Game-Labs Forum

Can we remove the contract taxes now please?

Well that or at least lower it.  In the new system sellers are constantly pulling contracts to under bid each other.  This not only lowers our prices, but makes us pay a fee every time we have to relist a product.

It feels a bit too punitive right now with the system like it currently is.

For example, I had to relist my hemp 3 times to sell it last night, because of good old fashion capitalism (this I like).

Let's just lower the tax to maybe 1% or remove it.

That is my 0.2 anyway.

This is an important money sink.  If everything is a faucet, then there will be massive inflation.

Explain why ?

Taxing the same item again and again even if it never sells........ raises costs.......it doesn't lower them.

Inflation is when prices go up.......not down.

Raising costs increases inflation.......so lowering cost's would........

And where in the real world economy do you see a tax system like the one we have on sell contracts ?

And why would you not ever see a tax system like this.

If it's a money sink you want Prater then how about having one that makes sense, like having to craft supplies, ship repairs, cannon shot or one of dozens of other things that might have been needed in 18th century naval combat.

Or, how about charging the tax like it's really done.......at the point of sale.

Lol........I can't figure out why nobody's thought of that.

I just about stopped playing the relisting & tax game a while ago, more profitable to sink ships.

And if I do, it will not be where there's lots of competition.........lol, that's quite the expensive merry go round.

So what happens to price's when you have less competition because of an oppressive tax designed to punish competition..........can anybody guess ?

Edited by Bert Beard

nah the supply of money was dramatically increased with the big patch, we need more money sinks not fewer, if anything raise it to 10% to match the ship shop

Why do you think taxing an item over and over to relist without it even selling is a good way to do things ?

So good that the tax needs to go up......not get changed.

Captain, do you even sell things using the contract system ?

Or have you ever used a tax system in an mmo that functions like the real world.......so you can see the difference between one that allows the economy to grow and one that suppresses the economy.

Would you want a tax system like we have in Naval Action....... in the real world.

Do you even care what happens with the economy in Naval Action ?

Were trying to create an economic system that will be as good as other aspects of Naval Action.

That takes some good ideas and thoughtful discussion.

Edited by Bert Beard

This is an important money sink.  If everything is a faucet, then there will be massive inflation.

Hang on a minute.

Contract costs are minuscule. The game already has massive inflation and nothing can stop it because all the money sinks are optional.

Contract taxes do prevent every player from making dozens of them in each port, however.

Hang on a minute.

Contract costs are minuscule. The game already has massive inflation and nothing can stop it because all the money sinks are optional.

Contract taxes do prevent every player from making dozens of them in each port, however.

They are minuscule ?

it's 5% ........every time you list.

If it's only once then that's not bad, but after relisting the same item 2 or 3 times it begins to add up.

If the market price is high already then the tax is minuscule.

But in a competitive port prices usually are not high and profit margins can be less than 50%

In a competitive port you might relist 3 times or more and then about a 1/3 of your profit ( or more ) has gone away in taxes.

It's this constant undercutting that get's expensive for the seller.......sometimes it's the taxman that makes most of the profit.

If you don't play the game like everyone else......undercutting the next guy, then how much will you sell at a higher price.

How about a system like we have in the real world.....where the tax is applied when the item sells.

There's also an example of a system of buying and selling in an mmo like Naval Action that works quite well.......it's the "Shops" in Pirates of the Burning Sea.

Edited by Bert Beard