Game-Labs Forum

Rank 4 and above arent able to hire a Fleet?! >_<

Fleets were causing issues in pvp, so they were kept for new players but disabled for higher level players.  I think the majority of people want:

1.  Fleets kept for players in trade ships

2.  Fleets kept for pve only and disabled in pvp.

This way anyone can have ai, just not in pvp unless you are in a trade ship.

• Like 2

I really think they should enable Fleet for all Ranks again because its more of an epic 3v3 battle instead of a (boring) 1v1 match, I mean dont get me wrong I like 1v1 too, but I have more of an epic feeling when there are more ships, even in PvP, imagine its a 2vs2 match, if it instead could be a 6v6 Battle. I belive it would be an good Feature to keep for all ranks. But ofc they have to implement better Fleet-Ships too instead of only cutter and Lynx xD

Edited by Dante2153
  • Like 1

Well I fought many battles with 1 Fleet-comrade, and yes i sometimes crashed into him, but it only means not to only keep your eyes on the enemy. And if you mean they shoot you because youre next to him, that happend to me only once! and it was just a stray bullet. I dont see any Flaws in keeping a fleet

Edited by Dante2153

Well on my side, I would love to have AI ships in PvP

But how the HELL am i supposed to battle 2 snows at once, with my snow?! I lost a Durability during this Match-up! I would have loved to see an AI Snow by my side at least... damn how the hell am i supposed to do admiralty missions if i have to face off against more than one ship without a fleet, I´m a little "Depressed" now......

Well on my side, I would love to have AI ships in PvP

But how the HELL am i supposed to battle 2 snows at once, with my snow?! I lost a Durability during this Match-up! I would have loved to see an AI Snow by my side at least... damn how the hell am i supposed to do admiralty missions if i have to face off against more than one ship without a fleet, I´m a little "Depressed" now......

If you're facing 2 Snows and are only able to crew a Snow yourself, then I imagine you're taking missions a rank above you, it's not intended for you to do this easily.

There are plenty of times when AI can be on your side in PvP, like when they are reinforcements, or when you jump in to help your own AI vs a player, but OW PvP will be completely ruined if everyone could also bring AI fleets into PvP fights. This would make the PvP battles actually consist of mostly AI ships too, which would be a joke. Surely you can imagine the frustration when you are fighting a player and someone from your Nation joins to "help", but brings AI ships that try to shoot through you and ram you if you don't avoid them. I'd probably just stop playing lol.

I don't understand. Do fleet ships use better AI than NPCs we fight for rewards?
In all threads about AI, everyone talks about how AI is terrible and you can easily game it and win any fight easily.

And in this thread, people claim AI has no place in PVP because it would ruin it?

I don't understand. Do fleet ships use better AI than NPCs we fight for rewards?

In all threads about AI, everyone talks about how AI is terrible and you can easily game it and win any fight easily.

And in this thread, people claim AI has no place in PVP because it would ruin it?

Have you ever tried to have a normal fleet engagement between SoLs when 70% of the vessels are AI snows ramming into everyone and everything?

• Like 2

Have you ever tried to have a normal fleet engagement between SoLs when 70% of the vessels are AI snows ramming into everyone and everything?

No, I assume Snows don't just kill themselves when they ram into a three decker SOL? And they don't just explode when you shoot them?

If they really are more than just a nuisance, I understand why you don't want them in your high stakes PVP fights. They do however sound like a decent thing to have in general. It makes the game very casual friendly when you don't have to rely on strangers to sail with you.

I would love to have my fleet ALWAYS (pve and pvp)

But i do understand that some do not want to see them in pvp.

It would be ok if the fleet auto flees in pvp. (maybe if both sides has fleets, the fleets stay ?)

Anyway I realy want them as add in normal missions (on pvp and pve server)