Game-Labs Forum

If we get a Server Wipe on PVP EU 1

If you Devs are looking at doing a fundermental error in a server wipe, which is you prerogative.

How about bring it back to 5 nation plus a TRUE Pirate Faction.

Get rid of the Sweeds and Danes as historically the had ONLY one port and a very small influence in the area.

5 Nation is the OPTIMAL. AMOUNT with using traditional Capitals.

Have Pirates as a real PvP faction, let them only have up to Level 2 Shipyard.

The can only raid a Port not take it.

After 48 hrs the Port reverts back to its original state.

BR is equal to the Crew Percentage so a 3rd Rate at 50% has only 250 BR.

THEN it would justify any map/Server wipe.

But what would I know, I just listened to so many people and have over 30 years of policy management.

• Like 1

BR should never have anything to do with crew percentage. A Victory is just as lethal at 800 crew compared to 850, as is the Santisima.

Every ship as long as you have 50% crew in gunnery is just as effective as one at 100%, providing you aren't using both broadsides at the same time.

• Like 1

BR should never have anything to do with crew percentage. A Victory is just as lethal at 800 crew compared to 850, as is the Santisima.

Every ship as long as you have 50% crew in gunnery is just as effective as one at 100%, providing you aren't using both broadsides at the same time.

Yes, in that example, But is a 3rd rate at 350 worth as much as one at 650 crew?  He is not talking about commodores in vics, but about post captains in 3rd rates.

As for the rest I Don't mind the number of factions we have now, but I think some of the capitols could stand to be moved, mostly those of spain and the brits, and maybe the pirates.

Yes, in that example, But is a 3rd rate at 350 worth as much as one at 650 crew?  He is not talking about commodores in vics, but about post captains in 3rd rates.

As for the rest I Don't mind the number of factions we have now, but I think some of the capitols could stand to be moved, mostly those of spain and the brits, and maybe the pirates.

A 3rd rate with 350 crew still hits just as hard as one with 650. The ships armor and broadside damage doesn't change, only the DPS, which unless you've made a terrible mistake, or are fighting side by side the entire time, barely factors into it.

A 3rd rate with 350 crew still hits just as hard as one with 650. The ships armor and broadside damage doesn't change, only the DPS, which unless you've made a terrible mistake, or are fighting side by side the entire time, barely factors into it.

And you can balance the lower DPS and crew shortage by fitting lighter guns.

Only One person responded about the number of factions and Capitals locations.

BR is a Problem in Taking Ports not defending them.

That is why I was sharing that one. BR in PB is an issue. Or not?

What about the number of faction reduced to 5 nation + Pirates?

LVL 2 Shipyard only for pirates, and raiding ports only?

But I read no one responding to Pirates being a faction instead of a nation, that is a shame, especially any of the Devs.

Quick takes:

Devs are not ready to take on the development of the pirate faction in game yet. There are A LOT of other far more pressing concerns than this one. Consider pirates as any other nation at this point in time as it really has no bearing on this stage of testing and development to be completely honest. We are still using a generic PB map with generic towers, OW reinforcement mechanics are being hotly debated, teleport cooldown debate, economy still is being tweaked, diplomacy mechanics have not been put in game, just reworked the leak and cannon penetration values....etc. All this stuff needs to be much more refined and closer to finalized before they venture into tackling pirates "unique" game play. Right now they represent a very large portion of the games population and if they are smart they shouldn't even mess with it till almost everything else is in a better situation than it currently is.

That being said, you offered zero reason why anyone would want to play pirate. If all i got was limiting me to a level 2 shipyard and being able to raid a port I'd probably just go national....at this point after literally well over 2000 hours of playing I really don't care anymore what color flag is on my ship. The pirate debate has been discussed thoroughly but two things remain a constant: 1 they are not ready to tackle it and 2 virtually nobody is going to play as one if all it offers is a gimped non unique playing experience.

If you Devs are looking at doing a fundermental error in a server wipe, which is you prerogative.

Get rid of the Sweeds and Danes as historically the had ONLY one port and a very small influence in the area.

But what would I know, I just listened to so many people and have over 30 years of policy management.

How about afther the Wipe, get rid of all factions and only let british nation on the map ? it could be faster. I think you guys will get bored when you have no one to fight anymore if that s really you want to do.

Port wipe is going to happen deal with it. Regardless of the above port mechanics are due for a big change as far as we've been informed that will require a wipe to happen.

PS

Cant wait games getting stale in its current form.

PIRATES REVISED

-Pirates first entry into the world should be by way of selecting a nation of origin.

-Pirate missions
 Transport of contraband goods
 Capture of trader ships
 Engage combat vessels
 Privateer missions (government sponsored and assigned)

-Pirates
 Bribes and false papers
 Can only be purchased in neutral ports and are the medium of exchange for
 clandestine products and services.
 Combinations and levels of bribes and false papers would be necessary for Pirate missions.
  1 Flags- Pirate flag, National flags.
  2 Bribes- Cargo transport info, False papers.
  3 False papers- For contraband transport missions, False national identities.

-Privateer
*Letter of marque and reprisal
 Government license authorizing a person to attack and capture enemy vessels
 Issued by rear admiral level players purchased with xp gained after
 obtaining Rear Admiral rank.
 Privateers will be given letters of mark and reprisal, Given a ship for their
 missions and gold for expenses.

-Pirate reputation scale by nation
 -3,-2,-1,0,1,2,3
3 Very good reputation (Privateer loyal to national identity willing to do what
  it takes to confound and deter their nations enemies)  
2 Good (reputation loyal to national identity and interests)
1 Fair (Sails under national flag only supportive in common interests)
0 Neutral
-1 Shady reputation (not trustworthy)
-2 Criminal reputation (know criminal)
-3 Nefarious criminal (Well known organized criminal)

• Like 2

Please choose a title that reflects the content of the topic.

Also it's more difficult to track suggestions when many are packed in a single topic. And there are already a lot of suggestions about pirates.

Closing this one, thanks.