Game-Labs Forum

green on green friendly gank attempt

Lyteros

Hi,

got a pirate with a snow initiating an attack on me (also pirate), which is game mechanic so far and not the target of this report.

But then one of his friends (same clan) joined the battle on my side, to spawn next to me, and prompty started to fire on my ship with a mixture of chain and normal shots. I assume to get me slowed for his attacking friend.

After several salvoes I managed to outmanouver them and flee.

Attached a Screenshot during one attack salvo. Sadly I didn't know the ingame screenshot command and did overwrite the damage log printscreen with this one... hopefully one will do?

Happend 12.02.16 on PvP 3, local time around 18:50 (see screenshot chat)

post-19639-0-45304000-1455300352_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

im sorry this happened to you but you are a pirate,  pirates are allowed to fight other pirates.   It says this when you pick your faction.

No.  Attacking someone who is green to you in a battle instance is NEVER allowed, no matter who you are.  Once you're put on the same side as someone inside a battle, you MUST NOT shoot them, but instead either aid them in battle or get out of the way and leave.  PERIOD.

• Like 6

unfortunately the player probably didnt understand that the game mechanics didnt allow him to shoot you. as clearly he wanted to join the other side and attack you but the current game mechanic makes that a 50-50 proposal (hmm do i join as (pirate a or pirate b?)  he lucked out and got the wrong pirate side.. hardly his fault that the game mechanic is terrible.

Well in this case the guy was in a trader, I believe the br is 10 for traders and higher for the attacking ships unless they want to use traders themselves for some silly reason. So couldnt he just chose the side with the most br?

Edited by Hawat

Isnt the mechanic that you can only join the defender?

No. When clicking the battle you are given the options, depending on the factions fighting, to join one or the other.

Meaning the one you join is green, and as said no green on green allowed.

Pirates can initiate attacks onto each other in the open world. In battle they cannot hurt friendlies. There you go, simply and dirty.

unfortunately the player probably didnt understand that the game mechanics didnt allow him to shoot you. as clearly he wanted to join the other side and attack you but the current game mechanic makes that a 50-50 proposal (hmm do i join as (pirate a or pirate b?)  he lucked out and got the wrong pirate side.. hardly his fault that the game mechanic is terrible.

If you end up on the "wrong" side, you can simply leave the battle.  There is zero excuse for green on green damage.

• Like 2

but if you end up on the wrong side that has immediately resulted in a detrimental effect on 'your team' because you are now forced to either shoot your clan mate or leave. Leaving your clan mate potentially outmatched.

Poor game mechanic.

Hardly the fault of the game mechanic sir. It wasn't the game who put the player on the wrong side.

well im pretty sure it is. if the choice is to click pirate or pirate and the br were same/similar... you're taking a punt 

there should be a little indicator on one side if one of your group/clan members is in that battle so you wont join the wrong side. Or maybe they already have this in the game. Not sure though. Or at least make it so group/clan members can't join the opposite side.

There will be a fix to hot pirate on pirate action when it comes up in the to-do list I'm sure.  :)   It's not supposed to be that way, but for now it just is.  Longer term, I'm not sure how to indicate which side you should join for pirates, there have been some pretty good suggestions in here though.  :)

Yep, I've seen many pirate v pirate battles around Mortimer. Mostly just noobs in basic cutters, but whenever I've joined one, there's never been the ability to chose a side. Always I am automatically put on the defenders side which suits me fine.

As many have said, green on green is against the rules however I would bet my supply of rum on it that many new players don't know this. There needs to be some kind of warning flash up.  Maybe that's in already?

Yep, I've seen many pirate v pirate battles around Mortimer. Mostly just noobs in basic cutters, but whenever I've joined one, there's never been the ability to chose a side. Always I am automatically put on the defenders side which suits me fine.

As many have said, green on green is against the rules however I would bet my supply of rum on it that many new players don't know this. There needs to be some kind of warning flash up.  Maybe that's in already?

And not just new players. many players don't visit these forums and even of those who do, they would need to have read the specific thread in the specific forum.

No.  Attacking someone who is green to you in a battle instance is NEVER allowed, no matter who you are.  Once you're put on the same side as someone inside a battle, you MUST NOT shoot them, but instead either aid them in battle or get out of the way and leave.  PERIOD.

What if its used to go pirate. Can a US player jump into a battle with another US player and attack him green on green in order to turn pirate?

actually it doesnt even give you that option, you are forced to the defender (B) side

Pretty sure he was not confused since both came in OW and follwed, both in the same clan.

I am pretty sure I did explain for them, in the open pirate faction chat and the battle instance, that green on green was forbidden. Since it is a while since it happend, not sure it was BEFORE the first salvo was fired though (and of course who believes the guy you're trying to kill...).

Background Information: This was not an isolated incident. The same clan was in similar green fire incidents over the next days (beeing discussed in several instances the pirate faction chat) A few days later, when another such instance was reported (and flamed...) in the pirate faction chat, I even went to the forums and searched for the post explaining the "green on green is forbidden" thing and at least they announced they would not do it anymore, as long as this is the case and you cannot pick sides properly. No idea if they held their word though.

So  they did it despite beeing notified it is not allowed. Pretty sure they would have sunk me anyway, if I had not managed to outmanouver them and got away.