Game-Labs Forum

A letter to Snow Flake, The Truth Hurts

JobaSet

No it isn't. Exactly what you say. Just to point one of the issues:

- If counter-tagged and you are in a definitely faster vessel, then Control should take care of it :)

We can continue and try to construct the mechanics dependencies, might be more constructive.

2 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

No it isn't. Exactly what you say. Just to point one of the issues:

- If counter-tagged and you are in a definitely faster vessel, then Control should take care of it :)

We can continue and try to construct the mechanics dependencies, might be more constructive.

Control has a very limited range, about 1/4, 1/2 of what a cannon ball hit to a sail will do.   With the new 15 sec never have to fight flight mode. You can't hit them anyways. Control Utterly useless atm.  I under stood the signaling when it 1st came out open battle 30 mins and pile in when we had 2 min battle closes man what some epic battles. But what we have now is nowhere close to that (you know how a feel about timers if they want timers equel wait in lobby for battles you should play World of warships in even or close to even fights) Me and a friend just happen to be 2 far apart on a tag of a Connie,  he in a Reno, me in a ingermandland because he in a fast catch boat, I am in a slower hitting boat.  Now I stuck out side of battle,  from a group member how is that reasonable, Plus now he has to fight a connie higher BR and I can't help him and on top of that now I stuck out side alone.

• Like 2

750m :) and I shall disagree. Control is mandatory for me and is far from useless.

Signaling opens a venue of aid if you pile more numbers or more guns. Battle stays open for a while, not sure of the timer though.

Squadrons have indeed to adjust their composition to cover a lot of scenarios - from one schooner ( for bracketing ), corvette like the Snake, fast frigates and heavy hitter acting command. I don't see that as bad, actually very credible historically.

Also if all the squadron is in the area of battle all are drawn in, right ? What You See Is What You Get :)

5 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

750m :) and I shall disagree. Control is mandatory for me and is far from useless.
OK but the Fight Flight Mode, They are in battle at ###m my 9 ponders go way further than control and I can't reach them heading up wind because the way the wind is blowing. So its an escape for them 100% of the time. 

Signaling opens a venue of aid if you pile more numbers or more guns. Battle stays open for a while, not sure of the timer though.

That would be great if it let you keep close to the same BR and let you keep piling in people. But it dose not work that way.  What ever side has the highest BR excluding NPC. Is what you stuck with.

1. I tag a LVG in my Surprise he runs to a fleet for safety. Got friends out side that can easy deal with the fleet but they can't get in. Can't do anything they Star Trek.
  2. This is 100% aid to the Defenders only.  aid for a lower BR no one else LOL its all about helping the pray not the attackers.  You have to spread out looking for missions and Mission runners.  If you have any hope of finding them. So that magical 2nd circle us useless.  As I said before now, Reno(Group member) ver a Connie in a Fight,  But I can't Join because my Br is to high. So reno can Fight a higher  br and maybe win or run and the Connie Star treks to safety. That is stupid.
  3. I can keep going if you want.  I LOVE THIS GAME.  But I have decided to put my foot down as of late of some of the over the top crying being done (not That you are mate, you make very good points).  The best looking car in the world can have a scratch on it and Still be good. But keep putting scratches on it, and what happens. It same thing here with this game. Naval Action is not a solo game. Dose not mean you can't solo.

As I have Stated it is not just one thing that has compounded this mess it lots and lots of little things

Squadrons have indeed to adjust their composition to cover a lot of scenarios - from one schooner ( for bracketing ), corvette like the Snake, fast frigates and heavy hitter acting command. I don't see that as bad, actually very credible historically.

Again if you are the attacker you are at every disadvantage.  

2 hours ago, JobaSet said:

Naval Action is not a Solo game.  The more friends you have, the better your experience will be in this game. Its better (more fun) to play with a group, than to play with yourself.

This is BS. NA is a multiplayer game that emulates the life of sailors blablabla etc. Ships were sailing "solo" very often. It's the way i like to play, it's part of the game design and i don't care if you don't like it.

2 hours ago, JobaSet said:

You are right should have dumped you into the open world....O wait were you the one in battle screen or one waiting out side.

I've never been waiting, but i happened to take a break after a fight while 2 to 20 people were waiting outside, and i felt sorry for them. It was just bad game design combined with standart human behaviour. Kicking players to open see after battles is no solution. There's no reason for me to risk to be ganked after every duel i play. It would not be realistic, and it would not be a good game mechanism.

Now bring constructive critiscim to the game, with ideas that can work for every playstyles the game was designed for and give up with the rants, the arrogance and the shit talks.

