Game-Labs Forum

When will we be able to pre-order naval action again?

@juv95hrn - not that I know of. I'm just checking the forum every day, as well as the pre-order page. I sent an email to Game-Labs and they are allowing me to join in, so if you can't wait then explain your situation and there is a chance that you get in (as stated by admin on page 1).

Happy sailing!

I have also mailed them and offered to become a paying Alpha-tester. I hope the accept my application. I love the era of sails. I suppose I know more about computer games than actual sailing ships but I have good understanding of the weapon system that the sailing ships were. And their development over time. I am also an experienced Beta-tester and game developer although not of sailing simulators, since those are rather rare on the market.

*fingers crossed and thanks for the update!*

I can't wait to purchase either, i'd like to be part of helping to shape the game.. saying that I would wait till more content is available to test. (im sure you guys are giving tons of feedback already). you guys are awesome.

Also I'd like to add that a personal petition to the info( at ) option is a testament to the dev team of how committed they are to making NA great and its commitment to its community. Well done to them and makes me proud to be part of the forums. Can't wait to meet you all on the high seas.

We could do something like Bismarck's Essay Writing Giveaway contest, just to prove that these people do have the dedication and understanding of what is being performed in this Alpha testing. 

I do wish that I knew about this game earlier, as this game is a dream come true for me. 

All the modifications I made to computer games have been for naval combat, starting originally with Paradox Interactive's East India Company, which eventually led me into 3000+ hours of beta testing the Lordz's Napoleonic Total War III modification.  In that 3000 plus hours, I created my own Naval mod (surprisingly most of the coding only took me a single afternoon), which is now an added feature to the larger modification.

If I didn't have college to juggle (as well still helping a bit with NTWIII), I would certainly be testing this game even more.

You can be sure that admin has seen this thread. I think everybody will just have to accept the fact that the pre-order has been closed for now and will open up again at some later point in time. Is there more precise information available? No, unfortunately not.

~Brigand

I think it is time we look at the active player base right now, I believe letting in a quantity of fresh targets' I mean testers is necessary very soon if not sooner.

Over the past few weeks the numbers of active players in game has seriously dropped even at peak times. We have moved from 300+ players online to less than 100 at peak times. Until new content is available I fear that too many testers will stop playing as they have maxed out their progress and become bored with repeated content they see time and time again.

New blood, new outlooks, all reporting F11 glitches and bugs would be good both for the game mechanic reporting and player numbers in game, not to mention raising funds to support further development.

I just discovered this game within the past 4 days thanks to stumbling across The Mighty Jingles videos.  Since then I've been eating up SideStrafe's videos and being muchly sad that I came to the party way too late.  This is the type of game I love - something that has a strong, passionate community - with people more interested in making the game good rather than improving their own records.  I would absolutely love to get in as soon as possible, but feel that I came too late to take the admin up on their generous offer (this is my first post after all).

Sail ho!

Edited by SakyoshaTheBlackHand

For all of you good fellas, hang tight, preorders should be open soon again, the game is really worth the wait and even more, dont despair as it's in the grasp of your hands. I myself managed to get a few of my friends in but others didn't manage to get in on time. Meanwhile there are plenty of videos of the game to entertain yourselvs and to pass time.

I hope this may help

-JRT

For all of you good fellas, hang tight, preorders should be open soon again, the game is really worth the wait and even more, dont despair as it's in the grasp of your hands. I myself managed to get a few of my friends in but others didn't manage to get in on time. Meanwhile there are plenty of videos of the game to entertain yourselvs and to pass time.

I hope this may help

-JRT

I hope so! I've got a friend who missed the last pre-order window, and I'd really like to add this to our Friday-night games.

That being said, I'm having a blast!

Well I'm hanging tight.

Can't wait to get in on this game. I have always loved sailing games.

Nothing has really hit the spot. Ever since Sea Dogs I have hoped for a sailing game with great water effects and great sailing/combat dynamics. This game seem to hit the spot with tons of realism and awesome looking ships and sea! I've watched a lot of youtube on this game and all I can say is it's about time someone went there!

Im no stranger to early access games and I understand the development process. I'm also no stranger to online games.

I'm ready to support the development of this game.

Edited by StuffinBeard

I saw this on the SC forum a few months ago, I kept forgetting to sign up since I figured there was no point in doing it on the weekend since they gave out the codes on friday, actually remembered and got in the last Friday before they closed it off :D

I saw this on the SC forum a few months ago, I kept forgetting to sign up since I figured there was no point in doing it on the weekend since they gave out the codes on friday, actually remembered and got in the last Friday before they closed it off :D

Oh sure rub it in!!

Good for you..go have some fun! 8)

Just don't sink all the ships...leave some for the rest of us!

Just got in last week so as of last Friday you could still email a request in.  Believe me, it was well worth the extra steps.  The battleground itself is worth the price of admission.  Throw in open world and it seems like it's gonna be a must buy.

Just got in last week so as of last Friday you could still email a request in.  Believe me, it was well worth the extra steps.  The battleground itself is worth the price of admission.  Throw in open world and it seems like it's gonna be a must buy.

Thanks for info... I would pay the money for the game if it never progressed any farther. Don't get me wrong... I love the way it is headed!