Game-Labs Forum

Beautiful Early American Frigate USS Virginia 1776

This is the USS Virginia launched in 1776 and although the plans list her as a 32 gun frigate she was actually a 28 . Unlike most 28 gun vessels of the time she shipped 12 lb guns instead of the usual 9 lb guns, making her very powerful for her size.

Given her armament and size she was a powerful ship for her time and had she broken the British blockade could have been a thorn in the side of the British.

It is a great pity that her captain was such a coward and fled the ship when faced with HMS Emerald (32 gun commanded by Captain Caldwell ). Her demoralized crew surrendered her without a fight.

It would be very nice to see how she would have preformed in actual combat against a British 32 like HMS Emerald.

post-6960-0-41649800-1453976307_thumb.jpg

post-6960-0-94181600-1453976450_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Glad to be of help sir!Looking forward to the completion of the Virginia :)

I should also add that the website that i got the picture from mentioned that the model is near completion so the model might be unpainted.The current colour could be the colour of the material used to built it.

I thought that i should let you know.At the end its your choice! :D

I came across it as well but i wasn't sure if i should post it or not since they weren't of the same class or anything.(at least that is what threedecks is saying, my knowledge on this is limited)

But if you want my personal opinion i am not really a fan of the white paint scheme :P