Game-Labs Forum

Close mission to all, not only to friends

Hi, the situation in mission are being ridiculous. Entires pirates fleet can join and sink your friend in front of your eyes, and you can't help him if you not joined as a group from mission start.

Today a pirate trincomalee joined one mission of a dutch player in PvP2 and sunk him (1 trincomalee of player VS 2 Renomméé AI and pirate human Trincomalee). I were not able to enter because I were a friend, and not an enemy.

Similar thing appened some hours late with same pirate Trincomalee entered in a mission of a dutch Snow (very balanced battle).

So? Or all can join mission or nobody! Or, at maximum, to avoid friends palyer can enter and steal XP points, you can make a request system. For example: friend click to join, and the player who's into mission can accept or not his joining.

Actual system is ridiculous

• Like 3

Open mission to friends instead with no exp for damaging or killing NPC ships in

Not a good idea in my opinion because is funny and good to do some mission together with friends and maybe try to sink big ships, having all a good part of XP. I think the system of group entering is good but or they close join to enemies or make this sistem of requesting for joining other's missions

• Like 1

#1 minute timers...

... will fix everything. We need no other rules. If you're within visual range of a battle commencing you'll be able to join unless you're way off leeward.

It's very understandable that players get frustrated when the enemy has a 10 minute ganking window while their close by allies can't. 1mintimers fixes this.

Frustrated when "allies" messes up your mission? Wait until noone is close by, click in, enjoy your bots in peace. 1mintimers fixes this.

Frustrated when you start a fight and 2 minutes later a bunch of trincos come crashing in and ruins everybody's day? 1mintimers fixes this.

Think it's unrealistic that you can't asses the threats when sailing on the OW? 1mintimers.

Want to be able to truly pick your fights? 1mintimers.

• Like 7

#1 minute timers...

... will fix everything. We need no other rules. If you're within visual range of a battle commencing you'll be able to join unless you're way off leeward.

It's very understandable that players get frustrated when the enemy has a 10 minute ganking window while their close by allies can't. 1mintimers fixes this.

Frustrated when "allies" messes up your mission? Wait until noone is close by, click in, enjoy your bots in peace. 1mintimers fixes this.

Frustrated when you start a fight and 2 minutes later a bunch of trincos come crashing in and ruins everybody's day? 1mintimers fixes this.

Think it's unrealistic that you can't asses the threats when sailing on the OW? 1mintimers.

Want to be able to truly pick your fights? 1mintimers.

Sound like a teleshop add, but good point!

1mintimers fixes this.Frustrated when you start a fight and 2 minutes later a bunch of trincos come crashing in and ruins everybody's day? 1mintimers fixes this.Think it's unrealistic that you can't asses the threats when sailing on the OW? 1mintimers.Want to be able to truly pick your fights? 1mintimers.

+1. I've taken to afking the first ten minutes on missions in the more populated hours. And when I do engage a player, part of my mind is thinking about what to do if a big enemy warps in from beyond the horizon.

Big immersion breaker.

• Like 1

not only can they join the mission battle to gank you, but they can join well after the normal 5min timer for NPC fleets in open world. last night i had 3 tricom's join a mission i was in 9 min after it started!!! really? and again, friends nearby cannot join because of 1, i am not in a party with them, and 2.. even if they were in a party with me it has been MORE THAN 5 MIN!!!!

please fix this, if you are going to limit what can join on the players side, also limit what can join on the NPC side of a mission battle, this is being exploited right now to gank people without any chance of retaliation.

Big immersion breaker.

This is a good point.

There is a bit of an immersion challenge when we have the break between OW and instances. 1 minute timers is the only thing that can try to amend that break. Any timers of more than one minute makes the OW less immersive. Even a 2 min timer means that OW players get a time/distance defying teleport ability into instances and thus fights they wouldn't have reached if the OW was one gigantic instance.

Edited by jodgi

Slightly different suggestion.

Though it is unfortunate your friend got sunk in his mission there does need to be things in this game a solo pirate can do by himself. Hunting mission runners is one of those.

My suggestion: use the BR system. If a lone pirate jumps in and BR is comparable then they fight it out. If a huge fleet jumps in with huge BR then the mission runner should be allowed to exit. Maybe.

I'd like to see.

Joining a mission you become visible to all ( the crossed swords show up ) but if you're of an enemy faction you cannot join.

This should allow group members nearby when starting the mission to join in just like it works at the moment of writing this post.

Still it will tell people that there is an ongoing battle at that point so huge groups cannot just appear from thin air all of a sudden with the intention to gank.

And still this will deny enemies to just casually gank people doing missions. Does however not stop enemies from waiting outside. But doing missions deep in enemy territory should be avoided anyways.

1 minute timers, sure, but why bother with a timer when it will probably work just as if there was no timer at all.

You wouldn't enter a mission with enemies approximately within a 1 minute range - therefor they wouldn't be able to join in anyway.

As it works now it's just frustrating and it hits the wrong place the hardest - the newcomers.

I wouldn't be surprised if this would be the reason some newcomers stop playing after just trying the game out for an hour or two.

Especially when told that friendlies cannot come to their aid when they get ganked.

The system is fine. Don't want players? Go to pve server.

Potbs was a great game until the devs started listening to the players that sunk the most and needed the game to be safer.

Mhmm....well, people pick missions to gain XP, since there's actually quite the grind to gain levels. This is something I suppose some want to do in peace, learning the game at the same time. I really do not see the benefit of making this part harsh.

What would benefit us all would be more players. In that sense, I don't think the choice of potbs to make it safer for new players was what made it bad, it was players that demanded to be granted the ability to club them. And I say that because I belive that thinned out the population.

What that game in the end lacked, and what this game so far need, is more players. With that in mind, resorting to "go pve", "go fish" or "go play something else" just doesn't add up.

You want an empty sea? By all means, make it survival of the fittest. You want a crowded sea? Give players at least some slack.

edit: This game, as was potbs, is a niche game. We have to keep in mind it will not attract the same number of players as alot of other online games.

The only change I would make is allow help to join as well. As long as neither side pops up right on top. It I hardly safe for a player to hang around enemy starting points so consider those players disrupting missions are doing so at some risk. If a nation cannot protect its home waters, the devs should not either.