I'm not playing solo, i'm sailing alone in a multiplayer game, i'm playing with my beloved opponents. And i'll keep playing like that so you can paint your ideas about how the game should be on your stupid t-shirt, wear it yourself and look like the fool you are.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Zooloo said:

This is BS. NA is a multiplayer game that emulates the life of sailors blablabla etc. Ships were sailing "solo" very often (nope not really, look it up, they are called trade routs there was someone always behind you in case of problems even if you could not see them). It's the way i like to play, it's part of the game design and i don't care if you don't like it. I don't care how you like to play if it makes you happy I am all for it.  You never complain when it don't go your way do you.

I've never been waiting, but i happened to take a break after a fight while 2 to 20 people were waiting outside, and i felt sorry for them. (Why feel bad, that was part of the game then)It was just bad game design combined with standart human behaviour.(We can agree with this, yea, just bad) Kicking players to open see after battles is no solution.(So let me get this right you want to only be realistic as long as you don't die and or can escape... i heard that some where before) There's no reason for me to risk to be ganked after every duel i play. Why are you in open world if you are dueling, No one duels in open world. Hit missions then Duel mate never lose a ship that way. It would not be realistic, (Again got to repeat, So let me get this right you want to only to be realistic as long as you don't die and or can escape... i heard that some where before) myself and it would not be a good game mechanism.  It is a bad Mechanism, but its what we got, if we could just kill each other open world, what would you do. Image result for care bear t shirt

Now bring constructive critiscim to the game, (I didn't just bring it I brought it and ways to fix it.) with ideas that can work for every playstyles the game was designed for and give up with the rants, the arrogance and the shit talks. The very First Line about Naval Action............ NAVAL ACTION IS AN EXCITING, REALISTIC, AND BEAUTIFULLY DETAILED NAVAL COMBAT GAME IMMERSING PLAYERS INTO THE EXPERIENCE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PERIOD OF NAVAL HISTORY - WHEN SAILING SHIPS RULED THE SEAS. Combat combat Combat.  It is you that seem to think your play style is better than the thousands that have left this game.

I'm not playing solo, i'm sailing alone in a multiplayer game,( This game has it all, hours of nothing BORING with short burst of holy shit man we are all going to die Moments) i'm playing with my beloved opponents.(yea ok) And i'll keep playing like that so you can paint your ideas about how the game should be on your stupid t-shirt, wear it yourself and look like the fool you are.  The people that agree with me here, get their voice drowned out but privileged Snowflakes that can't be wrong and if you disagree with them the first thing they do is start name calling and stomping there feet. Most have stopped playing than to have to deal with it.. So when you and the others, that can't get along with other people constitutive Criticism and with fixes.  You and your friends will be left all alone what you going to do then. 

I don't call anyone names, and i don't like the way you attacked me with this T-shirt crap.

I'm not interested in a duel in a lobby, i want the thrill and immersion of playing the "corsaire way". In a duel room i would only have mirror matchs and it would be boring. In OW i enjoy the pursuits, the challenge of tagging in a good situation, the possible 1v2, 1v3, the opportunity to rescue a friendly trader etc. I don't get that in a duel room. You want me to play in a lobby? You go play in small battles.

About the realism, i'm for a balance between realism and fun, I'm not looking for a pure simulator. The counterganks after battles bring none of those.

48 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

NAVAL ACTION IS AN EXCITING, REALISTIC, AND BEAUTIFULLY DETAILED NAVAL COMBAT GAME IMMERSING PLAYERS INTO THE EXPERIENCE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PERIOD OF NAVAL HISTORY - WHEN SAILING SHIPS RULED THE SEAS. Combat combat Combat.  It is you that seem to think your play style is better than the thousands that have left this game.

So what ? I get a lot of fights. I'm sad that the population is dropping but we won't fix this with counterganks after battles. What we need is a better ROE, a fix for hostility indeed, deleting it is a mistake imo. It should be adjusted so that it truely encourages a mix of PvE and PvP in hostility areas, a better screening system etc...

And.... Combat combat combat, where are you going with this, they didnt implement craft, trade and a (too) large map for us to fight all the time. It's designed to bring us immersion, to make us feel like a ship captain. If all you want is combat all the time, what you need is a lobby based game.

But that's not the point and i'm sure we share views about many aspects of the game development and i agree with some points of the OP.

My problem with you is, well first the way you talk in general and to me in particular, calling people carebears if they don't share your views, in a most insulting way, and your repeated statement that the more friends you have the more fun you get. Well, no, this isn't true. There are several  different ways to enjoy this game. Respect the hunters, respect the dedicated traders and crafters.

