Game-Labs Forum

Sea Lords Marine Francaise (SLMFr) - English Speaking "french faction" players.

• 3 weeks later...

A great bunch of guys that I enjoy playing with, not too serious but very skilled and capable. Certainly need a lot more English speaking players in English time zones to be able to face up to the more common English speaking factions :- Britain, Pirates and America. The French were the superpower of this time period. But when Britain and America are online there is no resistance because of time zone issues. I wish more players would get into the spirit of things when it comes to the underdogs at sea. The French. We tend to choose Napoleon quickly enough when we play land based war games of the period. But for some reason even though the French had some of the best technology and certainly were the only navy capable of taking on Britain, not withstanding perhaps Spain. Not many English speakers have been knowledgeable or brave enough to step up. We need more like minded English players to offer resistance to the dominant factions in the common English speaking time zones. I am not necessarily speaking of people playing in Britain itself. But rather places like where I am. Australia\New Zealand. As well as America, South Africa and all of the European and Asian countries where English is spoken fluently.

We have a very small 3 man Australian squadron at the moment with 3-5-10 casual Australian time zone players.

If anybody wants to play the French - loves the ship designs. It's a game and depending on your view point the French at different times were belligerents, fathers of the modern world and even a major and dominant power over the british navy in the period just before this. Which may eventually be in game. 

We also have American and British or European time zone squadrons. It is a little quiet at the moment though with a lot of us leveled to SOLs and awaiting the next patch.

We cater from casual players who want to group up with a little bit of structure all the way to the ultra hard core crafters and technical sailors.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I am a Marine Francaise player skippering a Niagara who would like to join the English speaking Fleet/Squadron of the Marine Francaise. (Alas, I only speak sufficient French words to allow a Parisian to feel I am friendly and to help me with directions, or a metro ticket. If I were French I would certainly live in Paris. I also speak Italian, but that won't help much, except in mispronouncing French words--which got a laugh from Parisians.)

• Thread name: {Your name} application: What is my 'thread name'?
  • Character or In Game Name: Lannes
  • Age (a range would suffice 20's, 30's etc if you do not wish to be precise.): Senior
  • Rough Geographic Location (UK, USA, Europe etc.): Italy
  • Normal playing times, please specify if local or GMT and if local what timezone (to permit allocation to most appropriate squadron): GMT +1 Can play anytime.
  • Sea Trials In Game Name, if you played before 1/21/2016: No
  • Open World Rank and Ship.: Capitaine de Fregate in Frigate.
  • Gaming Experience (to assess likely ability and potential training requirements): Since 1973-2011 as a 25mm Napoleonic Miniatures player, including naval. Since 2002 as a Total War PC games player. Chess player.
  • A Teamspeak able Mic to be used for the application process and large fleet actions.  General game play doesn't require the mic.: Have Mic will travel.

Merci beaucoup.

Edited by Lannes
  • Like 2

@Hethwill: '... the flying-the-black addiction.' Are there many who want to play as Pirates?

I am Legion !

Actually after being drawn to it for RP purposes I became quite addicted to it, but it might be more of the combative nature of the group itself than anything else. For a OW pvp minded player sitting for hours in port or screens waiting for nothing doesn't cut it.

If anything and need a new course for my character, and if the story doesn't allow a return to the Orange I surely get in touch. May be a little while though.

I can't see any possibility, any button or icon in my signature to browse my computer files for images. The 'image' icon relates to a URL. Can you tell me how you import or copy and paste a picture, without having a command to do it?

I have images in my computer but...?

Edited by Lannes

• 2 weeks later...

Ulysse de Oiron has asked me to add him as friend, but I cannot, for the life of me, find him. Does anyone know him?

He is part of the SMLFr clan and was trying to add you. He was telling me weeks ago he got no response.

Such a shame. We English speakers in the french nation should stick together.

• Like 1

He is part of the SMLFr clan and was trying to add you. He was telling me weeks ago he got no response.

Such a shame. We English speakers in the french nation should stick together.

I tried to find him on forums and on the Fort-Royal French clan, to no avail. Is this the correct spelling: Ulysse de Oiron ?