Game-Labs Forum

Whalers Ships and whale oil resource

Hi,

It would be nice if there was a chance to catch the whales as in battle and draw the resources especially oil, and of course we will need whalers ships...

I like it. It's not politically correct but I like it. Of course war isn't all the politically correct either.

Historically, it would be appropriate to have whaling ships and whaling resources (whale oil, etc) included in the game.

I can understand though that the developers might be hesistant about doing this (from an optics standpoint).  As mentioned above by Bach, it's not politically correct.

After all, it is my understanding that they have made the decision not to include anything to do with the slave trade, even though this would also be historically accurate.  It just does not look good from an optics standpoint.

Also, who knows, adding whaling into the game could generate yet another pirate clan:

SSCS_Flag.jpg

;)

Edited by Chijohnaok
  • Like 1

Historically, it would be appropriate to have whaling ships and whaling resources (whale oil, etc) included in the game.

I can understand though that the developers might be hesistant about doing this (from an optics standpoint).  As mentioned above by Bach, it's not politically correct.

After all, it is my understanding that they have made the decision not to include anything to do with the slave trade, even though this would also be historically accurate.  It just does not look good from an optics standpoint.

Lol, and killing dozens of 'people' with cannons is ok, hunting whales is a no go, really, LMAO. Whale meat is food, excellent if I may say so, I eat whale meat once a year and it taste dilicious, I have no problem with that, killing fellow humans though that I don't fancy that much (RL)....

In Norway we still hunt whales, and do so at sustainable level so we don't extint them, will keep our bellies full for years to come and our next generation will still have food on their plate. God bless our whalers B)

Where did people get the idea that whaling is "politically incorrect?"

Did they not notice Hollywood just release a big budget blockbuster about a whaling ship? Herman Melville. So edgy.

(That was a rhetorical question, by the way. I know that people search for any excuse to wank all over their screen by saying 'I am against political correctness, hurr durr.')