Game-Labs Forum
Wyy

Tooltip on loading screens

I am all for historical or nautical terms. Games are part of our culture now and can/should also be educational. We all should take the chance to learn something :D

A list with keywords and their meaning could be placed somewhere in the menu or the tutorial or maybe the word in question could be described directly below the tooltip. In almost every game you have to learn new terms or you automatically learn them over the time you play it. If I had no knowledge about Dota I wouldn't understand a thing if I would listen to a conversation about it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cecil Selous said:

I am all for historical or nautical terms. Games are part of our culture now and can/should also be educational. We all should take the chance to learn something :D

A list with keywords and their meaning could be placed somewhere in the menu or the tutorial or maybe the word in question could be described directly below the tooltip. In almost every game you have to learn new terms or you automatically learn them over the time you play it. If I had no knowledge about Dota I wouldn't understand a thing if I would listen to a conversation about it. 

My point exactly. Education is important across all media.

3 hours ago, admin said:

it does not have enough.. but some tips could be added of course.

Please propose
References ideas
Tips ideas

add paper texture to the whole screen area, leaving it black looks weird. 

3 hours ago, rediii said:

Unbenannt.png

could photoshop the pictures to some age of sail era drawings :)