Game-Labs Forum

Rain for 30 minutes is no fun

From here

http://www.myoutislands.com/bahamas-resorts/weather

Seasons may vary widely in other vacation destinations, but that’s not the case in The Bahamas. Even the rainy season — May through November — rarely offers challenges for visitors. Even the occasional tropical rainstorm is usually short-lived. In fact, The Bahamas have about 340 sunny days a year, and, according to astronauts, the clearest waters in the Caribbean region.

This isn't the bloody English channel we are sailing, turn down the frequency of the rain please.

• Like 2

The first time was awesome the tenth was a downer....but that is the weather for ya.

but it's NOT the weather.  The weather we get in game is pretty accurate if we were sailing around Adak Alaska or some other miserable northern ports.  But we are not sailing around Alaska.  While rain storms can be pretty common in the bahamas (depending on season), fog is almost non-existent.  I think the weather effects are cool but highly inaccurate.  

Edited by Sea Daddy

I live in Florida, which is a pretty good representation of the map in game at the moment. During Spring-Late Fall storms are quit common but hardly last more than 10 minutes, they are usually fast moving and very intense but gone before you can even play a battle in game time.

I like rain. And storms. Fog. Mist. Haze . Overcast. Clouds. And sunshine and blue sky's.

I sailed yesterday on the west coast of Jamaca for a couple hours. It was overcast and little hazy. The next day (in game) the day brightened up with a lot of blue sky and some sun. Still cloudy to the north. I enjoyed it.

• Like 2

Personally I have ZERO issues with rain, fog, night time and any kind of low visibility.  It adds to the game. Since we like a level of realism, navigating in bad weather is just one of these things you need to deal with.

As a pirate, I love the low visibility. I'm able to move around in hostile waters without drawing too much attention and often catch prey that would have seen me coming a mile off. Equally though I also know I can end up running into a fleet of enemy players so it works both ways.

Nothing to see here, move along, move along.

• Like 2

Personally I have ZERO issues with rain, fog, night time and any kind of low visibility. It adds to the game. Since we like a level of realism, navigating in bad weather is just one of these things you need to deal with.

As a pirate, I love the low visibility. I'm able to move around in hostile waters without drawing too much attention and often catch prey that would have seen me coming a mile off. Equally though I also know I can end up running into a fleet of enemy players so it works both

While using a trader snow the low visibly is both good and bad. Sure I cant see a dangerous ship until it is close but it keeps me on my toes. As a prey I am a little more hidden in the haze and it probably helps me because I'm harder to see. In the thick fog and the storms I'm almost invisible.

I also like the bright sunny days with low waves and a brisk wind. Looking across the water for miles and miles.

I hope the devs don't change the weather. Variety is the spice of life.

More and more I would like to see variable areas in the NA world. Some areas more prone to storms. Other areas almost always sunny and bright. Still others with a variety. The PvP warriors could spend lots of time in the sun where they can hunt for battles more easily.

Edit: Oh I would love to see some true darkness - a simulation of moonless nights. Perhaps once per month.

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 1

I have enjoyed the rain. The low visibility just adds challenges to navigation. Last night I was a bit off my dead reckoning and during a rainy storm I sailed right past my destination. I used navigation techniques to find my way back and found it, all at night too.

It may or may not be historically accurate but it's a really accurate depiction of sailing where I live.

Maybe an option setting in the final version. Weather: None; Some; Lots; OMG I can't see my boat.....

• Like 1

It's not the length that is the problem. It's the fact it's foggy and rainy far too often right now. 

You and I and everyone else only tend to notice the negative things. When things are good we don't really notice. Like complaining when having to sail up-wind. "I always have to sail up-wind!". I never see people saying that it's awesome clear weather or the wind is at their back.

It's not the length that is the problem. It's the fact it's foggy and rainy far too often right now. 

GEEZ...The fog is crazy! Has anyone ever been to the Caribbean much? Is it always like that? I have been to San Juan PR a few times but I dont ever remember seeing any fog like that.

GEEZ...The fog is crazy! Has anyone ever been to the Caribbean much? Is it always like that? I have been to San Juan PR a few times but I dont ever remember seeing any fog like that.

I think of the area as Naval Action's Open World. It might have been a totally new created world. It was modeled after the Caribbean but not intended to be an exact replica of it.

I hope the Devs use some artistic license to include improvements. Having a variety of weather (rather than predominantly fair weather) makes it interesting.