Game-Labs Forum

Crafting notes as pvp rewards

So anyone who leaves the grind to look for pvp knows that pvp rewards are a joke. There are many reasons to participate in conquest and port battles but almost no incentive for ow pvp which is where this game really shines.

I propose making crafting notes the reward for ow pvp victories and potentially the only way of getting crafting notes. Let's make ow pvp attractive to people, reward them for the time and effort. Give them a highly valuable reward that can only be gained by pvp.

Don't reject this if your a trader with 2k gold coins in your warehouse.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I was just thinking, maybe not crafting notes, but tokens. Earn enough tokens and you might be able to upgrade a mod you have from one level to the next. Earn even more tokens and maybe you can increase the built in mod slots on a vessel to bring it to the max 3 perm / 5 regular.

• Like 2

Yeah anything like that, I was using crafting notes because they are in the game and it's not so hard for them to modify. Remove crafting notes from crafting menu and add them as a pvp reward, small effort from the devs, huge impact for pvpers

Yeah anything like that, I was using crafting notes because they are in the game and it's not so hard for them to modify. Remove crafting notes from crafting menu and add them as a pvp reward, small effort from the devs, huge impact for pvpers

Sure it will impact players that play PvP, but not only, it will impact a lot more players that craft, and that will make no sense more than being harmful for economy, it is good like it is.

But the idea of tokens for pvp, could be a good things with appropriated balance, reminding the "Mark of victory/War/Trade" from PotBS for sure.

"Crafting notes represent inspiration that a crafter can suddenly get when making ships and write it down. These notes can drop when making a ship.

Sometimes you can capture such crafting notes from enemy captains who found something about their ship and wrote it down. You can use those notes in the construction then."

• Like 2

Sure it will impact players that play PvP, but not only, it will impact a lot more players that craft, and that will make no sense more than being harmful for economy."

What economy? The economy is so fubar at the moment that is not s valid argument. It would have no lasting negative effect on the economy other create more trade between pvpers and crafters. We need pvp rewards! This is a fighting game first and foremost. Encouraging pvp means more ships sink which created more markets for crafters. We need to get people out of fleet grinding and in to pvp but in the present state of the game, doing so just puts you behind on the guys who stayed grinding fleets

So anyone who leaves the grind to look for pvp knows that pvp rewards are a joke. There are many reasons to participate in conquest and port battles but almost no incentive for ow pvp which is where this game really shines.

I propose making crafting notes the reward for ow pvp victories and potentially the only way of getting crafting notes. Let's make ow pvp attractive to people, reward them for the time and effort. Give them a highly valuable reward that can only be gained by pvp.

Don't reject this if your a trader with 2k gold coins in your warehouse.

Thoughts?

no not fair for ever 1 and makes it to easy

• Like 1

??? Crafting should be a nessecity driven by pvp. With no pvp there would/should be little to no need for crafting. The more pvp the higher the demand for crafting.

I don't care about pvp creating the "expensive parts of crafting" but the greater and more important the rewards (such as crafting notes) the more people will pvp which is good for the whole game. At the moment there is no need to pvp, it puts you behind people grinding fleets. Make it important, make it vital! Have rewards that can only be achieved by pvp and boom, people will pvp which means people will buy ships ehich means crafters and traders have a purpose

I propose making crafting notes the reward for ow pvp victories and potentially the only way of getting crafting notes.

Enter endless people farming lowbies in their starter Cutters for crafting notes or pvp medal cash-ins or what have you.

I like the idea of encouraging more OW pvp, absolutely. I'd just be wary of setting it up in such a way as to encourage it while discouraging farming new folks. How to do that? I have no ideas at the moment, but I'm sure there's something out there.

Crafting Notes simulate ship plans, parts plans, and so on. Breaking down ships and overall constructing them is effectively the best way to make them work, although the mechanics ruling them is still under development as you well know, after all we might be in EA but is still Alpha revision phase for all mechanics.

I don't really see the connection of getting a engineering asset through fighting mostly BUT it can be done with the tokens idea to simulate looting ship and captain's documentation. Collect them and "craft" a crafting note.

Enter endless people farming lowbies in their starter Cutters for crafting notes or pvp medal cash-ins or what have you.

I like the idea of encouraging more OW pvp, absolutely. I'd just be wary of setting it up in such a way as to encourage it while discouraging farming new folks. How to do that? I have no ideas at the moment, but I'm sure there's something out there.

Any PvP rewards must necessarily be based on BR ratios, and possibly additional restrictions regarding low-level characters and starting areas.

My initial thought was the BR system as well, but with the ability to go anywhere in a free Basic Cutter, where a decent player can easily take out a new player in a larger ship, it kind of throws a wrench into it. Maybe the answer there is to have the system only reward successful PvP encounters where the vanquished foe is of a certain rank and the winner is NOT in a Basic Cutter. You can certainly sail an ordinary captured or crafted Cutter, but not the freebie. The reason I say of a certain rank is that once you've hit 2nd or 3rd, which happens quickly, then even if you're still new you should still be experienced enough to understand the risks. However if you destroy someone of an appropriate rank that's sailing a Basic Cutter then it's fair game, because they obviously chose that ship for a reason. That way you'd still be rewarded for fighting off people trolling about in the freebie ships, but they'd get nothing in return for the attempt beyond the gold and xp.

Sorry, but if you want to PvP battle focused game, you should try World of Warships. This game is far more than it. Some ppl are more interest in battles, other in trading or crafting and eventually go for PvP. If you put all rewards in PvP, you taking importance for crafters and trading players. Anyway, the token idea is pretty good (if no changing the crafting the way it is).