Game-Labs Forum

A letter to Snow Flake, The Truth Hurts

JobaSet

3 hours ago, koltes said:

What if group of US players wants to join the fight and take neither side but attack everyone there? With FFA approach they can still join sides inside the battle without hard coded restrictions. In fact if they joined initially to help one group and that group acted like douchebags then the US cold rethink and change their mind and help the other side or again attack both.

The switching sides would be an option only if the battle originally was Pirate vs Pirate which is what I believe creates a FFA battle instead of a 2-sided one. The French v Dane battle would be a Green v Red style. If this is untrue please explain.

10 minutes ago, Raekur said:

The switching sides would be an option only if the battle originally was Pirate vs Pirate which is what I believe creates a FFA battle instead of a 2-sided one. The French v Dane battle would be a Green v Red style. If this is untrue please explain.

No one really knows what the new ROE mechanics will be. We can only guess.
My proposal is independent from this coming patch. It might "agree" with some features coming or might disagree. I dont really know. Proposed FFA should be looked at independently.

16 minutes ago, Borch said:

When it comes to timers though, I'm also againt unlimited join instances. When i join a battle I dont have unlimited time to do it. Sometimes I just have half an hour and then i need to go to work. If instances will be open for the whole 1h 30m it will potentially mean that every battle will last exactly that long (or either i surrender or let opponent sink me which is not fun).

Agreed with everything except this, mate. Can't adjust game for someone who is rushing to work mate. Also if you know you need to go to work start running early and you will get away in just a few mins. Or you will die of course like I had to do many times when I had to run somewhere lol

11 hours ago, koltes said:

Watching you single shooting mast made me thinking...

My ping on PVP1 is averaging 350+. On PVP2 is 200+. Demasting single shooting is nearlly impossible. Somehow even if the aim was perfect I keep missing. Maybe this has something to do with the 30ms ping you have which means its almost instant and mine makes my aim half a second off, dont know.

Ping doesn't matter all that much on na, even for demasting. I get around 200ping(pvpeu and the main server I play on) and i'm one of the best surp duel demasters(I snipe masts a lot and never lost a demast duel). Its just all about practice and eventually you won't notice the ping or the delay when trying to snipe masts

• Like 7

4 hours ago, koltes said:

No one really knows what the new ROE mechanics will be. We can only guess.
My proposal is independent from this coming patch. It might "agree" with some features coming or might disagree. I dont really know. Proposed FFA should be looked at independently.

Actually you can go on test and test Pirate vs Pirate.  The problem is getting more than one or two guys on at once to do so.  Though I think by the end of the week when the tested patch updates we will have plenty on.  Weill need some national testers too cause I want to test a few things out about those FFA and other battles....hint hint hint...lol

The eagerness for symmetrical balance after the scenario has been designed is abysmal retrograde.

Each instance is one battle in a campaign; if you really need to stand above imagine a "infinite" size club with "infinite" number to tables to play battles.

RoE is the battle design - deployment zones, forces in battle, commanders, miniatures. It is rules by a very efficient system of area of attack which will define which forces will be present in that specific battle scenario.

Signaling is akin to "Flank March" rules as used by many wargames. Adds an extra edge but is not definite in the outcome.

A always open scenario for all battles ( let's leave outlaw battles out of the way ) is simply retrograde in the sense it neither promotes a set piece battle ( 1 event in a global campaign ) nor contributes to the 2 essential systems of a simulated combat game - time and distance.

We are missing essential ruleset but is not at the "scenario" level. That is covered in excellence by the RoE in place.

• Like 3