Game-Labs Forum

PVP2 Aves Pirate Defense Report - Pirates vs. Britain

TwoBeardz

First of all, thank you Sons of Britain and company for a fun night. We enjoyed the Aves defense and ensuing battles, likely one of the largest & heaviest ship fights on the server yet. Full 25 vs. 25.

February 19th the pirates were on defense in the lesser Antilles. Roughly 8:45 -9 EST a conquest flag was purchased by the Dutch for Terre-de-bas (pirate port). The nearest dutch port lies within about a 45 min sail with decent wind (the wind at the time was the worst possible for their trip northeast). We considered this to be merely a flag distraction, however the dutch did end up making an appearance after the conquest flag timer was up. Within an hour of the dutch flag being purchased, a flag was purchased by the British for Aves. Our main force was setup for the defense of Aves - with a rotating force near Terre De Bas - needless to say, the British numbers were matched if not outnumbered as the Brits had used the same tactic we employ with the outside blockading fleet. With Frederiksted being captured, it seemed obvious that an attack on Aves was inevitable. With that being said - we look forward to what ensues as this type of action makes for some fun game play. 

To note: The french also tried taking a pirate port in the same timeframe - likely to capitalize on these attacks. However, the southern pirates [bSO], [FC], and [sIN] - along with TSP/AUS defending the port of Guayaguayare. 

Aves Port Battle Report

Pirate losses: (Rough Estimate - please correct me if I am off): 9 ships lost (1 third rate lost, 1-2 constitutions lost - remaining losses frigates and below)

British losses: Entire Fleet (25) - 4 third rates sunk, fleet consisted of mainly frigate level ships and below with a few constitutions.

Should be a recording up at some point I would imagine

[I] Invictus  reports the outside defense fleet also claimed victories - feel free to report the outside numbers.

Pirates Clans in attendance: [CF] Crimson Flotilla, [OMG] OMG, [I] Invictus. 

British Clan in attendance: [SOB] Sons of Britain

Feel free to correct any portion of this post by replying and I will edit accordingly.

- [CF] Twobeardz

• Like 4

Definitely a good night of fighting.  The French had a lot of fun fighting outside of Aves.

I got lucky and captured OMG Sunshine's Constitution, through some sort of bug.    We were chasing CF Shitbird's 3rd Rate and some pirates came to his defense.  Most of them escaped but Lord Lucifer, Ziggles, and Sunshine were caught/sacrificed themselves.   A lucky shot from my Renommee's 9 pdrs set Ziggles, on fire and his stern magazine detonated damaging a Surprise on our side.   We were trying to board Sunshine as well, but he also caught fire.  It was probably one of my shots again because I got the kill in the results screen.  

Plot twist however,  when the battle was done, I had his constitution as a captured ship.  I am excited to take my new ship out to tank for La Belle France.  

Also, you timeline of events is slightly off.  

• Like 1

Ya, some of the timeline is off.

From a French Purge perspective:

Joint operations informed us to attack a southern port to draw as many pirates from the north as possible. There were some doubts as we knew the Rats were divided by territory but figured we'd draw off screeners at least. Attack on Guadaylalalala was chosen at 9pm est. Long guns chosen for testing and to just plink at range.

While an equalish number of players were there the pirates had much more gun weight. Aves attack started roughly 15 minutes after. After plinking at range for 30 minutes French turned in to brawl but the superior gun weight proved devestating (and we were still getting mauled by towers). Frenches losses were heavy but most of the ships were Cerbs.

With Aves ongoing, phase two was started. French sailed north to rendezvous near Plymouth. The Aves fight had concluded minutes earlier and French scouts detected Pirate forces arriving back at Deseries. Once the three nations of the English, French and Dutch were ready Slamz bought another Aves flag. Knowing how much brotherly loves the pirates have, we knew they'd come back. All three national fleets engaged pirates at will around the island of Aves. Lots of fights and lots of fun.

Personally i was in the above fight and in another scrum were Purges Cerbs and Surprises attempted to kill a pirate third rate but reinforcements arrived and the close tag proved deadly sinking a few of us.

Fun times and Vive la France!

• Like 1

Hello Gentlemen,

I must say I had a wonderful time last night. While I wasn't involved in the northern defense, I did get in on the fun in the south. While I was unable to join the port battle itself, as I was caught by a french screening fleet. The players involved had no clan tags, so I don't know who they answer too, however in the future they may not want to all jump into a single battle, as by sacrificing a single cerb, I allowed 10+ ships to enter the defense and even the number of attackers and defenders. While splitting their forces would have ensured that the pirates would have left the battles alive, it would have given the attackers more time before the defenders would have arrived. 

It should also be noted that after the mayhem up north, we pirates did organize an assault on Saint Joseph and were able to successfully capture the port. Which leaves the results for the evening as:

French:

Ports Gained - 0

Ports Lost - 0

British:

Ports Gained - 0

Ports Lost - 2

Pirates: 

Ports Gained - 2

Ports Lost - 0

Edited by They Call Me Mr. Tibbs
  • Like 2

Invictus killed 10-12 ships on the outside without losing a single ship between the first two engagements, most of the enemies we engaged ended up running. I was not in the last two battles.

We also intercepted the French conquest flag for Aves.

Edited by Cauldronborn

Pirates Clans in attendance: [CF] Crimson Flotilla, [OMG] OMG, [I] Invictus. 

[sR] made an appearance as well, although we got split up between battles.

All in all it was goodfights all around, I think everyone had fun. Very high quality banter ensued after the battle as well.

Were did you get 62?   Can I see the screenshots  :) ?

Did you count Marne's suprise? I personally sunk him to the south of Aves in my Renommee

25 British ships lost in the port battle at Aves, 10 mixed lost outside of the port battle at Aves, 19 ships lost by France at Guagayare port battle, and 9 mixed killed in the final battle outside Aves.

It actually adds up to 63.

25 British ships lost in the port battle at Aves, 10 mixed lost outside of the port battle at Aves, 19 ships lost by France at Guagayare port battle, and 9 mixed killed in the final battle outside Aves.

It actually adds up to 63.

A couple ships escaped Guayaguayare.  I did.

Edited by Michel de Toulouse