Game-Labs Forum

Can I refuse assistance?

Hey guys 

I was wondering if the instance entry could be changed ever so slightly.

-Scenario- im in a conni and i engage 3 bellonas. i want XP and am confident enough to fight 3 bel bots. currently because the sides are so imbalanced bots will come swarming to my defence, but while noble i don't want either players or bots in ALL my battles. (even though furball fights are fun)

Can a popup appear when a balancing force arrives (being player or bot) asking do i need assistance? and obviously give me the option of yes - i require assistance, OR no - im ok thank you.

This would also come in handy for those awesome people out there that like duelling - be it 1v1 or 5v5 etc. so when other people come by you can say no thank you, these seats are taken. 

Dazed.

• Like 10

This option may also mean human players have the option to ignore your requests. Meaning most of the community may ignore a request for help even with supposed friendly ships all around.

I don't see why that would be the case. People always want to hop into battles if the odds aren't overwhelmingly against them. And I think Dazed meant for assistance to be declined on a person-by-person (or AI) basis, rather than immediately declining any and all assistance.

Personally I think this is a great idea. Duelists/small groups would benefit enormously from it.

Edited by Jeremiah O'Brien

Hey guys 

I was wondering if the instance entry could be changed ever so slightly.

-Scenario- im in a conni and i engage 3 bellonas. i want XP and am confident enough to fight 3 bel bots. currently because the sides are so imbalanced bots will come swarming to my defence, but while noble i don't want either players or bots in ALL my battles. (even though furball fights are fun)

Can a popup appear when a balancing force arrives (being player or bot) asking do i need assistance? and obviously give me the option of yes - i require assistance, OR no - im ok thank you.

This would also come in handy for those awesome people out there that like duelling - be it 1v1 or 5v5 etc. so when other people come by you can say no thank you, these seats are taken. 

Dazed.

Hmm,

I'd agree for AI sake. Having them ask if you need assistance or not during a battle.

I don't agree with being able to disallow actual players to join. If they want to help, it's their choice. 

While yes, the idea is so that a player can "solo" play and try to maximize his Xp/gold per match. But, also I can't seem to find any physical reference to where a Captain of any nation during this time period. Was like:  "I see one of my fellow countrymen is engage in battle. Oh wait, he signaled me to just leave him alone. Guess I'll sail in the opposite direction. And hope to see those countrymen back in port alive".  

After all, this is a game. And not all realistic things will work.  But just seems odd to me to limit an actual players interaction with his countrymen. Even if he is willing to help.

~cheers

Edited by Aksark

For bots i think they should not enter if you click no.

But i can agree to it being a manners type thing for players ie. you can say no thanks and they can still jump in, maybe derping the balance and bringing more enemies in - ruining your day since you have capped a ship and are now in danger if they are in bigger ship and say bring in a few sols.

Its like me and the guys in TS. If i see a battle with USA as one of the sides i will ask - is anybody in this battle by such and such a port? Do you need help? if yes ill enter. they may say 'na mate im wrapping up' or 'i've got this mate', and ill go find another battle or ship to attack.

What this function will do is give people who are not in comms with you a chance to be polite.

• Like 1

Until there is an actual alliance system, I'd prefer to be able to refuse players also.  This total free-for-all joining, combined with terrible spawn mechanics, is just resulting in pure chaos and confusion.