48 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

and if you disagree with them the first thing they do is start name calling and stomping there feet. Most have stopped playing than to have to deal with it..

I have never done that, but when i disagreed with you, YOU called me names. So much for your credibility.

Edited by Zooloo
  • Like 4

Good Post Joba...good post indeed.  I see where you, and many more of my fellow mates are coming from.  I only hope with the upcoming wipe and patch that perhaps our fortunes will turn.  You made many good points and it makes you think..."he's bloody right!  That happened to me yesterday!"  I found myself reflecting on my latest sessions in game, well before we found out about an upcoming wipe...you are right my friend, the servers do seem...well... DEAD.  Hardly any life to speak of.... There were times when I would patrol for hours in enemy waters hoping, praying...and praying some more for a PvP contact...only to find nothing but ridiculously over powered NPC fleets with BR of a flipping MILLION!   ? (Another rant, don't get me going on that one...). I feel your pain mate, see where you are coming from.  Guess we will see at the end of April eh?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JobaSet said:

Naval Action is not a Solo game.  The more friends you have, the better your experience will be in this game. Its better (more fun) to play with a group, than to play with yourself.

So simply because that applies to you you assume it to be the same for everyone?

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Zooloo said:

I don't call anyone names, and i don't like the way you attacked me with this T-shirt crap.

You called me Arrogant and a fool in your first post. Didn't like the colo,r Need me to pick you out another.

I'm not interested in a duel in a lobby, i want the thrill and immersion of playing the "corsaire way". In a duel room i would only have mirror matchs and it would be boring. In OW i enjoy the pursuits, the challenge of tagging in a good situation, the possible 1v2, 1v3, the opportunity to rescue a friendly trader etc. I don't get that in a duel room. You want me to play in a lobby? You go play in small battles. I don't want you to do anything other play the game your way be a Man or Woman what ever you are and stop trying to make everyone play your way.

About the realism, i'm for a balance between realism and fun, I'm not looking for a pure simulator. The counterganks after battles bring none of those. Well sorry it dose, Just look up a say the 1st Ironclads sunk in war battle.

So what ? I get a lot of fights. I'm sad that the population is dropping but we won't fix this with counterganks after battles. (Sure didnt fix taken them away)What we need is a better ROE, a fix for hostility indeed, deleting it is a mistake imo. It should be adjusted so that it truely encourages a mix of PvE and PvP in hostility areas, a better screening system etc... But that's not the point and i'm sure we share views about many aspects of the game development.

And.... Combat combat combat, where are you going with this, they didnt implement craft, trade and a (too) large map for us to fight all the time. It's designed to bring us immersion, to make us feel like a ship captain. If all you want is combat all the time, what you need is a lobby based game.

My problem with you is, (Good hope that gives you a reason for something()well first the way you talk in general and to me in particular,(Said don't make comments if you don't agree with me) calling people carebears if they don't share your views,(They are, not a bad name its a fact. I have better names but would get baned I sure) in a most insulting way, and your repeated statement that the more friends you have the more fun you get. Well, no, this isn't true.(Get out of you house and see the world mate it is a Ture fact) There are several  different ways to enjoy this game.(Yep Sure are, and your is what again) Respect the hunters, respect the dedicated traders and crafters. I respect every play type in this game, what I don't respect care bear cry babys on this forum that always get there way

I have never done that, but when i disagreed with you, YOU called me names. So much for your credibility.

Your 1st and last sentence on you very 1st post you called me a name. Get over it mate

Good I am Happy you don't like me, But I made it very clear if you didn't agree with me in the op don't comment you just make it worse.  

5 hours ago, Zooloo said:

Sure let's go back to battlescreen camping... Come on it was the most stupid way to "play" a game i had ever seen. you talk about dumping cargo beeing not realistic - and i agree to this - same applies to players calling counter gank squad with a futuristic radio chat and time warp in open world.

If you dont want a TP back to friendly port then we need a 1/2 min invisibility + not allowed to initiate / join battles.

My first post. For this you put me in this category :

On 31/03/2017 at 8:29 PM, JobaSet said:

Carebear is a slang term that is used to refer to a video gamer who avoids violence and competition, or a video came that has very few violent elements. In the context of game design, a Carebear is usually aimed at a younger audience. (Not really in Naval Action seems mostly older crowd I think)

While this is just not the way i play lol.

10 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

So simply because that applies to you you assume it to be the same for everyone?

