Game-Labs Forum

Which nation to choose?

Well with any luck there might be a few more nations to play on teusday, fingers crossed. Doesnt seem to be any annoucements on anything at all going saying whether there will or not. I'm surprised they haven't said that they wont be though. I have a hard time choosing nations too, I'm torn between the British, Dutch and Pirates. Although There is a certain nation I would love to play from their posts on "Future Plans" from a year or so ago

Edited by Fluffy Fishy

Well with any luck there might be a few more nations to play on teusday, fingers crossed. Doesnt seem to be any annoucements on anything at all going saying whether there will or not. I'm surprised they haven't said that they wont be though. I have a hard time choosing nations too, I'm torn between the British, Dutch and Pirates. Although There is a certain nation I would love to play from their posts on "Future Plans" from a year or so ago

There will not be any new nations next week.  Nations are status quo for now.

• Like 1

Well, it's of no use building a world map when the game mechanics themselves currently arent fully develloped.

I really do think adding a European Map would do wonders for draw to the game, would be, The bottlenecks at the straights of dover and gibraltar would make an interesting dynamic too.

I think you will find with the steam release, and a much higher player base, that the dynamics will change. You are sure to have groups or single players exploring the map, and probably won't have to travel too far to find action. You will have crafters and traders working local costs and traveling much further as the local resources dwindle.

As I've not had a chance to play, is there a certain advantage to any particular nation?

For ex I know I read somewhere that if you play as the U.S you have to sail for 2 hours just to do anything.

It's not true that you have to sail for two hours just to do anything with the US. True, the US capital is a bit far away from the most common PvP zones (Tortuga, north coast of Cuba etc.), but you can do all the same PvE stuff off the Carolina coast as you can do in the Antilles. You will always be able to find some PvP action in the Bahamas vs Pirates, which is not much more than 30mins of good sailing away from Charleston, you just have to time your trip with the wind. Or you can just pick up Missions that are on your way and do those while traveling.