Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.5 Feedback<<<(Latest version: v1.5.1.6)

On 7/14/2024 at 5:05 PM, Zuikaku said:

Is there going to be any major update? Long time no word from Nick.

Yes, a beta of Major Update v1.6 (without the new hulls) will be available. We try to finish it for this week.

• Like 10

18 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Yes, a beta of Major Update v1.6 (without the new hulls) will be available. We try to finish it for this week.

Hey Nick, thank you for info and for support for the game. While i am really glad we got the game i belive there is alot still to do to give it content it really needs, your continious support for the game brings me hope project will be able to achive its potential. 

• Like 6

On 7/21/2024 at 10:25 AM, Nender said:

Wish we could paint our ships, would be a cool addition.

pelayod.jpg (34234 bytes)

Being able to paint a U.S. fleet in the colors of the Great White Fleet would be hello kittying great.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Urst said:

Being able to paint a U.S. fleet in the colors of the Great White Fleet would be hello kittying great.

undefined

Definitely, and I'm also waiting for a functional naval jack system, I kind of like what was the US naval jack during that time.

Edited by Nender
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, DougToss said:

A lot of the national flags are flat wrong, Canada for example. 

Not to mention the Spanish national flag, which straight up is a 1936 version. I've created a topic regarding this issue, which I believe could be solved quickly, but I've gotten no response so far.

Edited by Nender
  • Like 2

d76008ce1c2456f2741bc988c4ba4b5e.jpg

Naval invasions are ridiculously random. I took the Dominican Republic from the US with the same fleet (the chances given were 100%), but with Haiti now, for some reason, the chances are kind of low, specially if my fleet's tonnage is almost 9 times more than what's needed.

Edit: The invasion failed to succeed. Yup.

Edited by Nender
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2024 at 1:54 PM, Urst said:

I would like a system where the game can keep track of the hulls that you build.  Using the USA as an example, what I mean by this is that the game can track that USS Galveston is the 45th Battleship I built and thus has the designation of BB-45.  Or the fact that it is the 846th ship I have built total and has that designation if I wish to go that route.  The cherry on top would be to have the hull designation reflected, optionally, both in the ships name and on its hull as a painted number.

Obviously this would be one heck of an overhaul that would take time and is more aesthetics than anything and would take away time and effort better spent on features and polishing, but I can hold out hope for an eventual update or at least a modding hook.

• Like 3

Fire and the associated casualties still seem overdone. I just had a light cruiser surrender which only took 3 partial penetrations. The resultant fire however caused 60% casualties. This was despite the crew being Veteran

As an aside I think the victorius side ought to recover its surrendered ships

Oops this should have been in the Beta thread

Edited by Doomed
  • Like 2

So, my save just up and vanished. I started a U.S. campaign in 1890 shortly after 1.6 BETA launched and played until ~1910. I closed the game to save-skum a battle that RNG hello kittyed me on and then when I re-opened the game the entire save was gone. The only other thing that happened was the small ~120kB update that happened yesterday.

2 hours ago, Urst said:

So, my save just up and vanished. I started a U.S. campaign in 1890 shortly after 1.6 BETA launched and played until ~1910. I closed the game to save-skum a battle that RNG hello kittyed me on and then when I re-opened the game the entire save was gone. The only other thing that happened was the small ~120kB update that happened yesterday.

not certain if it's clear reading your post, but are you playing the beta? if so, there is a thread for that, and saves will be deleted through the beta, as devs has said numerous times

30 minutes ago, MDHansen said:

not certain if it's clear reading your post, but are you playing the beta? if so, there is a thread for that, and saves will be deleted through the beta, as devs has said numerous times

>not certain
>I state that it was in 1.6 BETA

I forgot which thread I was in and didn't see the hotfix notice.

Edited by Urst

3 hours ago, Urst said:

>not certain
>I state that it was in 1.6 BETA

I forgot which thread I was in and didn't see the hotfix notice.

If you are playing the Beta, your saves will be deleted frequently, that is part of playing the beta and is to be expected. If you don't want this to happen you can switch to previous version in Steam.

• Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, Epicpoint said:

If you are playing the Beta, your saves will be deleted frequently, that is part of playing the beta and is to be expected. If you don't want this to happen you can switch to previous version in Steam.

Unfortunately, the previous version in steam currently is 1.4.1.1, too far back for my liking.  Hence my request that 1.5.1.6 is added as a previous version.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2024 at 5:01 PM, Suribachi said:

Unfortunately, the previous version in steam currently is 1.4.1.1, too far back for my liking.  Hence my request that 1.5.1.6 is added as a previous version.

You can select "none" under the beta tab of "Properties" to go back to 1.5.1.6. Going back to 1.4.1.1 is under the beta branch anyway.

• Like 2