Game-Labs Forum

Beginner's Guide - Videos

admin

Topic for video guides for new players.

Naval Action Beginner's Guide by Olav

Please add things you want to be added to the guides in comments. Things you wanted to be explained or we missed.

Feel free to post other good guides in comments 

• Like 10

(perhaps Jodgi can make a better one later ;))

Yes, as time allows. I could do YouTube pretties out of the schematics Doran wrote in his treatise.

In the meantime, if you can do this in your sleep, everything will fall into place for you:

mKmr3gA.gif

Edit: will fix when back at puter.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for putting this up. I just joined alpha testing and it is helpful to have something like this... visual tutorials go into my memory better.    I have only watched the first beginners tutorial, I found it useful to understand what the various buttons are for and the different firing modes, what to fire, when to fire and where to fire.  Its very helpful to learn in this way because you can rewind the video again and again until you have learnt it. :)

• 1 month later...

I would really like to see a video tutorial for demasting, with the unlocked / locked / range options and what size cannons are recommended.

I've seen posts saying "just demast" or it can be done in five shots / minutes.

I've looked for and viewed a few brief explications but nothing dedicated to demasting.

Would someone be kind enough and take the time to show the ropes to beginners :P like myself ?

Thanks.

I would really like to see a video tutorial for demasting, with the unlocked / locked / range options and what size cannons are recommended.

I've seen posts saying "just demast" or it can be done in five shots / minutes.

I've looked for and viewed a few brief explications but nothing dedicated to demasting.

Would someone be kind enough and take the time to show the ropes to beginners :P like myself ?

Thanks.

I could give you a few tips and maybe make a video for it :P

Cannons:

Carronades - Poor

Mediums - Decent

Longs - Best (especially hitting masts)

Best way to slow a ship down is shooting a broadside of chain from the foes bow or stern so you can hit multiple sails at once. This does however slow you down in the chasing process but after a good chain broadside you should be able to chase your foe down with ease. 

Best way to demast is using single shot with long cannons as their dispersion is very low. I also think unlocked sector auto is the best for shooting a mast.

I also noticed it is pretty easy to hit a mast with bow chasers using long cannons.

Hope this helps you out a bit.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...