Hmm you login to a Multiplayer PVP server with many people on it. and you play by your self. Good on you Mate. have a blast. Keep doing what you do and just reading the forums. Don't cry when you..... what is the word I looking for when I have a friend and you don't in a multiplayer pvp game.  It is at the tip of my tongue. Let me open up one random forum post on here they always say it   

9 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

I'm not interested in a duel in a lobby, i want the thrill and immersion of playing the "corsaire way". In a duel room i would only have mirror matchs and it would be boring. In OW i enjoy the pursuits, the challenge of tagging in a good situation, the possible 1v2, 1v3, the opportunity to rescue a friendly trader etc. I don't get that in a duel room. You want me to play in a lobby? You go play in small battles. I don't want you to do anything other play the game your way be a Man or Woman what ever you are and stop trying to make everyone play your way.

You re just trying to twist what i say. You are the one trying to destroy my playstyle with your "fun = groups" argument.

1 minute ago, Zooloo said:

My first post. For this you put me in this category :

While this is just not the way i play lol.

I didn't put u in any category, I don't judge your play style, Stop trying to make me play like yours is all I am saying

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JobaSet said:

Hmm you login to a Multiplayer PVP server with many people on it. and you play by your self. Good on you Mate. have a blast. Keep doing what you do and just reading the forums. Don't cry when you..... what is the word I looking for when I have a friend and you don't in a multiplayer pvp game.  It is at the tip of my tongue. Let me open up one random forum post on here they always say it   

What is your problem?
I've had plenty of good fights, mainly frigate fights, sometimes even when outnumbered 1v2 or 1v3 Im not afraid to fight (check my youtube)
Don't judge others just because they don't have the same idea on how to play a game like you.
On the otherhand, I've watched your stream now and then, saw you hunting around in the rookie zone in your speedy rattlesnake. Now look: That wouldn't be my goal, to kick out new players by simply smashing them, but hey, do whatever you like, that's the whole point of a sandbox game, to do what you want.
Also by saying "don't comment below this thread if you don't agree with me" on a FORUM where the whole point is to exchange opinons... really? 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Liquicity said:

What is your problem? None
I've had plenty of good fights, mainly frigate fights, sometimes even when outnumbered 1v2 or 1v3 Im not afraid to fight (check my youtube) yes I seen i even follow you
Don't judge others just because they don't have the same idea on how to play a game like you. I am not they are
On the otherhand, I've watched your stream now and then, saw you hunting around in the rookie zone in your speedy rattlesnake. it wass mahogny that super speedy Now look: That wouldn't be my goal, to kick out new players by simply smashing them, but hey, do whatever you like, that's the whole point of a sandbox game, This is not a sand box to do what you want. If i recall almost everyone I killed at sandy point was a rear admiral or 1 less but I give no quarter to anyone so I could have kill some lower players
Also by saying "don't comment below this thread if you don't agree with me" on a FORUM where the whole point is to exchange opinons... there you go see that is how you do it.  exchange of opinions I can do that, but I will also defend them. 

39 minutes ago, Skokauckas said:

Good Post Joba...good post indeed.  I see where you, and many more of my fellow mates are coming from.  I only hope with the upcoming wipe and patch that perhaps our fortunes will turn.  You made many good points and it makes you think..."he's bloody right!  That happened to me yesterday!"  I found myself reflecting on my latest sessions in game, well before we found out about an upcoming wipe...you are right my friend, the servers do seem...well... DEAD.  Hardly any life to speak of.... There were times when I would patrol for hours in enemy waters hoping, praying...and praying some more for a PvP contact...only to find nothing but ridiculously over powered NPC fleets with BR of a flipping MILLION!   ? (Another rant, don't get me going on that one...). I feel your pain mate, see where you are coming from.  Guess we will see at the end of April eh?

Yea,. We all hope it get better, EVERYONE does

30 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

I didn't put u in any category, I don't judge your play style, Stop trying to make me play like yours is all I am saying

You sent me a carebear t-shirt and you don't put me in the carebear category ? You really need to improve your rethorics !

I'm not trying to force you to play the way i do, go hunt in groups it's all good it's a legit part of the game, no problem. You are the one saying players should be kicked out to OW after battles, which would just force me to stop playing. There's just no way i keep on playing if i get ganked after every fight i take near kingston and mortimer town.

All your argumentation is full of self victimising, with stuff like "it's my freedom to give my opinion etc, the forum crowd stomps and insults me" while all you bring are statements that your playstyle is the only valuable one and others should just shut up. While you insult others. You re not going anywhere with this.

