Game-Labs Forum

Is The Niagra A New Ship?

It is a new ship, much like the Mercury Brig, with stern chasers, less Armor (HP), and the option to carry heavier carronades (if they have not changed it since I tested it).  It has 135 crew, so if you can use a Navy Brig or Mercury Brig, you should be able to use this ship.

It's 155 crew now.

Just took it out for a few missions, It's a nimble thing with quite a punch. Feels squishy after my tanked up navy brig though. Might take a bit of getting used to.

• Like 2

It is a great ship to have in a wolfpack - i.e group of small ships hunting lone players in bigger ships. Especially the exceptional one, it is fast, can let the more durable smaller ships distract the bigger ship and swoop in for hit n run broadside with 32lb carronade, that is some brutal firepower for a small ship.

Then why am I able to enter Shallow water ports with it

The designation of ports only matters for port battles.  Otherwise any ship can enter any port if you can get to it.  Many shallow water ports you can get to in deep water ships, because there are channels that you can follow to get to them.  This is an awesome feature in my opinion, because if you know the channels, you can get places most people can't.