Game-Labs Forum

I miss freeports!

6 minutes ago, kapteinsnabeltann said:

yeaaaah?=)

That's a whole lot different :), there's open ports everywhere, just not the teleports. So what "we" miss is the teleports, not the ports.

Rio Seco was taken by early Kingdom of Prussia to provide the lack of a "open" port in that coast.

Coquibacoa was kept open by the Dane vikings as a good raider haven in the south.

Maybe more "corsair" clans could do the same approach ?

Note: to be honest, with the Reinforcement Zones, why the need of the freeports anyway... (in a sour mood) ... watching no less than 12 convoys of trade, each of 4 indiamans or assortment of trade vessels and not being able to touch is beyond disheartening. If it would be for the pvp alone why try to "experience the age of sail", i'd be playing some arena CS clone or something...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hethwill said:

That's a whole lot different :), there's open ports everywhere, just not the teleports. So what "we" miss is the teleports, not the ports.

Rio Seco was taken by early Kingdom of Prussia to provide the lack of a "open" port in that coast.

Coquibacoa was kept open by the Dane vikings as a good raider haven in the south.

Maybe more "corsair" clans could do the same approach ?

i dont know what its called, i have been away for 7 months ish. so i dont know what is what. i only miss sailing up there :)

Its not just the teleport - its having a place on that side of the world that we can store ships/goods without fear of the port being taken or closed.