Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.3 Feedback<<<(Released)

Nick Thomadis

18 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Beta Update v1.3 "Build 5"
- New models for German late tech guns of large caliber.
- New models for Austro-Hungarian late tech guns of large caliber.
- Chinese guns models updated for the large caliber guns.
- Fixed issues of the new dual barbettes.
- Lower further the chance for bad weather. Previously the chances for rain and storm were 5.5% and 3.3% respectively. Now it is 3% and 1%, very low chances. If you get too frequent storms  then there must be something not working as expected.
- Ship physics further improvement for more realistic and consistent acceleration.
- Torpedo reliability improved (due to weather, torpedoes would deviate just too often, depending on their technology).
- Battle AI fine tuning.
- Fixed various minor bugs that were reported (thank you).

Please note that the changes on the gun models will surely affect designs and gun fire arcs. If you notice guns to stuck it can be due to this reason so you will need to update your designs or restart your campaigns.

PLEASE RESTART STEAM TO GET THE UPDATE FAST

@Nick Thomadis Invasions keep failing still. No matter how far on exceeds the required tonnage....

I didn't touch the game for several patches and came back with hope, but will shelf it again. It's still only frustrating and no joy at all - so the absolute opposite of what a game should be. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ZorinW said:

@Nick Thomadis Invasions keep failing still. No matter how far on exceeds the required tonnage....

I didn't touch the game for several patches and came back with hope, but will shelf it again. It's still only frustrating and no joy at all - so the absolute opposite of what a game should be. 

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the main cause of failed invasions is army logistics. I was able to successfully invade both Australia and the British Home Islands because the British Army only had between 5% and 15% logistics for the entire war, while I stayed at 100%. If logistics does play a factor in Naval Invasions, then it's likely That An Enemy With 100% Logistics Cannot Be Successfully Naval Invaded, Regardless Of Tonnage Committed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SodaBit said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the main cause of failed invasions is army logistics. I was able to successfully invade both Australia and the British Home Islands because the British Army only had between 5% and 15% logistics for the entire war, while I stayed at 100%. If logistics does play a factor in Naval Invasions, then it's likely That An Enemy With 100% Logistics Cannot Be Successfully Naval Invaded, Regardless Of Tonnage Committed.

This makes me think the Devs are forgetting that this is, at heart, a game. Just because the player cannot control everything does not mean limiting the player based on things they cannot control.

Since the player has no control whatsoever with land invasions and armies, why should land armies logistics matter? Yes, they matter in real life, but in real life, Admirals are not the ones distributing the naval budget, and the Navy (excluding Imperial Japan) should work hand in hand with land forces. Land invasion happening? Dispatch a small fleet to bombard shorelines and blockade ports in areas being invaded. But right now that doesn't happen at all.

Right now there is no such thing as Naval Logistics. Its just have port, don't go too far from port. Tension is created by just having ships floating in an ocean shared by other powers. Why should the US moving fleets from The Philippines to Hawaii raise tenson with Japan?

Well, because it is a game. We either have to accept that some things are going to be unrealistic to make the game fun, or we are going to need to accept that the game is going to be BORING to play.

• Like 1

Beta Update v1.3 "Build 6"
- Fixed, hopefully, all border highlight issues, caused when a province was changing ownership. Please let us know, better in a new campaign, if all provinces in your games change color properly when they are conquered.
- Improved logic of ship repairing so that ships are sent to closer ports (those that can travel in up to 1 turn, as it should work). This fix needs testing. Players who do not want their ships to return to port when they have minimal damage, then  they can alter their repair priority accordingly in task forces and ports.
- Campaign AI will scrap old ships more consistently now.
- Naval Invasion success chance increased (the chance is depended on losses and tonnage added).
- Various issues of the beta localization languages are fixed.
- Gun collider optimizations. Auto-Design should be even more effective and faster. Some old designs may become affected and may need redesign.

Please note that the recent changes on the gun models will surely affect designs and gun fire arcs. If you notice guns to stuck it can be due to this reason so you will need to update your designs or restart your campaigns.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Love the new weather effects. Absolutely beautiful and finally I can see why my gunners are struggling.

Here some feedback to the latest builds:

