Game-Labs Forum

Questions to developers

Devs once said you can contact them and apply for steam keys. Ofc you have to pay the 40bucks like everyone else did.

You basically have to write a small application that you are a special guy and that you have the best intentions and give good feedback.

Show them your passion about this game and/or the game's setting.

this goes for every eager person who wants to test this game.

Thank you. I followed those instructions and wrote a paragraph or so about my interest in the game.

And honestly, I'd be willing to pay just about anything for this game :P

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So I have a question about privateering. Once a privateer raids a ship, would he/she just keep the prize or would they have to sail to a friendly port to turn in the loot for some sort of prize?

If a derelict is owned by the privateer and survives until the end of the battle, it will be sent to port. You can check the first annoucements about captures here.

a fast question . do you know when you will be abel to pay your way into the game agen ?

Usual sales will be re-opened at the Steam Early Access. Active and motivated forum users can send a mail to Game Labs

Question to Devs:

Will there be a smuggling mechanic added in for goods etc either now or in the distant future?

NPC smugglers exist on the open world right now.

For player smuggling we first need to see crafting and trading in general and define the embargo rules. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi so I only herd about this game today it seems cool but i have a few questions.

1. Is this a online onley game or is there an offlin crere mode aswell?

2. I have herd it is open world if this si ture how big is the world?

3. Can we name our own ship or are they named for us?

4. will we se or can we captin famous ships such as the HMS Victory

5. If it is soly online is it like World of Tanks or more like World of Warcraft (Pay every month becaus i can't afford that)?

6.can we get Super Frigates from just playing the game or it tht a kind of pay to deal?

Thanks for your answers

Edited by Doogerie

Hi so I only herd about this game today it seems cool but i have a few questions.

1. Is this a online onley game or is there an offlin crere mode aswell?

2. I have herd it is open world if this si ture how big is the world?

3. Can we name our own ship or are they named for us?

4. will we se or can we captin famous ships such as the HMS Victory

5. If it is soly online is it like World of Tanks or more like World of Warcraft (Pay every month becaus i can't afford that)?

6.can we get Super Frigates from just playing the game or it tht a kind of pay to deal?

Thanks for your answers

1. Online only currently.

2. The current map is the Caribbean. It is rather big, several hours are needed to sail from the Gulf of Mexico to Trinidad Island.

3. Currently no, but there's a topic and a poll about it.

4. The Victory is already in game as well as many others (and more are to come).

5. The payment model is buy to play with a store.

6. There's the American super frigate USS Constitution in game, and it can be played like other ships.

For more information, I invite you to read some stickied topics of the forums.

1. Online only currently.

2. The current map is the Caribbean. It is rather big, several hours are needed to sail from the Gulf of Mexico to Trinidad Island.

3. Currently no, but there's a topic and a poll about it.

4. The Victory is already in game as well as many others (and more are to come).

5. The payment model is buy to play with a store.

6. There's the American super frigate USS Constitution in game, and it can be played like other ships.

For more information, I invite you to read some stickied topics of the forums.

thanks so i only have 2 more questions.

1. How much is it?

2. How much are add ons?

• 2 weeks later...

I have two questions that i didnt found via search.

1. Do you consider to let the player move freely on deck?

I would love to and i always play with camera near deck!

2. Will there be dolphins?

Edited by karacho

hey.

Will there be an night time ingame ? that will be very cool seeing the lights on the ships and the flashes of the cannons at night.

regards Navalboy

we have a day/night circle in the OpenWorld build already. so Yes.. there is diferent lighting implemented ;)

we have a day/night circle in the OpenWorld build already. so Yes.. there is diferent lighting implemented ;)

Obvious follow up.

Will the cycle be an actual 24 hour, like in the real world and if so what time zone would it be based in? Or would it be a 4,6, or 12 hour cycle, possibly random? ( battle only)

Or we don't know yet lol

Will the game have a portuguese navy? I would like alot if i could play with my country!!!

I still dont have the game but i'm all the time searching things about it and i'm really enjoying the videos of the game and how it is upgrading.

