Game-Labs Forum

Improve Uncontested Port Battles

There needs to be a mechanic to allow uncontested PBs to end quicker. We had a PB at Jobe tonight that was uncontested. 3 US ships joined part way through and all promptly left within 4 minutes. So here is my suggestion:

• If either team holds all 3 cap points, and there are no active ships on the opposite team, start a 5 minute timer to instantly end the PB in a victory for the team that has all 3 points

By active ships I mean: no enemy ships at all, all escaped, or all sank

• Like 2

That was the mistake of the attacking clan not knowing how to do port battles.  They didn't add the right clans so most of them where all locked out from being able to join the port battle.  That why we keep telling them to do some shallows.  I think they learned a leason which would of been even bigger if they had made it into the port.  

If you cap all circles it only takes 20 mins to cap out an uncontested port battle.  

• Like 1

I'd say if the enemy doesn't arrive in 15 minutes - battle is forfeit and won by whoever arrived.

Also remove AI defenders from neutral ports and the need to increase hostility. A simply 'We want to take this port' button, a pvp circle for anyone interested in taking it for 2 hours, whoever gets the most points gets the port.

Edited by Le Raf Boom
  • Like 3

Shit happens, I think everyone on this forum understands that. Don't get me wrong, we were a little frustrated and let down, one of our guys woke up at 5am for it. In the end, it was just wasted time. That is why I made the suggestion. Why waste even more of peoples time when it is obvious what the conclusion is going to be? Why make them sit there 20 minutes to get the 1k points? With my suggestion that becomes only 5.

Bringing up the Jobe PB tonight wasn't meant to target you guys, it was just an example of that it happened. It sure isn't the first time it has happened, and it won't be the last I am sure. It is just something that could be a nice QoL thing.

5 hours ago, Westgate said:

There needs to be a mechanic to allow uncontested PBs to end quicker. We had a PB at Jobe tonight that was uncontested. 3 US ships joined part way through and all promptly left within 4 minutes. So here is my suggestion:

• If either team holds all 3 cap points, and there are no active ships on the opposite team, start a 5 minute timer to instantly end the PB in a victory for the team that has all 3 points

By active ships I mean: no enemy ships at all, all escaped, or all sank

but the outside entrance  timer is still running so ...you have to sit it out...

for what i see it is a easy win (there is nothing  to complain at this point)

@admin, [perhaps the entrance timer should be visible in the right upper corner in battle>  if it runs out and there is no enemy,... it justifies a speed up perhaps]

Edited by Thonys

5 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

That was the mistake of the attacking clan not knowing how to do port battles.  They didn't add the right clans so most of them where all locked out from being able to join the port battle.  That why we keep telling them to do some shallows.  I think they learned a leason which would of been even bigger if they had made it into the port.  

If you cap all circles it only takes 20 mins to cap out an uncontested port battle.  

32 - there's a 10 min delay on the circle capture and you need to get there too..

20 hours ago, Lars Kjaer said:

32 - there's a 10 min delay on the circle capture and you need to get there too..

ops yah forgot about the 10 min thing.   I think the 30 min timer is more there in case a fleet is late or gets tag but makes it out.  Cause lets be honest if a real fleet gets held up by a screening fleet and than destroys it, they are going to continue to a port and take it, not give up cause they are 30 mins late to the show.

Though what I wouldn't mind see is if the attackers mess up or can't show up cause of numbers they can push a button and give up the battle by no show up front so the other team doesn't have to show up and wait for them.  We have flipped a port in a bad time before just off PvP and had no interest to show up for the PB, but the defenders still had to make sure we didn't lie to them and pop in late.   Wasted a bunch of time for the other players when we could of just said we  aren't showing the port will go back into cool down for next flip/port battle.