Game-Labs Forum

Questions to developers

Mast loss in battle?

Hi Guys,  You are doing a super job on this.  I'm happy............

Observation:  In my readings, it seems that masts going overboard/ shot away, in battle was frequent and common.  Sometimes all three.   It seems not so much in the game?

Is this by design or will you adjust for more reality later?

thanks and keep it up!!

I don't know how long you've been playing, but masts falling away was very common a few weeks ago.  So much so, it really took a lot of enjoyment out of the battle for people (including myself) because people would just aim exclusively for masts most of the time.  In response, the masts were given a little bit more HP.  That being said, if you focus a ships masts with ball ammo in a larger ship, it's quite easy to demast them still.

The problem is that with it so frequent, it ruined the strategic gameplay that this game is famous.  Matches were simply shoot masts; whomever is demasted first loses.  Once the enemies' masts are gone, just go park behind them and raked them with impunity until death.

I think it's a good balance they struck since there's no way to surrender currently in game.  Even if surrender was in game (which it will be I believe), demasting with ease would take quite a bit of fun out of battle.

Yeah, understood, but is there a very rough time-frame as to when that's likely to happen?

Thanks.

I can understand to you want to have some sort of time-frame indication, but unfortunately, at this point in time the information is just not available. My personal guess is that it will not happen before everyone who has Sea Trial (battle arena testing) access now is transfered to the Open World, and there is no word yet on when we can expect that to happen yet; they are working on it, but it isn't finished yet.

So, sorry that there is no more precise information available, it is just how it is.

~Brigand

I just mean in very, very rough terms, such as this spring, summer or this year even?

If there really is no idea whatsoever, that's cool.

(unfortunately I discovered the game pretty much the day that pre-orders were withdrawn)

Edited by RGS

Will the Instances be locked after some time so noone else can join them any more? Will people who come later to the Instance spawn further away from the Action?

Instances functioning isn't fully worked out in design yet, and will be finalized depending on the testing. The instance spawn times could depend on the type of battle and admiral skill.

Hi

Where i can find the Caribbean map from the future Open World?

Here is the topic about ports, with a map: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/1647-open-world-prototype-ports-suggestions/ (the map will be close to this one)

How comprehensive is crafting going to be? Will you let players craft/harvest every tradable item that the economy has? Will players be able to craft complex items that require multiple products to create?

Crafting isn't fully designed yet, and will be improved during the testing. Some items will be crafted from multiple products. Here is a topic about possible materials: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/585-the-economy-and-raw-materials/

will we as Traders/Companies be able to build Farms/Plantations and store and sell? i'd like a rum distillery please, Hik!

Don't expect a full crafting system from the get go, it will be very basic at the beginning. Buildings are a possibility of course.

• Like 1

Will it be possible for the ships to explode if by some miracle somone can hit the magasins you could make it a realy realy smal target it could be a 1/500 or 1/1000 shot to do and only after the ship has been damaged to a certain point. know the USS Maine that exploded and sank in the Spanish-American War

Best Regards Michelangelo

Will it be possible for the ships to explode if by some miracle somone can hit the magasins you could make it a realy realy smal target it could be a 1/500 or 1/1000 shot to do and only after the ship has been damaged to a certain point. know the USS Maine that exploded and sank in the Spanish-American War

Best Regards Michelangelo

Fires and explosions are coming. Explosions will be created by fire spreading - see this dedicated topic: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/2885-fires-explosions-branders-and-fireships/

Can we expect a commodity based system when it comes to trading?

I.E: Buy for low, sell for high at a nearby port

Trading system hasn't been tested yet. But buy - haul - sell higher should be one of the basics. The trading system will be put to testing and expanded.

I really want know how long does it take to make another colour for a ship for example the brig colour is gastly ( sorry)

but the brown colour on the Naval action main page is more of a beauty.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/519a3512e4b00c954c606410/t/53f12cd2e4b020d5c7fca389/1408314581883/brig2.jpg?format=750w

And the HMS Pickle on the page aswell wich has the grey ish like colour scheme wich looks civilian and how hard is it to change these colours like the brig to the brown? (can chose between them)

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/519a3512e4b00c954c606410/t/53f12c95e4b0fe85d1626a89/1408314521875/schooner2.jpg?format=1000w

And the Bellona could have two schemes the normal one 

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/519a3512e4b00c954c606410/t/53f12ce5e4b020d5c7fca3a3/1408314601474/3rdrate2.jpg?format=750w

" and this "

http://www.thedearsurprise.com/wp-content/gallery/historical-ships-from-the-series/bphon01.jpg

It would make them look atleast diffrent on the battlefield and adds more to a personal ship.

How long does it take to make a new colour? 

Im askin this becuase im going to be French Captain and i really want the Consti to have red color like the Acheron wich a topic was made of here:http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/2523-acheron/

Edited by Mass

On the colour question:

Dont expect this in the near future. The devs clearly focus on the new damage model, open world and other stuff.

The Bellona got a new paintjob a few weeks ago. Its in fact the 2nd one you posted. Still the devs said somewhere that she will get her decorations finished "soon "

"How hard" is a relative question and is not specified. How hard with what? Shpfight?, moneymaking?

And you cannot find the one answer right now. The fighting is as hard as it is right now. I doubt its going to be very different in the future.

About moneymaking adn maybe open world business.. there is no answer yet. at all.. Once everyone had a go on the Open World we will see how it went.

. . . Regarding closing gun ports due to heavy seas this feature can be easily implemented and will be tested in one of the focus tests.

Is there still an interest in developing this feature?  I have been unable to find much discussion on it, or if was ever actually tested.

Hello, I really do not consider this question, but I have to ask. is there any way of re-opens purchases? I spend a whole month with videos on youtube and quietly hope that I will be sailing with others. God bless you.

Charles

Hello, I really do not consider this question, but I have to ask. is there any way of re-opens purchases? I spend a whole month with videos on youtube and quietly hope that I will be sailing with others. God bless you.

Charles

Purchases will be re-opened at the time of the Steam Early Access (no ETA yet). Those days some combat features are being added, and the Open World is beginning to be tested. You can join the forum discussions while waiting for the re-opening.

Purchases will be re-opened at the time of the Steam Early Access (no ETA yet). Those days some combat features are being added, and the Open World is beginning to be tested. You can join the forum discussions while waiting for the re-opening.

Thanks for the answer. I hope it will be soon.
I am your big fan.

Charles