I can't wait to can buy the game!!!

I hope you can answer my question.

Obvious follow up.

Will the cycle be an actual 24 hour, like in the real world and if so what time zone would it be based in? Or would it be a 4,6, or 12 hour cycle, possibly random? ( battle only)

Or we don't know yet lol

well i would guess to be accurate they would use -5 est

If the game is based on a 24h cycle :

If you are based in EU (example) and play always in the evening (or at the same moment of the day each day) you will always play at night in the game ?

(The question works wherever you live...)

Edited by Crow

Will the game have a portuguese navy? I would like alot if i could play with my country!!!

I still dont have the game but i'm all the time searching things about it and i'm really enjoying the videos of the game and how it is upgrading.

I can't wait to can buy the game!!!

I hope you can answer my question.

In the current open world prototype there's no Portuguese Navy. It might be implemented later though.

Well we will not see a real time scaled day/night circle. (not on the first server thats for sure)

Imagine you only have an hour or two to play per day.. You will always be in the night or always play during the days.

Thats not what devs have in mind. Every player will have the opportunity to play the game with all its content.

And as weird as it may sound. Playing during day and night is part of the gameexperience.

Spotting ships is quite different in the night. Whereas the daylight makes it easier to spot ships on the horizon.

After all the distances are scaled down. So is the day/nighttime. Wich feels about right atm.

Players will have different opinions and thats why we all want their feedback

• Like 1

Hello

1.) i would like to know if ships are always delivered with full crew or do captains need to hire seamen, marines and officers themself and have to pay them wages?

2.) are there special crewmembers (e.g. Warrant Officers) planned? Like a Master Gunner that improves gunnery, or a carpenter that improves repair ability, trained marines to help in boarding fights, etc. etc.?

3.) Do ships and Crew need maintenance? Like buying Timber or spare Sails to repair and improve while on Sea, or to have enough portions of food, water and a cook aboard to keep the crew alive and their morale high?

4.) Can players flee from battles? :D

5.) Are there secret places and treasures to be discovered :D ?

6.) Can enemy ports and towns be raided?

So a lot of questions but thanks in advance :)

Hey James,

This game has been evolving for a couple of years now.  What you see on Youtube and in the actual "game" now is what is called "Sea Trials".  It involves a group of folks that are "playing" what has been developed so far within the game. Everyone here now in Naval Action, are in fact play testers to one degree or another.  This is not a finished game.  Far from it.  All of us here now are anxiously awaiting the next big step, entry in to the Open World testing phase of the game.

I would highly recommend that when you have some time, you go through these forms.  You will find your answers here.  These forms are incredibly educational (not just about where Naval Action - The game is going), but in so many other areas of interest relating to the "Age of Sail".  The people contributing to the forms are a very smart lot!  I don't understand have of the stuff they talk about...but it is fun learning new historic things from this group.

There is even A Treatise on Naval Action A Complete Guide created by one Mr. Doran a famous or in-famous (depending on how many times he or his crew mates have shot the hell out of you) within the Naval Action forms (check out the leaderboard in the in game lobby to see who the game "experts" are) that I am sure you will find valuable.

As I said before, you will find the answer to your question throughout these forms (as much as the developer's have already shared with us players).  It may take some time, but I can assure you that you will learn a lot by reading the form posts, not only about Naval Action - The game, but about some of the strangest, and most esoteric topics related to the Age of Sail that you could ever imagine.

Good luck in your future adventures within NA.  I look forward to seeing you on the seas of our new Open World some day soon.

Dean

(poosd)   Can't miss me in-game.  I'm usually captaining the ship that is all shot-to-hell in the first 5 minutes of the game, usually by one of Mr. Doran's minions.  Look for the crew in uniforms including trousers, shirt and floatees!

• Like 1

What is the best way to get into the Open World testing? i am a member of The Decatur Armada and i have several fleet mates doing the  testing, i  would love  to be able to join them and take part. i have my Santisma and have been playing since January