Game-Labs Forum

Boarding Bug

Twig

I were actually not sure if I should post that here, but I think that it is better if you know about it.
I've noticed some bug while trying to board a Dutch player, but I do have no prove about it. (Explanation below)
The bug happened to me earlier a few times while fighting players and also AI-Fleets.

I am not able to board someone, even though every condition is made!

Yesterday I've tried to board a Dutch player, while my clan was there too (They have noticed it also).
My boarding was loaded full, no crew shock, both ships were alongside and stood still.

- Both were turned into the wind and we got him later on, when my boarding was available again but it coast ~ 15 min to

demast him -

But still the "G" boarding possability didn't showed up. I'm not sure if it was cause I've boarded another ship prob. 2 min
earlier, nevertheless I don't think that it should have deactivated my boarding.
If possible please try to check out.
I can not prove that cause just a screen wont show the whole situation and I do have no possibility to make a video.

With kind regards,

Twig

Edited by Twig

I hear ya Twig, I've experienced the same situation a few times myself since the big patch (9.67 I think).  All previous requirements for the boarding instance being gained...no prompt allowing the initiation for boarding, comes up on the screen.   I've waited as much as 5 minutes with my ship "T-boned" into the absolutely still, trading ship with it's sails in tatters (less than 50%).  Finally after giving up on the boarding attempt, perform repeated grapping to bring the crew to zero, if this takes too long, I finally lose patience and just sink the Trader. :ph34r:

Don't think so, after a while I actualy pressed G once, just to be sure that it is not a visual bug.

And it seems it happens a few more times.

Could be a mayor boarding bug :huh::unsure:

Edited by Twig

I went back and reread the text of the fix (9.65) and I think I found MY problem.  After rechecking the screen shots...it seems my boarding prep was stopped at 9 of 20...not quite the 50% the new boarding mechanics required.  That would explain the situations that occurred all about that time frame with me using a yacht... :lol:

I had the same problem, but really is not a bug.

Since the last patch introduced with the new management system crew, you have to disable the crew of the guns (put in gray, not white) so that those crew are available for boarding.

This is not necessary in cases where your crew is far superior to the boat you want to capture, but it is in other cases.

Try it!

A greeting.

Edited by VCNTBNB

Camera position has something to do with the possibility to press "g" too.

Normally you should look at your ship broadside with the enemy ship direct behind you. (90 degree angle)

So to board you need the speed + camera angle + prep requirements

Since the last patch introduced with the new management system crew, you have to disable the crew of the guns (put in gray, not white) so that those crew are available for boarding.

My gunnery was disabled - Boarding was white and at 100% so no that was not the case

And I also had purple Marines equiped which leaves the ship at 80% the whole time

Normally you should look at your ship broadside with the enemy ship direct behind you. (90 degree angle)

The Camera was directly on the ship, speed was at 0 on both ships -  for boarding you only need ~ 3,4

Everything was prepared and everything else was also done the way it has to be

I'm boarding an extremely large amount of ships - Actually right now I' m doing for my clan almost every boarding fight when we raid but that keep happening from time to time.

but how should a screen have helped you anyway? you are just not able to see the boarding - i think ive made a screenshot but i woud not be able to sent it to you with f11 ...

As soon as I'm home I will link it in this chat ~ May take 1 day ^^

Captain, when you send a report there are logs included that may help to investigate, so please always send a bug report in case you see something strange that might a bug

Sorry, didn't know - I will do it as soon as I got the bug ingame again.

I actually opened this topic, just to inform you that there is something wrong.

is this point really so? camera angle??

Sorry, didn't know - I will do it as soon as I got the bug ingame again.

I actually opened this topic, just to inform you that there is something wrong.

Well done mate in reporting in the forums, but the F11 function is our best friend to help the Devs.

Every player that is playing is a "Tester" not a "player" for it is EA- EARLY ACCESS!

I have never had that problem myself, but I did have a while back that even when I "X" to capture a vessel, it did not show up.

But that finally corrected too.

So keep up the good work, catch you on the OPEAN SEAS

Edited by Aussie Pastor