Game-Labs Forum

Balancing nations

I think there should be some way how to encourage people to play for smaller nations (sn) and make them able to compete big nations.

-add "suggested" to underpopulated nations when creating new character

-bonus money for small nations

-bonus to resources production for sn

-bonus xp for sn (not sure about this)

-reduce cool down of teleport for sn

i dont think this should be done, i think that the reason one should join a nation is because they want to, not because of any bonuses, if that country is small, so be it. we dont want equal players in all nations as it will just end up with a map that is divided extremely equally amongs nations.

• Like 2

No bonuses indeed, but giving players an indication of the nation size wouldn't hurt.

I think that would hurt becuase new players doesnt choose the small nations. That would hurt the smaller nations even more. I want to see how many players that are online in the nation but not how many offline and online.

• Like 1

I think there should be some way how to encourage people to play for smaller nations (sn) and make them able to compete big nations.

-add "suggested" to underpopulated nations when creating new character

This one I have also proposed in the "server names" topic. Make underpopulated servers and nations have a "Receommended" sign.

The rest if your ideas aren't any good imho. You can't "balance" nations by making them "inbalanced" (special traits) in the first place.

I am not worried. When diplomacy starts and we more clearer can see clanmembers in OW then alliances will be formed.The nations with most to gain from alliances are the small once. They will most probably enter such aliances in a foreseeable future. 

I am not worried. When diplomacy starts and we more clearer can see clanmembers in OW then alliances will be formed.The nations with most to gain from alliances are the small once. They will most probably enter such aliances in a foreseeable future. 

alliances have allready formed...

Balancing population is futile.

It's the free-for-all that needs to end.

Nations should be grouped into 2-3 alliances that are hostile to each other. These alliances should be managed according to population, with a preference for history (Spain should be friend with France before the Dutch; Danes and Sweden should ally last of all).

After that some player-led political functionality can be added in slowly. Large guilds scuttling alliances or hiring pirates as agent provocateurs.

This might need to be though through , but perhaps one way of balancing the game is through the use of resources: the smaller the faction, the more concentrated the availability of resources - the more spread out, the more spread out the resources are.

To the extreme: a 1 port nation would have all resources available (granted the prices might be steepend).

Balancing population is futile.

It's the free-for-all that needs to end.

Nations should be grouped into 2-3 alliances that are hostile to each other. These alliances should be managed according to population, with a preference for history (Spain should be friend with France before the Dutch; Danes and Sweden should ally last of all).

After that some player-led political functionality can be added in slowly. Large guilds scuttling alliances or hiring pirates as agent provocateurs.

No, no grouping of alliances, that is what made Uncharted Waters Online's port conquest thing so lame was that it was already balanced and rigged before it even started.  

The Devs however have already proposed an alliance system for the game, where each nation is able to make a limited number of alliances.  I believe it is in their posted development plan.

Each nation should be able to choose their allies through a voting system.  The catch is however nations have a limit to the number of nations that they can be allied with.

For example:

GB currently should not be able to make alliances in PvP 1 due to their sheer numbers.  Americans will be limited to one ally, while all of the other nations will be able to only ally with two other nations.  Pirates are pirates, so no alliances allowed for them.