Game-Labs Forum

Mount and blade napoleonic wars

jekct1212

I've played M&B for years. The original M&B was one of the first games I owned, and then I played a lot of Warband after that. I don't have Napoleonic Wars, though, but I do play the L'Aigle singleplayer mod for Warband.

One thing though, the NW DLC isn't developed by Taleworlds (the devs of M&B and Warband), but by a company called Flying Squirrel. While I can't speak from first-hand experience, I've heard quite a bit on the TW forum about the immaturity (to put it politely) of the Flying Squirrel devs. Rigging Warband multiplayer tournaments, banning from the forums people who disagree with them, etc. So, just... my advice is to just keep that in mind, especially if you're about to buy NW or are thinking of becoming active on Flying Squirrel's forums. 

Yeah some people in the game can be jerks but there are several servers called gentlemen servers where people who are offensive or don't play nice get kicked plus the role playing servers where people actually try to be accurate in attics and such are good

Used to be in NW for a good year or two, was in 3rdFG as a serjeant. Was in the 92nd for a few months before they disbanded.

Found the community rather poisionous and was just the same stuff over and over again. Didn't like the community or where it appeared to be heading.

This one appears to be far more mature and there seems to be a lot of like-minded people here.

NW had quite a community when it started. A lot of Mount and Musket players, people were mature, worked together, formed lines.. It was great. Until the game became progressively made up of more and more immature 12 year olds who would go commando, spam bayonet spin, and then say "lol get rekt m8." Nowadays the servers are just full of childish assholes who can't work together to save their lives. Several times in battles, being the last one alive, I've been slain by admins who then said "lol battle taking too long." There are one or two decent servers that actually have good admins, but for the most part, NW is a free for all musket deathmatch.

Apparently FSE is creating a new, American Civil War era game, but FSE is made up of some pretty dictatorial devs, so I don't plan on supporting them. Their forums are immature and full of trolls, which doesn't bode well for their new game, Battle Cry of Freedom.

On the other side of things, I have been watching a game in development called "War of Rights," another Civil War game. They have a lot of positive stuff on their YouTube channel and forum right now. It looks beautiful so far. I suggest that anyone who enjoyed NW checks them out, it's pretty promising.

• Like 1

I don't have Napoleonic Wars, though, but I do play the L'Aigle singleplayer mod for Warband.

I play L'Aigle as well, it's an amazing mod. Can't wait for the new patch to come out. It's like the single player version of NW, but infinitely better. The graphics are lovely for a Warband-based mod.

• Like 1

NW had quite a community when it started. A lot of Mount and Musket players, people were mature, worked together, formed lines.. It was great. Until the game became progressively made up of more and more immature 12 year olds who would go commando, spam bayonet spin, and then say "lol get rekt m8." Nowadays the servers are just full of childish assholes who can't work together to save their lives. Several times in battles, being the last one alive, I've been slain by admins who then said "lol battle taking too long." There are one or two decent servers that actually have good admins, but for the most part, NW is a free for all musket deathmatch.

Apparently FSE is creating a new, American Civil War era game, but FSE is made up of some pretty dictatorial devs, so I don't plan on supporting them. Their forums are immature and full of trolls, which doesn't bode well for their new game, Battle Cry of Freedom.

On the other side of things, I have been watching a game in development called "War of Rights," another Civil War game. They have a lot of positive stuff on their YouTube channel and forum right now. It looks beautiful so far. I suggest that anyone who enjoyed NW checks them out, it's pretty promising.

Yeah, I've never seen a proper line, not even in a line battle.

Huh, I'll have to look into that one. Thanks. :)

Btw, are you on the Taleworlds forum, Jeremiah? 

Yes, I am, as "Mr.Nock"

Well, if you ever want to chat on there, I'm Arvenski on that forum as well. It's actually the forum where I'm most active, and I do most of my hanging out on there. 

And about the NW playerbase being bad: Most of the time I spend on the TW forum I spend in the Off-Topic areas, which doesn't interact with the "On-Topic" areas (the boards for the different games, mods, DLCs, etc.) much, but I do recall the release of NW bringing an influx of trolls and idiots to the forum (new people who came there solely for NW, rather than the regular M&B players). :lol

Edited by Arvenski

And about the NW playerbase being bad: Most of the time I spend on the TW forum I spend in the Off-Topic areas, which doesn't interact with the "On-Topic" areas (the boards for the different games, mods, DLCs, etc.) much, but I do recall the release of NW bringing an influx of trolls and idiots to the forum (new people who came there solely for NW, rather than the regular M&B players). :lol

Yes, that is quite true. They've spread a bit, too..  God forbid anyone mentions "Montenegro".. It just summons them out of no where (You probably know what i'm talking about). And then we have people asking, "When will we see revolvers". <_<  But the TW forum is pretty good otherwise.

Yes, that is quite true. They've spread a bit, too..  God forbid anyone mentions "Montenegro".. It just summons them out of no where (You probably know what i'm talking about). 

I'm afraid I don't know about that one, but I can imagine. :P

And I hadn't heard about the revolver thing, either, but that doesn't surprise me. It's like the WoT types who keep asking for the M1 Abrams. Not a single damn given about historical accuracy or balance, they just want the coolest or most OP thing they can hope to get their hands on. Quite frankly, I'm surprised it's revolvers and not Gatling guns or Maxim machineguns. 

Edited by Arvenski
  • Like 1

I play a lot of M&B (I’m near 400h xD) and still coming back for time to time just for the fun of Tropical server or siege/commander battles. Start with the vanilla one and SP mods and when NW came out I join a regiment and stay there for a while until RL pull me out. Was quite fun even the regiment were I was small and full on patriotic/nationalistic stuff (don't get me wrong I love RP but some people take it too far). Also played Mercenaries MP mod for a while was really fun but grindy for newcomers. 

And yeah I come from the HL2 American Revolution mod "Battle Grounds II" and his successors. Also play the old Insurgency mod back in the days so I’m quite happy that at least Insurgency made into a quite good game if you have a team and/or the patience to learn. 

i played countless hours on mount and blade but never much into MP. If a regiment form i`d be willing to join.

I tried L'aigle too, but i was really hoping they`ve but the freelancer mod in. I've search boney all accross Europe to swear allegiance and finally gave up lol, Might give it a try again.

1339 hours NW- top NA 1337 melee&meta- quit because community will forever be stuck in less than mediocre-shit-tier-melee populated by steam salers/steam sale regiments--- duel me.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198014028214/

Any NW "old f*gs" around add me and I will dispel every misconception you think you know about M&B melee and shooting mechanics as the lie it is. If you actually want to have a serious talk about the game mechanics/meta add me. 

Edited by Mr. Doran