground dungeons, where I contribute to the greater glory of our King, and the ease of mind of the civilian authorities, by converting the restless local Indians to Christianity.

Edited by Don Inocencio Botillo
  • Like 3

Forgive me father.

You are forgiven my son, pray 25 Our Fathers and make a donation for the support of our Holy Mother Church, and the convent of the Little Sisters of the Holy Mojito, in penitence for this little peccadillo.

• Like 1

The irony of course is that if we didn't sin, then Jesus's death would be for nothing. Is that really the way to honor his death, by spiting on his sacrifice? Do not lets these false Christians guide you, convert to the glorious Protestant reformation. If y'all where true Christians you would just turn the other cheek and practice forgiveness towards your enemies.

The irony of course is that if we didn't sin, then Jesus's death would be for nothing. Is that really the way to honor his death, by spiting on his sacrifice? Do not lets these false Christians guide you, convert to the glorious Protestant reformation. If y'all where true Christians you would just turn the other cheek and practice forgiveness towards your enemies.

My son. You really should take some time to go through your religious studies again. You sound heretic even to protestant heretic ears.

Perhaps you can drop by Havana to receive some enlightening crash course on theology.

As for the other cheek, you have proven that this is not the right approach with the angloamerican mob, so now it is your cheeks getting slapped.

You will go to hell to keep company to Calvin, Luther, Henry the VIII and the rest of your lot of infidels, unbelieving, pagan renegades. Get over it and accelerate your reckoning by surrendering to any ship of my Santa Hermandad Order.

• Like 1

Hey Don, 

how is One-Legged-Maria doing?

... captains will be offered one chance to embrace the Holy Cross and renounce their heretic hostile intent, and, if they reject our generous pardon, be sunk, burnt, or taken as a prize. Captains found guilty of moral deviation, sodomy, lecherous acts, kidnapping nuns, plundering the riches of peaceful Spanish traders, or attacking the ships if His Catholic Majesty's Navy, heresy, witchcraft, apostasy, arianism, gnosticism, origenism, montanism,  marcionism, docetism, adoptionism, nestorianism, monophysitism, monothelitism, iconoclasm, anglicanism or protestantism, guttony, incest, pedophilia, lesbianism, adultery, onanism and masturbation, among other cults and abhorrent sins, will be summarily executed without trial, on site, by virtue of the authority invested in me by His Holiness the Pope.

I'm glad to hear that you are going to eliminate the whole Spanish War- and Trading-Fleet at once. 

• Like 1

You sound heretic even to protestant heretic ears.

How would you know what my words sound like from protestant ears, unless........ you are a protestant in disguise. I should alert your Holiness to the treachery you have commented. I would start praying if I where you.

• Like 1

How would you know what my words sound like from protestant ears, unless........ you are a protestant in disguise. I should alert your Holiness to the treachery you have commented. I would start praying if I where you.

Dear Nic.

I have been trained to combat all kinds of heresy and deviant cults. I'm familiar with all their superstitions, lies, blasphemies, and theological errors. I have been graduated in Theology at the Sevilla University and spent 20 years chasing Lutherans and rebellious princes in our Kings possessions in the Netherlands. Believe me, I know how a protestant sounds, and you make no sense even to the most inconsistent of the inconsistent protestants.

I have been graduated in Theology at the Sevilla University and spent 20 years chasing Lutherans and rebellious princes in our Kings possessions in the Netherlands. 

Wrong time period. Don't forget this game is set during the Napoleonic wars where your country was just a puppet to the French revolution and everyone was throwing off their chains of the corrupt catholic church.

• Like 1

Wrong time period. Don't forget this game is set during the Napoleonic wars where your country was just a puppet to the French revolution and everyone was throwing off their chains of the corrupt catholic church.

Nah, don't forget he's really that old. It seems like even Satan refuses to catch him so he stays with the Spaniards. I guess they really deserved each other.

Btw: It was really a hard piece of work to move his incredibly fat ass on that Spanish coal barge to send him home. My Grandpa told me that they needed four cantilever arms and dozens of horses and that barge almost keeled over when he was aboard.

Edited by Dick Brave
  • Like 1

Na, don't forget he's really that old. It seems like even Satan refuses to catch him.

Btw: It was really a hard piece of work to move his incredibly fat ass on that Spanish coal barge to send him home. My Grandpa told me that they needed four cantilever arms and dozens of horses and that barge almost keeled over when he was aboard.

If he's really over two hundred years old, then he is the spawn of Satan himself.

Nah, don't forget he's really that old. It seems like even Satan refuses to catch him so he stays with the Spaniards. I guess they really deserved each other.

Make love, not war, Dick Brave (EDITED)

Yes, I remember your grandpa, I think he is the one we caught committing acts of incest with his daughter, which I assume is your mother. We made a nice fire and he burnt like he was already in hell. As for your mom, I think we sent her back to Amsterdam where I heard she established a profitable trade selling her body and that of her son (that would be you, Dick) to passing sodomites and other persons of low life.

As I said before. Feel sorry for you.

I feel sorry for you. Obviously you're confusing things in your alcohol delirium.

My Grandpa passed away peaceful at the age of 87 in his bed. I already proved that I'm definitely my fathers son. My Mother never went to Amsterdam and so didn't I until the age of 23.

It seems that you are mistake that with some of your Spanish papist inquisitor priests and you seem to have an obsession for sodomy. Man, you have a really weird fantasy. I highly recommend to consult a doctor. He should give you an enema and put some leeches on your butt (Poor leeches). 

But never mind, you are an old, fat and always totally drunk papist pickpocket. How could anyone take you serious.

Btw: I find this discussion to be most entertaining, because you're showing your real face the longer it goes.

I feel sorry for you. Obviously you're confusing things in your alcohol delirium.

My Grandpa passed away peaceful at the age of 87 in his bed. I already proved that I'm definitely my fathers son. My Mother never went to Amsterdam and so didn't I until the age of 23.

It seems that you are mistake that with some of your Spanish papist inquisitor priests and you seem to have an obsession for sodomy. Man, you have a really weird fantasy. I highly recommend to consult a doctor. He should give you an enema and put some leeches on your butt (Poor leeches). 

But never mind, you are an old, fat and always totally drunk papist pickpocket. How could anyone take you serious.

Btw: I find this discussion to be most entertaining, because you're showing your real face the longer it goes.

It must be entertaining to you, but quite boring to me, and I´m sure, some of our readers... you keep on using the same lines, and the same insults, denoting your lack of imagination and mediocrity.

So, in the hope of boring you too, and ending this unending iteration of insults, your dull posts will not be replied until you come up with something more imaginative other than One legged maria, the fat ladies, the fat alcoholic papist pickpockets etcetera, and stop mixing your real life with roleplaying.

There, suit yourself.

• Like 1

Hehe, very funny. Read your own story. If Spain was a puppet, then what was Holland?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Holland

At least we fought the French and kicked them out of the Peninsula. But let me remind you that historical references are a bit out of order... this is not a historical game, or a historical map. This is roleplaying, and I hope you can understand the difference.