Game-Labs Forum

No mission awareness

Thonys

for doing some pvp on hunting, suddenly i saw a single ship at shroud cay 

i decided to attack a ship( a heavy rattle) for doing battle

when the initial counter for attack was done, i suddenly ended up in a battle (mission) with 3 other ships

A. first i did not know nassau mission was on 

B. i did not select the special mission  .....

C . i was not notified i was in a mission 

D i was not aware of this mission until i saw a timer (outside battle aria)

E .suddenly i was outside a battle circle,  without any option to sail back (wind direction) (ftw) (awareness red timer also) and after 2 minutes before i instant sunk i saw a white circle

F in OW at that mission aria, there was no notification in the screen at all , ( but  it seems a  mission aria in the mission tab after looking  at the mission tab .  (like we have in reinforced aria, we get a green text active  )

conclusion :

players who do not want to do that kind of mission, are FORCED to do battle in a  FORCED mission what is not the choice of the player.

just because they sail at that moment,   in a aria what was hidden from the player (i did not know or was aware, the (any) aria has changed ) 

the awareness in that aria is for normal pvp is underperforming.

if a player does not select the mission button it should not be a active player in that kind of mission (what is a death match)

i had a word for it when sunk out of battle zone : ( BULSJIT) ....( +f 11 and  for alt report aswell)

Edited by Thonys

Captain, there is a warning that you are within patrol area:

N4B4Yr4.png

The warning was added in patch 21

Players passing by through patrol area without active mission will be warned that they are in patrol area.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Ink said:

N4B4Yr4.png

I think that combined with a message that flashes across your screen would be more appropriate. Sometimes us players just dont look at that part of our screen when we are on the high seas not scanning the horizon as critically as we do when we are getting near ports.

Is it really so hard to just check what patrol mission is up? Not like much else is going on in NA anyways? But I think you should get the mission automatically as active... it makes no sense that you have to activate it every time and also it would show anyone the Patrol zone on the map by default.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Ink said:

N4B4Yr4.png

@Ink

i am not satisfied with the answer you gave me on this matter, 

like i said: and  here is the evidence at shroud cay is no hot zone awareness (nothing to see: when nassau mission was active)

79CD509E668DAEC01F18C88240CD4024F343272F

at shroud cay i saw a player going to the north 

i pursued him and as a good captain i focussed  on his movements . (and only to see that ship for moving in other directions ,for interception course)

when the ship was between the 2 islands above shroud cay i could make a tag on that player and i was in the white tag circle filling the whole screen 

perhaps and i assume than the hot zone became active but the awareness for that white font did not made me aware of A borderzone conflict.

in the white tag circle....

Perhaps the white font fades away (i don't know i was certainly not warned by it )

. Perhaps a thick RED awareness would make me aware of it, ( Nassau patrol  hot zone aria)

or blinking fonts 2x ./(to draw attention)

or when the battle starts under the  battle start  countdown timer  , a warning: "You are  in a deathmatch mission "

i still think it is a issue,  what is underperforming in this battle mechanic.

because the battle we expect is not the battle what players get , and what kind of battle, players supposed to be pulled into .

Edited by Thonys

Sry guy, I don't want to have blinking or big red messages on my screen. The information of patrol zones are the same, than in reinforcement zones, and sometimes you pass the border of the zone by clicking. Shit happens.

The only additional information could be "target in patrol zone" like it's in reinforcement.

• Like 3