Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.4 Feedback<<< [Final version released]

Nick Thomadis

This version is full of bugs up to a stage which I would call impossible to play. I cant move my Ships for no reason, after reloading the game i suddenly can, but a few months later its the same. Cant refit sometimes, although those ships are beeing in port. The game is showing my ships to be in battle, but I never got any battle window and next month those ships are back in port with about 60%dmg.

Edited by Rucki

41 minutes ago, Rucki said:

This version is full of bugs up to a stage which I would call impossible to play. I cant move my Ships for no reason, after reloading the game i suddenly can, but a few months later its the same. Cant refit sometimes, although those ships are beeing in port. The game is showing my ships to be in battle, but I never got any battle window and next month those ships are back in port with about 60%dmg.

Yes, no battle prompts but ships are in battles according to the fleet screen and ships one builds for other nations remain in the fleet tab.

Just applied update 2. New campaign creation seems much improved, took about 5 min to create, so faster than 1.3 and MUCH better than update 1. The economy has also been tweaked. Seems more sane now. I'll give a full impression once I'm 20-30 years into the campaign. Hoping money is balanced now so that we are not all in constant debt but also not like 20 billion a turn in the back by 1920.

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Beta v1.4 Feedback<<< [Update 3]

[Update 3]
- Fixed temporary issues of the campaign, not storing correctly the ship locations, paths etc. Fleet generation should be also even faster. Please let us know if you still anticipate problems with your ships not appearing in the previously assigned ports.
- Fixed armor limits that were not working properly for some hulls (Belt armor could not be edited etc.). This change may affect some of your designs, so you need to check them.
- Fixed lags in UI and too much tooltip delays or inconsistent showing up of tooltips. The tooltips should appear promptly now, without lags, without too much delay.

Please Restart Steam to get this update fast.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, HaMaT said:

@Nick Thomadis there is a major bug. If you agree to build and sell a ship to a 3-d country, it will remain on your balance after it is commissioned. You will see the ship in your ships list. View and Scrap buttons will be enabled but the View button will open an empty shipyard and the game will stuck. You will not be able to move ships.

This bug is relevant for the latest, updated version of 1.4 beta. I was playing for Germany. Not sure how it is for the other countries.

Please check the latest update.

• Like 1

Ran into an anomaly with ship refits and shipyard tonnage:

Version: 1.4.0.0 Beta

Behaviour: When I refit a battleship, the shipbuilding capacity in the Finance screen shows roughly double the displacement of the ship I'm refitting. Also, the game acts as though I'm refitting ~2x the displacement in other ways, for example the refit is slow if I exceed the shipyard capacity.

Steps I took: Set up 4 BBs for refit. Tonnages were 13330, 12971, 14856, 14227 (total 55384t).
Expectation: Finance screen would show 55384t / 108669t capacity used
Actual: Finance screen shows 103953t / 108669t used.

Notes: If I add one more ship, it add 2x that ship mass and exceeds capacity and slows down the refit.  No other ships are building / refitting. If I suspend all 4 BBs, used capacity goes to 0t.

Thanks!

Edited by Doctor Lucky
Clarification of "used" capacity versus available capacity

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Beta v1.4 Feedback<<< [Update 4]
23 minutes ago, Doctor Lucky said:

Ran into an anomaly with ship refits and shipyard tonnage:

Version: 1.4.0.0 Beta

Behaviour: When I refit a battleship, the shipbuilding capacity in the Finance screen shows roughly double the displacement of the ship I'm refitting. Also, the game acts as though I'm refitting ~2x the displacement in other ways, for example the refit is slow if I exceed the shipyard capacity.

Steps I took: Set up 4 BBs for refit. Tonnages were 13330, 12971, 14856, 14227 (total 55384t).
Expectation: Finance screen would show 55384t / 108669t capacity used
Actual: Finance screen shows 103953t / 108669t used.

Notes: If I add one more ship, it add 2x that ship mass and exceeds capacity and slows down the refit.  No other ships are building / refitting. If I suspend all 4 BBs, used capacity goes to 0t.

Thanks!

This should be fixed in update 4, please check.

I was really hoping to see Mod Support in this update.  Instead of devoting your time to adding new hulls (read re-size).  Please add mod support so the community can do that for you.  Any sandbox game these days is only as good as its mod support.  Please devote your efforts there instead of stuff like this.

• Like 5

Started testing 1.4, currently on Update 4.

So far not bad, however there still is something off with the tooltips:

* I cannot get the land army invasion tooltip, soo really a hard time to plan strategically if you cannot tell progress of invasions.

also (which might be fixed by now):

* i was unable to get tooltips during battle so had to guess the cruisingspeed of my ships.

Update: battle-tooltips work in update 4 :D

Edited by Cryadis

@Nick Thomadis Have you tweaked the submarines in order to make them usefull again? I propose subs being able to move through enemy TFs zones of control (and vice versa). It is funny (actually frustrating) to se subs being able to block passage of big TFs but not being able to attack them due to ZOC mechanics. Similarly is with TFs being able to block subs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can we please have the option to when we get a new mark of a gun we can keep the look of the previous one we had on the ship. Cuz I no Kongo had her guns update and the gun house was the same as ot was when she was new I can't be the only one that wants this cuz a new yourk class with Iowa guns doesn't look right nore does it fit 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can we please have the option to when we get a new mark of a gun we can keep the look of the previous one we had on the ship. Cuz I no Kongo had her guns update and the gun house was the same as ot was when she was new I can't be the only one that wants this cuz a new yourk class with Iowa guns doesn't look right nore does it fit 

• Like 1

Can we go back to provinces bein coloured according to ownership at all times, instead of having to hover the cursor over each province to know who owns what province?

Edit: Never mind i found the toggle. It's just un-intuitive.

Edited by Shawa666
  • Like 1

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Beta v1.4 Feedback<<< [Update 5]

Should the Version number be ticking with each update?  I am still experiencing SLOW build times for new campaigns.  Steam says I have the up to date beta but I am still showing V 1.4.0.0 Beta

I am 20 minutes into building another new campaign set in 1930...   The Game is taking 5 minutes per month of 1927 right now.  and I have a pretty high end computer (i9 9900x w/64GB ram)