Game-Labs Forum

Beautiful Early American Frigate USS Virginia 1776

She will be a very interesting ship.

Lesser guns but greater caliber could make her fit very well into the >=200 men ships. (Master & Commander rank)

She kinda looks like a smaller brother to the Cerberus judging from her design.

Did she mount svivel guns btw?

once your done with the headrails can we have a few screenies on hw you did them?

I am eager to know since my own model is at that exact point. And I wonder about a thing or two.

Also I like looking at screenshots ;)

I shall indeed sir.. i find the head rails and head timbers one of the hardest sections to build.... i am thinking of making a series of tutorials , however I dont have much time  and i have a strong welsh accent!!

• 3 weeks later...

Aesthetically for sure. The Continental Navy had some really beautiful ships (Confederacy, Hancock, Virgina), the prize for the most elegant frigates built in the 1770s/80s goes to the danish Perlen and Christiania imo, though. Closely followed by the british ship-sloops based on the Amazon and the american Hancock.

OT: very nice job, ragnar, keep the pictures coming!

I agree that the early American frigates were beautiful , and all very different from one another the US navy had not decided upon a style of its own so their designs vary greatly between the ships... Virginia while a war ship reminds me of a merchant man for some reason (im not sure why).... as for most elegant frigates  my personal favorite is HMS Minerva 1780......   

post-6960-0-84814600-1459947512_thumb.jpg

post-6960-0-63119000-1459947519_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...