Game-Labs Forum

pirates of the carribean

after careful analysis of the pirate tactical discussion,i think ive found what this game needs,and the money thousands of people wud pour into this game for the adventure.heres my conclusion,my advice.

1.reduce number of pirate ports down to half dozen or so around matthew town,,the cay and the caicos islands area,south bahamas will be scary pirate waters,,aye!, half deep and shallow ports;

2.shallow ports zone shud reach out enough that a tag from other nations heavy ships is impossible.

3.pirates shud have thier own ships,,the clipper,windjammer and most of all the xebec corsair,polaris,these ships spark imagination,they look piratey too.and the only way any other nation can get one is to board it.,not a lot of armour,cant go toe to toe with the navys by themselves but as a group can give the navys trouble.thus is a way makeing pirate waters dangerous but these ship can fight to run away at 16 knots.i know the corsair was not in the carribean,,so what! we want it any way.this will give pirates an identity,and a long lasting role in imagery,and spark imagination,and inspire people from all over the world to come and play,just to get the chance to slip thru pirate waters,,kids will love this,,and you bet our wallets are going to be open big time for this.becouse that is what the public wants..the pirates of the carribean,,so shall we be.what say you all!

4.tortuga must be in the game.

fun and excitement is the order of the day,in this way pirates will never be op,,just dangerous,in groups ,and pirate waters will be scary,kids and grown up alike will enjoy the thrill slipping thru scary pirate waters,and im sure the talent we have on the pirate side right now, most will be legends in this game,pirates shud be able to econ,fish,boat race,build ships,treasur hunt,,missions as any other nation, as the front page of this game says we may determine  our future,in this way we inspire imagination,excitement,a great role for the pirates to play for the public, just waiting for a truly great online game.people will want to be playing this game ,i belive in this way we will spark thousands of loyal naval action fans from all over the world,and it safe to say that already this world may just be big enough for millions of fans,mmmm you boys may just be driving ferraris sooner than you think,,so get rid of the 18 min day and night and the somber mass look to the game,,and lets have long days and nights,bright sunny days to make people happy,and hunter moons at night,getting people in the right mood is important after a hard days nights at work,,and remember my old saying,,no bucks,,no buck rogers..think about,,,,may the wind be in your sails and a star to steer by,,,vey

this is my vision,of the pirate role here at naval action...vey

Edited by VEYRON
  • Like 1

Tortuga was the name of the island. The city on the island of tortuga was named Basse Terre. 

Tortuga island is in game.

The port was La Tortue and flagged neutral last time I sailed by there in game.  Did it change?  If not, please don't name it Basse Terre.  Too damn many places named Basse Terre!

I actually wouldn't mind pirates if they were as he describes them here, but I would put the odd pirate port here and there throughout the map. No reason to lock them out of other map areas completely. With some adjustment, these ideas could work. It's all ways fun to have some cannon fodder rats in the mix ;)

We already have the "Clippers" that are applicable to the game's time period - Lynx and her ilk.  If you mean the larger Clipper Ships of the mid-1800's, they don't make any sense for pirates - they're huge cargo carrying vessels that came after the game's cutoff point.

With regards to shallows, I'd recommend the pirates take over the Bahamas.  Plenty of shoals with narrow channels, and once procedurally generated instance terrain is instituted, you could have a really good time in there with shallow-draft vessels.

The Xebec Corsair can not take a hit from a cannon.  It must run from anything with decent armament. They were cheaply built and not designed to slug it out with a warship.  El Gamo was an exception, most Xebecs were flimsy and not designed for anything but boarding.

• Like 1