• Currently it doesnt look like ship bobbing isn't influenced by waves. It would be nice if larger waves would cause more bobbing, or if the direction of the bobbing followed the wave (and wind) direction instead of the ship direction
  • Peace time still seems pretty boring. I'd love to have more interactions, events, and maybe even some reasons to go into the battle mode (e.g. naval exercises, testing of new designs)
  • Budget for naval espionage with some espionage events please? Currently designing ships in peace time is very unengaging because there is no goals. If I knew at least rought stats of the up-and-coming rival naval designs (max. armor thicknesses, gun calibers, gun amounts, top speeds) I would at least have something to reach or beat
  • We can currently see the all ships built, refit or other actions taken by rival nations. Not only is this mostly useless info, it also spams the log on the bottom left into uselessnes
  • More events in general, currently it seems to be mostly the same few events triggering over and over
  • Generally a lot of events boil down to "raise x budget or raise y instead" or "worsen relation or pay money", I'd love to have some more variety to make the world feel more "alive" so to speak and give more flavour
  • A lot of the times when researching new technologies I get "New Parts: <empty list>" in the message. I'm not sure if that's a visual bug, but these technologies definitely should give parts (e.g. better funnels, towers, etc. by the technology name)
  • In wartime, currently it feels less like you are a nation's navy, and more like you're just doing an independent seawar. I would love for there to be wartime events that give a specific missions, like the peacetime "Minor Nation Naval invasion" event. For example:
    • The military is planning an assault into x coastal province. Move at least 1 HC or BB into <event marker next to provice> to bombard important facilities like munition ports or storages near the shore
    • (After having some transport losses in a sea region) Our trading routes in <sea region> are being targeted by enemy raiders, send <x tons of fleet> into <event marker in the affected sea region>
    • We have a VIP trying to escape <rival nation at war with us>, send a fleet into <deep enemy water region> to extract them
  • More events in peace time like the "Minor Nation Naval invasion" event.
    • (After rival nation finished a new ship that's a major step up) A <rival nation> has just built a <x ton> modern ship, build a ship of the same class with <at least x ton> weight to show we are keeping up.
    • <rival nation> thinks our navy is inadequate to beat theirs, make a show of force of at least <x tons> in <event marker near rival nation coastal province>
  • Economy still seems extremely easy as some nations, it's impossible to struggle with funds even with the largest navy in the world and maximum expense in every way, even in peacetime (nothing mothballed, navy twice the size of all other nations, maximum training/tech/transport expense, all ships uselessly sailing the seven seas and using maximum fuel), and this is in 1900 (1890 start) without having gained any additional regions

Events should focus on giving players something to achieve and should give naval prestige, or additional funds, or in rare cases if you don't do them you will lose transports etc.

(I realize some of those are close to existing events, but the point is to make them a bit more involved than clicking "OK")

tl;dr we need more involved peace time as well as wartime gameplay, currently the campaign map just does not have a lot of content to it. Generally the more involved those events become the better.

Edited by Thramoun
  • Like 12

I also had this issue where this one enemy ship just didn't want to use this fore turret. It isn't damaged at all as can be seen on the top right, but it's not acquiring any target or shooting. (it's about 10° off of its target which it could definitely do with just a slight turn!)
It says "Angle" on the gun but it should be able to get the angle easily at least with the forward gun. The back gun doesn't have an angle

image.thumb.png.2ab542114b64a2c3a07f7dcdbb016eff.png

On 4/25/2023 at 6:34 AM, Nick Thomadis said:

Beta Update v1.3 "Build 6"
- Fixed, hopefully, all border highlight issues, caused when a province was changing ownership. Please let us know, better in a new campaign, if all provinces in your games change color properly when they are conquered.
- Improved logic of ship repairing so that ships are sent to closer ports (those that can travel in up to 1 turn, as it should work). This fix needs testing. Players who do not want their ships to return to port when they have minimal damage, then  they can alter their repair priority accordingly in task forces and ports.
- Campaign AI will scrap old ships more consistently now.
- Naval Invasion success chance increased (the chance is depended on losses and tonnage added).
- Various issues of the beta localization languages are fixed.
- Gun collider optimizations. Auto-Design should be even more effective and faster. Some old designs may become affected and may need redesign.

Please note that the recent changes on the gun models will surely affect designs and gun fire arcs. If you notice guns to stuck it can be due to this reason so you will need to update your designs or restart your campaigns.

Do you have a schedule for your save editor to be announced? I really need the editor. 

And are there any options for main guns shoots to ignore secondary guns? Main guns have different shooting angle which should never be interfered by secondary guns, and many ships in reality take the design which accept secondary guns set in front of the main guns. 

Edited by NewJediOrder
Wrong grammar

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

This battle cruiser was damaged in an auto resolve mission vs a submarine, in the Mediterranean sea. Immediately after, i find it in the most remote location I posses, on the exact opposite side of the planet. It had plenty of other closer ports it could have retreated too, i was stationing it out of Tunisia, that ship has gone back and forth from there multiple times for refit and repair. It also could have also gone to Gibralter, or Cyprus, all Mediterranean ports that I own.

This is like a parody result of this particular issue, yet it actually happen. The exact worst outcome of a auto return to port for repair. This ship wont be fixed and back where it belongs for more than a year.

• Like 1

First, many thanks to the development team for their work on the current patch.

Quick bug report - maxed 1940's-tech light cruiser, fresh design, fair weather on latest beta build.

Sailing parallel to an enemy cruiser, at about 8 km range, my main guns are constantly on target but will rarely fire (maybe once a minute and with a single turret only), while the adversary cruiser's main guns have no problem in throwing a lot of lead my way. Secondary armament engaging as expected.

Apparently the "guns won't fire" bug is still rearing its ugly head.