Game-Labs Forum

[PvP2] Vive La France

Slamz

This is all a clever ploy by Scrump Industrial Enterprises to drive up demand for his ships, as he told us in the meeting "We here at Scrump Enterprises are all about the long game!"

Edited by Poe
  • Like 2

So finally done shooting each other OMG for scientific reasons all day in third rates outside aves? Hit Devil and now you can go back to being french? Sounds legit to me.

Is this that exploit accusation coming around again? Would someone finally substantiate this claim once and for all? I actually had a discussion about that last night with the other leads of CF to figure out if any of our guys had been doing this kind of stuff and no.. but I keep hearing those accusations against pirates and I'm curious.

Is this that exploit accusation coming around again? Would someone finally substantiate this claim once and for all? I actually had a discussion about that last night with the other leads of CF to figure out if any of our guys had been doing this kind of stuff and no.. but I keep hearing those accusations against pirates and I'm curious.

Only thing I saw on it was that the developers rolled back a bunch of guys on pvp1 who the recorded battle metrics caught doing it.  I assuming its something they still have a thumb on and that its just kids making noise at this point.

I got a good chuckle talking to an OMG convert last night.  He asked which LMN member was the official diplomat for intra-nation diplomacy.  I laughed, and explained to him that "we all wear all the hats" and the "diplomacy" within France goes like this...."We're hunting in this region tonight.  Where are your guys going to be patrolling?....Cool, we'll let you know if there are good targets around there and vis versa.  Cool! Happy Hunting!"  Diplomacy done.  Each clan operates independently and co-operatively within the grand strategy that we have (thanks to the actions of pirates, that grand strategy is very clear) and if one group doesn't have the number to operate independently that night, they find out what the other clans are doing and support that.  #nodrama

• Like 1

I got a good chuckle talking to an OMG convert last night.  He asked which LMN member was the official diplomat for intra-nation diplomacy.  I laughed, and explained to him that "we all wear all the hats" and the "diplomacy" within France goes like this...."We're hunting in this region tonight.  Where are your guys going to be patrolling?....Cool, we'll let you know if there are good targets around there and vis versa.  Cool! Happy Hunting!"  Diplomacy done.  Each clan operates independently and co-operatively within the grand strategy that we have (thanks to the actions of pirates, that grand strategy is very clear) and if one group doesn't have the number to operate independently that night, they find out what the other clans are doing and support that.  #nodrama

That works when you have a handful of people to manage. Try that when you have 250 members between all organized clans. Would be nice to make it simple, but we're way past the "familly size" nation. 

I got a good chuckle talking to an OMG convert last night.  He asked which LMN member was the official diplomat for intra-nation diplomacy.

Was probably Che, he just wanted to know who was going to get mad when we start shooting "allies".

That works when you have a handful of people to manage. Try that when you have 250 members between all organized clans. Would be nice to make it simple, but we're way past the "familly size" nation. 

There's probably a very interesting conversation to be had around "MMORPGs and leadership styles". The Purge has played a lot of games and found itself in both very small and very zergy communities and I would suggest the formula is always the same: keep your plans simple; only really plan for what you can do with your own guild; start doing your plan and invite people to join in on it if they feel like it; keep clear of any plan you don't like -- your job is to show them there's a better way, which you must do with your own resources.

This is how guilds grow and how plans get executed and how drama is kept to a minimum.

It can result in multiple factions within a team that are doing contradictory tasks but I find it tends to sort itself out based on results. If my plan sucks and is no fun then the other guy seems to end up with the people and vice versa.

If you're trying to manage 250 people among multiple guilds then you've already made a pretty serious mistake, namely that you are trying to be the manager of people who are not yours to manage. That just leads to drama and headaches. "Leading by committee/democracy" doesn't work well for long either.

Worst case, you come to the conclusion that your team is composed of insufferable idiots who don't know a good idea when they see one but I find that this is rarely the case and more frequently there was a flaw (such as "this plan is awesome but not actually any fun at all" or just "no actually this really is a terrible plan") that was being overlooked by the planner.

• Like 4

First off, you underestimate the unity of the clans.

As for offering ports back around the capital, we never wanted or needed them, we've said this before, and I think a majority of pirates expected the French to come to their senses after 1-2 port caps and would have came back to the table to discuss, but that never happened. This has infuriated several clans and they are now bashing at the French pointlessly. The clans around  Du Roy generally don't even think about the French, that's all behind us, we're jumping on a port here and there because our friends down south helped us when we did the initial push and it's only natural to return the favor.

If any french leader wants to talk, I could probably arrange it. Everyone would need to put a lot of water in their wine for anything to happen though.

1. I think it is clear at this point that you over estimated the Pirate unity. Slamz and Drunken were 100% correct.

2. Do the clans around the Du Roy think about the French now?

3. Just incase after this last weekend anyone on the Pirate side was thinking about talking I thought we should clarify something. At this point I think we can all agree this is a fight to the death and we don't need any further peace talks. I can't speak for all French but Purge will not abide by anything that doesn't include Pirate dots far away from French dots. This includes dots on or around us after map re-set.

Let's just all agree that this grudge match will last as long as their are Pirates and French within proximity of each other. That clarity should make it easier for everyone.

2. There is one clan left around Du Roy and we never had any anymosity vs the French. The two other clans were Invictus and OMG both of which turned their coats.

If you want to know what the pirates around CDR think, might as well ask within your ranks that's where most of them are. Or the Brits perhaps... Most of the guys left around CDR can't crew a Mercury. Have fun sending 10 millions and ganking the noobs :P

If you want to know what the pirates around CDR think, might as well ask within your ranks that's where most of them are. Or the Brits perhaps... Most of the guys left around CDR can't crew a Mercury. Have fun sending 10 millions and ganking the noobs :P

10 million....lolz.  Are you trying to change the narrative to "the French are the Zerg" now?  Our ranks have increased, yes.  We've had 10 or so pirates convert and 10 or so from other nations/new players.  This prolly increased our forces to a grand total of 40ish active and online at any given moment.  Out of the 600-800 online, that still makes us a small nation.  But all our old and new players are indoctrinated with the PvP mindset, thanks to the situation the pirates put us in, that tells us to attack, attack, attack.  Maybe you shouldn't have sent all of your new players to Camp du Roy anyways, but then again you and the other pirate leaders have put your nation is such a spot that no where is "safe" thanks to your masterful diplomacy and superior fighting ability.  :P 

2. There is one clan left around Du Roy and we never had any anymosity vs the French. The two other clans were Invictus and OMG both of which turned their coats.

You jest sir.  "No animosity"?  Really?  Is that why CF_Marne was merrily jumping into missions to sink new players?  Get ready to be flushed out.  Our fleet of Cerbs shall prevail - however "sad" it might look to you (in the words of one of your sunken brethren at the battle of Puerto de Espania, last night).

Edited by TaranisPrime

Not trying to change anything just saying I had too much faith in the core of clans that held the CDR area. Its much more of a pirate failure than a french victory at this point, although I do admire the way you guys held on and never gave up.

Once we secured the CDR area we needed another plan, something to live or die for, and we stalled instead, mostly because we needed the guys down south to be done with the France war...  This is what led to OMG and Invictus leaving... We were just a bunch of fat cats watching the mouse hole while we should have been fighting the Brit dog...

You jest sir.  "No animosity"?  Really?  Is that why CF_Marne was merrily jumping into missions to sink new players?  Get ready to be flushed out.  Our fleet of Cerbs shall prevail!!

Marne is one of our pvp enthousiasts, he's been playing mostly on pvp1 lately. Not sure when you saw him, I haven't seen him in game for weeks.