Game-Labs Forum

Remaining in Port Battle after the end to prevent port flipping and timer setting immediately prior to server reset.

You haven't killed him? ....Ups - your fail.

You have not enough time for capture (server maintance)? ....Ups - your fail.

Wait, how is it the accusor's party fail?

You don't have to kill every single enemy to cap / defend the port. These are the rules. They did not need to kill the guy, and they had no reason not to leave the battle.

And they HAD enough time to cap the port, THEY DID. The problem is someone stayed behind to prolong the existence of the instance until the maintenance. it could be done 15 minutes prior to it or 24h prior to it.

With all due honesty, but your statement is ridiculous.

Wait, how is it the accusor's party fail?

You don't have to kill every single enemy to cap / defend the port. These are the rules. They did not need to kill the guy, and they had no reason not to leave the battle.

And they HAD enough time to cap the port, THEY DID. The problem is someone stayed behind to prolong the existence of the instance until the maintenance. it could be done 15 minutes prior to it or 24h prior to it.

With all due honesty, but your statement is ridiculous.

I ask again, did this ever happen before?

You're asking for punishment of a player because of a newly discovered bug that had detrimental effect on you. That's what I'm seeing here.

He had no reason to leave, he had no reason to stay. It seems you don't belong in an early access alpha game if you get that worked up over this.

Edited by Quineloe

You haven't killed him? ....Ups - your fail.

You have not enough time for capture (server maintance)? ....Ups - your fail.

Why do you wine? Take it easy - it's only a game after all.

port was taken 10 min before downtime,  and won, he remain inside on purpose, thats why he joined alone and remain inside all time 

Quineloe has made it his holy duty to be irritating on the forums. Everyone by now has realized this.

You mean you two guys who are angry Tampico didn't flip over a bug are now "everyone"?

Funny thing is most people here disagree with your calls for punishment of the player. Name someone who agrees with you who isn't with you in the first place. So much for "everyone".

It was a bug. Get over it. It's not like you'll hold that port for very long anyways.

• Like 1

port was taken 10 min before downtime,  and won, he remain inside on purpose, thats why he joined alone and remain inside all time 

It was a bug...that they exploited...I can only assume the choice to exploit it was made with full knowledge as why else would someone stay in an empty instance before the maint instead of porting...

I'd check the chat logs and see if they outed their clever plan in national/private/group chat...and if they did...well a long drop and a sudden stop seems like a fair punishment for those toons

You just like trolling people Quin...I'm glad im not the only one whose noticed..

To detect this bug can only stumbled on it by accident that happened. If someone on such an issue came before, it just really would be known and the community and developers. How was I supposed to know what would happen if no one before me did not face this? I found a very serious bug game and reported it to the developers as it should make any player playing in the alpha version of the game. I am, after the fight, explore the map and location of the towers. This will allow me to better navigate the future. Is it forbidden rules of the game?

dont care if the guy get punished or not he may not know about the bug.

But i ask that the port get flipped to USA since we won, or a refund (since i payd for the flag)  of 450k

It is the transfer of the port under your control and I asked the developers in their bug reports. Do you honestly it was captured. http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/1942-technical-problems-and-bugs/?p=195836

the second report, with exactly the content, was sent to me through the system report a bug in game

Edited by Koxan

This has never happened before. Never. So it's impossible for him to know, unless he actually coded the port battle thing. In which case, good luck asking for punishment for him.

The fact that you insist he might have known this and needs to be punished makes me question how you are getting this idea. In fact, I've repeatedly asked, but apparently asking for the reason why you see fit to punish another player is now "trolling".

Lord Vicious gets it. And he's actually the guy who supplied the flag and wasted a lot of money. The people who rant about punishing the guilty here just tagged along.

8W7q2Ry.png

If this had been a known bug, documented well before yesterday, I'd see your point. But this is the very first time it happened, yet you insist he deliberately exploited a bug no one knew existed. But apparently common sense has to stand back when gamer rage is on.

My last response. This thread will be closed soon, and no punishment will be dealt. Without anyone bothering to read any chat logs. If you're so infuriated about a bug, maybe you should stay away from early access games.

Edited by Quineloe
  • Like 1

This is an unintended side-effect of code designed to protect players from server crashes.  While it is not considered an exploit per-se at this time, I would encourage every player, in the spirit of honor that existed at that time, as well as in the spirit of fair play and good sportsmanship, to exit port battles that have been won/lost promptly before server downtime.

Players who intentionally abuse this side-effect for personal gain could find themselves before the Admiralty explaining themselves.  Please act accordingly.

Thank you to SteelSandwich for pursuing this issue with the Developers and getting the community and answer.  The problem will be looked at in good time.

• Like 3