Game-Labs Forum

Repair kits, far too expensive

All great and well that the repair kits price have raised. But tbh it's starting to just annoy me when I accept three missions, sail to the middle of the sea. Want to go to my next mission but have to go all the way back to port because repair kits are too expensive to waste. Maybe increase repair percentage on repair kits, or make them a little cheaper?

Definitely would oppose that statement. Sure they may seem high, but after a day's sailing and grinding, I've easily made about 200k-400k gold.

Remember ships NEED to cost something to maintain. That way we solve the "everyone having a ship of the line" issue.

• Like 2

Remember ships NEED to cost something to maintain. That way we solve the "everyone having a ship of the line" issue.

What about the whole "ships sink and then they're gone" mechanic?

What's the harm about someone having a ship of the line when they don't use it?

What about the whole "ships sink and then they're gone" mechanic?

What's the harm about someone having a ship of the line when they don't use it?

Well, a guild in that case could store an unlimited amount of 1st rates, see as they don't cost anything except the crafting price, and just Roflstomp everything whenever they please. Guilds and players HAVE to somehow be limited in the amount of Big ships they can have, and the only way to do that is to introduce severe maintanance costs, which would obviously affect every ship along with the big risk element you mentioned in the above quote.

Edited by Monkey Bullet

Well, a guild in that case could store an unlimited amount of 1st rates, see as they don't cost anything except the crafting price, and just Roflstomp everything whenever they please. Guilds and players HAVE to somehow be limited in the amount of Big ships they can have, and the only way to do that is to introduce severe maintanance costs, which would obviously affect every ship along with the big risk element you mentioned in the above quote.

You make it sound like these ships are very cheap and easy to build, and only their repair costs keep their use in check. Is that the case?

You make it sound like these ships are very cheap and easy to build, and only their repair costs keep their use in check. Is that the case?

The superrich in this game can throw them around like candy once the economy gets going. Easy come, easy go.

I'm fairly new player, so right now repair kits are pretty expensive for me because I don't have much reserve gold and what gold I have I need (want) to use on more important things than convenient repairs on the sea. But I see why the sort of high cost of repair kits is necessary ... thanks to the fact that crew regenerates after every battle and "time at sea" doesn't mean anything, the ship repairs are the only limiting factor (and cargo space for loot I guess) for staying on the sea. If you just go for traders that don't / can't fire back then you can capture dozen of them without ever needing to go back to port. With cheaper repair kits it would be pretty much the same thing even when attacking warships, which wouldn't be good. Four repair kits repair your ship to 100% condition, immediately, with no drawback other than the cost. As convenience items for situational use repair kits are good, but they shouldn't be the default go-to option for repairing ship and the price takes care of that.

I'd even be in favor of adding a timer for the repair kit usage on open world map that would prevent instant repair in a few clicks. And maybe even cap the maximum you can achieve by repairs on the sea at 75% (100% repair only available if you sail to harbor and repair your ship there)

The repairs MUST be lowered.That is the true. We are here to enjoy the game. For work, i have one and i came here to enjoy and i dont want stay here working gor pay maintenance. All the people here want a  big ship, do missions with this ship and buy good fittings and make profitable the inversion. If you makes that, the big guilds and the people who rules them will be the only persons who will be able to enjoy big ships.

We pay taxes, we pay for government, we pay for all in real life!!!! Gentlemen, this is a game, one of the best i ha ve ever seen, indeed! please let us enjoy it!

• Like 1