Game-Labs Forum

Why not sell extra Econ Slots?

Hey devs. Will it be possible in near future to buy more Econ slots? Let's say 25 slots max per account. 

Each slot $8 USD. at rate - ($40/5 slots).

I am sure there are many people who want this option and have money in their hands waving at you. :D

Type +1 if you agree. 

The problem with that would be that Production Building are tied to Labor Hours.

Even if you had 25 buildings, you would only be able to get resources out of 5 or so of them on a given day.

They would have to add Production Hours, and it would be tied to each building rather than the character.

Yeah just let us buy more econ slots and more labor hours through cash shop. 

After all, it's what people with multiple accounts already do. I don't see how it is "pay to win", you're not winning by crafting ships. 

I am pretty disappointed that there is no gameplay in the economy due to the labor hour restriction.

I know people who got 3 or more accounts. $40x3=15 slots or $40x5=25 slots. Why not make life easier? and just add option to buy extra slots instead of game. 

$8x25 slots=$200

5x$40=$200 or 5 game copies

Labor hour restriction is a bad move on dev side. They could make lots of money faster by implementing slot expansion option. 

Is it Pay to win?  -> Craft more ships, help your nation and new players. Have fleets in all regions and be able to respond to any threats at any time with quality battle ready ships. 

i mean if they are sticking to their guns on the Alt account exploit being ok then fine get the micro transactions rolling but if they are not fine with the Alt exploitation going on then no

Adding Econ slot Expansion will reduce extra Alt numbers.

I still think this would still give paying players a notable advantage. Paying players could potentially out-produce non-playing players, and hold stronger positions in the economy. They could technically self-produce all of their resources en masse. 

One of the best things about Naval Action is that we have a strong reputation as a respected, fair and mature community, with the game giving everyone a fairly equal chance (of course, there's the yacht but its fairly equal) to build up their strength and do well in the game. I think adding micro-transactions when the game already costs $40 would not only give payers an advantage, but damage our reputation as well. I don't think microtransactions are what we are.

There will be premium ships you can redeem over and over.

This would be the same thing, except the gameplay to obtain the ship would still be required.

It's by any means lighter on the p2w scale than flat out redeeming premium ships

There are no Premium Ships and there won't be Premium ships. Only ship skins as we like to call it. Balance will remain on all ships. 

I don't like the idea myself but regardless of that the econ is still too much in flux for this to be an option currently. You wouldn't want to pay for something that may not be there in the future or in a drastically different form.

Well, remove Econ and this game will go down hill. Half of my clan are ship builders and they will be very unhappy if you mess with their hobby. :D Econ is a part of a game that needs to be invested in, not removed. 

Is it Pay to win?  -> Craft more ships, help your nation and new players. Have fleets in all regions and be able to respond to any threats at any time with quality battle ready ships. 

The question you have to ask about pay to win, "is it power?"

If you are selling power, it is probably is pay to win.  If your not, it isn't.  At least that's my definition.

Some argue that because you can get everything you can buy, just slower. it's not pay to win. Then it becomes a question of how much power can you buy?  Can you buy an extra 10%, 20%, 80%, absolutely have to do it to be competitive?

When does advantage become "win"?

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

because it would not stop with just that. when a game opens up buying ingame items with real money the at some point it would to the possiblity to by speciel ships which would give an unfair advantage for those players with the abity to use a lot of money

You mean Ship Skins? They will have same specs as their Crafted brothers and Sisters. Developers said it many times, there will be no Premium ultra Powerful ships. You will be able to get Same spec ship, but different look and that's all. 

The question you have to ask about pay to win, "is it power?"

If you are selling power, it is probably is pay to win.  If your not, it isn't.  At least that's my definition.

Some argue that because you can get everything you can buy, just slower. it's not pay to win. Then it becomes a question of how much power can you buy?  Can you buy an extra 10%, 20%, 80%, absolutely have to do it to be competitive?

When does advantage become "win"?

There is really none. It's just a short cut for a regular ship builder who want's to start production for his Nation faster and on much larger scale. This can be beneficial for small nations as well. Crafters will be able to produce much more high quality ships in shorter time and make sure players are well supplied with them. So, their Nation can defend their ports more efficiently. Also, reduces fear factor - oh S*** I am afraid to loose my ship I will just Fleet.