See how you call Liqui out because he likes to play solo ? If that's not a cowardly hidden insult what is it?

Yes i like to play solo. I like small fights, i don't want to spend time waiting for friends. I like to be able to go out, take one fight and have a break, without letting anyone down. I like not to be on teamspeak. You insult this approach to the game ? Well there's no talking with someone like you.

Edited by Zooloo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zooloo said:

You sent me a carebear t-shirt and you don't put me in the carebear category ? You really need to improve your rethorics ! Yea prob do 

I'm not trying to force you to play the way i do, go hunt in groups it's all good it's a legit part of the game, no problem. You are the one saying players should be kicked out to OW after battles, which would just force me to stop playing. There's just no way i keep on playing if i get ganked after every fight i take near kingston and mortimer town. Why are you going to places that can get easily get you out numbered. I went somewhere like that I would expect to get ganked after words, and would bring 25 players with me and have epic battles.  See we not so different, I would just bring way more people with me in cases like that. 

All your argumentation is full of self victimising, with stuff like "it's my freedom to give my opinion etc, the forum crowd stomps and insults me" while all you bring are statements that your playstyle is the only valuable one and others should just shut up. While you inuslt others. You re not going anywhere with this. That is your Opinion, you just need stop replying then. and it would be over. But you wont so see you soon

Edited by JobaSet

7 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

I'm not trying to force you to play the way i do, go hunt in groups it's all good it's a legit part of the game, no problem. You are the one saying players should be kicked out to OW after battles, which would just force me to stop playing. There's just no way i keep on playing if i get ganked after every fight i take near kingston and mortimer town. Why are you going to places that can get easily get you out numbered. I went somewhere like that I would expect to get ganked after words, and would bring 25 players with me and have epic battles.  See we not so different, I would just bring way more people with me in cases like that. 

Because this is where most opponents are. There's no legimitate reason for a fleet to magically appear while i'm blind in a battle. I don't mind them joining the battle as long as their spawn distance reflects the time they took to arrive.

Waiting outside in a circle with zero chance to escape ? No thanks.

Edited by Zooloo

9 minutes ago, Zooloo said:

Because this is where most opponents are. There's no legimitate reason for a fleet to magically appear while i'm blind in a battle. I don't mind them joining the battle as long as their spawn distance reflects the time they took to arrive. The problem here is that open world speed is well 2 fast.

Waiting outside in a circle with zero chance to escape ? No thanks.  Think of it as every battle being in a harbor or a inlet or up a river. Many cases of one small battle won that were shorty lost after a retreat was cut off by ships arriving. Battles didn't take 1.5 hours the took days some times. Rut ro Zooloo we came close to agreeing 

14 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

Because this is where most opponents are. There's no legimitate reason for a fleet to magically appear while i'm blind in a battle. I don't mind them joining the battle as long as their spawn distance reflects the time they took to arrive. The problem here is that open world speed is well 2 fast.

Waiting outside in a circle with zero chance to escape ? No thanks.  Think of it as every battle being in a harbor or a inlet or up a river. Many cases of one small battle won that were shorty lost after a retreat was cut off by ships arriving. Battles didn't take 1.5 hours the took days some times. Rut ro Zooloo we came close to agreeing 

Yes we agree on many thinks im very sure of this. Why are we fighting right now ? Because you don't adress the improvements the game needs in a very positive way. And also because i have my nerves and i dont like to receive t-shirts ;) But i'll take the hand you offer and make peace if you want it, i share your frustration with the game problems and we shouldn't escalate like that.

About the RoE, i sugested several time a full open battles system with a spawn distance depending on time of arrival. The later you join the fight the farther you spawn. It would allow big fights, give a chance to the outmatched party to attempt an escape, and the reinforced forces could try to slow the escapers.

Edited by Zooloo
  • Like 3

I agree with Joba when he said that the dynamic of both servers is the same ( very few hardcore pvpers, about 30% average pvpers and the rest carebears) The only difference being the numbers .The  proportion is the same.

This game is a lot better than we think. About a year ago, I played in pvp1 with over 2000 players online and it was great. The game had a lot more limitations back then but they hardly got in the way of you having fun. There was so much to do!!!

All we need is more people, a lot more people!!! If the amount of people avoiding pvp as much as possible decreased it would make it even better.

With 1 durability ships and no upgrades or officer lives, maybe in the long term, people will be less afraid to fight and less afraid of losing their stuff.

Last thing I have to say is get rid of the alliances!!! It killed pvp2  and messed up pvp1 as well (bigger population being the only thing that made it last this long)

• Like 1