Game-Labs Forum

Labor Hours  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Should labor hours be able to be purchased in port cities?

• Yes, and count towards player's crafting experience.
    • Yes, no crafting xp given to player from those hours.
    • No
    • Maybe, I have a better idea: see below.

I'd say that you should allow players to sell their crafting hour in the shop, as if it was a resource like others.

Instead of trading and bargaining like in a bazar, a player that does not want to use its crafting hours but wants money, simply goes to a city where there are a lot of crafters and puts a sell order on his crafring hours: the hours put in the order remain in his account but cannot be used and are transferred to the account of the buyer once the order is fulfilled.

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

My guild has basically started doing this already -- using crafting hours as a commodity. We have a big spreadsheet designed to make it easier to do this.

For example, if I want an Exceptional Trincomalee, how many mid-grade notes is that worth? In other words, how many labor hours (plus materials) worth of mid-grade notes would be equivalent to an entire ship? I make not just notes for my ship, but additional notes representing labor hours the shipmaker can save on other things.

Someone else could buy a Trincomalee in exchange for large carriages -- again basically trading his labor hours for the ship.

So I would be in favor of players buying and selling labor hours on the market. It would save a whole lot of spreadsheet calculations.

I would not be in favor of buying or selling them to or from NPC sources.

I agree with what Slamz says here.

If it's labor hours being sold by the NPC, I'm against this. If there was a way to sell labor hours that "I" accrued, that would be nice.

Crafting hours are for purchase: By buying goods that other crafters made with their hours.

The only problem with crafting hours is people who just want to solo-craft entire fleets of ships.

People already do this. Having multiple steam accounts and keys of the game. Some players have up to 5 accounts already for their server and can make multiple ships a day at high end equivalent. People will always have a way around labour hour systems. The only really profiting from labour hours atm are those with multiple accounts. So how is it fair someone like me who can't afford to buy multiples of the game can't compete with those who do have that many?

Even the DEVs know they need to fix the crafting system. They have said it and pointed towards how broken and annoying it can be in so many posts it isn't funny. 

I agree with what Slamz says here.

If it's labor hours being sold by the NPC, I'm against this. If there was a way to sell labor hours that "I" accrued, that would be nice.

What about the nations who lack a player base at the moment? How do they craft at the levels those who have many players to buy LH's from compete with bigger nations? Oh i will tell you. They don't. Most players have had to reroll because of this and if they stay they will never see a exceptional crafted 2nd or 3rd let alone a 1st rate ship for close to a year of playing.

Edited by Volcanus