Game-Labs Forum

Auto Pilot - Convenient, Practical, Dangerous

Hi All,

I feel there should be a option to set a sail destination for our ships they will head direct to the port by the shortest route nothing flash, with obvious drawbacks (getting ganked, not using wind well) but allowing people to remove some of the tedium of long hauls.

Thoughts?  Those who have played Eve will understand both the benefits and pitfalls.

• Like 1

Aim at a point, full sail, go afk.

Semi-auto-pilot.

Do we need more ?

You are right but having that little bit extra simple auto pilot goes a long way.

The Die hard crafter's / traders will use any spare time to jump on and sneak in a run even at the risk of getting sunk, if it increases trade / commerce i thinks its worth it.

All I do is point my ship where I want to go, move NA to a different monitor and play a different game/watch netflix/do something else. Every so often the game notifies me that I'm gonna get logged out soon, I tab back in, move, tab out, repeat.

• Like 2

Aim at a point, full sail, go afk.

Semi-auto-pilot.

Do we need more ?

to be true... no auto log-off when ship is saling ....

and  some sound advices (land in front, new enemy sail)  would be useful for afk voyagers  ^_^

I would like that if it was on pre-defined routes instead of straight-line point'n'sail. As in - "forcing" people using auto sail to follow established routes along the coasts and main naval arteries. That would also give it a reason to exist, and maybe only then allow for no AFK-kick and the alarm notifications mentioned above?

The reason being - to make traveling both less a pain and actually promote more visible player traffic, creation of heavy traffic places and such. Great for PvP, hunting and stuff like that.

• Like 2

I would like that if it was on pre-defined routes instead of straight-line point'n'sail. As in - "forcing" people using auto sail to follow established routes along the coasts and main naval arteries. That would also give it a reason to exist, and maybe only then allow for no AFK-kick and the alarm notifications mentioned above?

The reason being - to make traveling both less a pain and actually promote more visible player traffic, creation of heavy traffic places and such. Great for PvP, hunting and stuff like that.

As in using the AI routes ? Could work.

• Like 1

replace teleporting with an AI navigation system that can happen while offline

AI has full control of ship to set course and navigate just like the NPC roamers.  If somebody engages your boat while you are offline in open world, the AI attempts to fight for you like an NPC battle

the trip has risk, trading is exposed to piracy, no more sailing massive ships behind enemy lines without exposing yourself to interception.

replace teleporting with an AI navigation system that can happen while offline

AI has full control of ship to set course and navigate just like the NPC roamers.  If somebody engages your boat while you are offline in open world, the AI attempts to fight for you like an NPC battle

the trip has risk, trading is exposed to piracy, no more sailing massive ships behind enemy lines without exposing yourself to interception.

I've been asking for exactly this for a while now. I think it's a good idea.

• Like 1